HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Justin Azevedo

Old
10-18-2011, 02:38 PM
torero

vCash: 500
Justin Azevedo

Hello guys !

i come to ask about Justin Azevedo who is being owned by the Kings.

some years ago, he was a real star in OHL scoring 2 points per game with the Kitchener rangers. Now i see that he is in AHL with the Manchester monarchs scoring .75 points per game on average.

At the end he has the same frame than M Zucharello A with the NY Rangers.

Is he likely to play one day with the Kings ?
Is he unfairly kept in AHL or has he no business in NHL due to his size ... hence his efficiency ?

Of course i ask all that because i have no possibilities to watch some of his games.

TKS

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:55 PM
BigBrown
They did it!

Let me preface this by saying I've only seen Azevedo play a handful of times, but the impression I get is that he has great hockey IQ and has really worked hard on his defensive play but seems to lack the dynamics required for a small guy to really become an NHL regular. Generally, for guys his size to become NHL players they need to be offensive dynamos or be one of the very best in a certain niche, like by being an amazing faceoff guy with great speed, an effective agitator and/or fighter and so on. Azevedo is a good player in many areas but hasn't really carved out a niche for himself since he neither a prolific scorer nor a specialized role player.

I think we will see him grind away in Manchester as a veteran a few more years and then move on.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Kings man 4 life

As stated above he has the tools but his size is hampering him. He is too slow, too small and made of glass.

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 04:36 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

If you asked me if he would ever play on the Kings before this year I'd have said NO. But consider that he was one of the last guys to hang around in camp this year along with King, Voinov, Loktionov and Hickey and that tells me the Kings see something in him still and he isn't considered an AHL lifer... yet. He needs to stay healthy and productive for this whole season though and he should be in pretty decent shape to win a spot in the next couple years if guys like Stoll, Rchardson, Lewis, and Cliche move on.

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 1527
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
If he gets his shot sometime in the future, it won't be with the Kings, but he has done everything asked of him, it's just one of those things...

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 05:40 AM
torero

ok ! tks guys !

maybe he should try Europe ?

In hockey it is never good to be small ... but in Europe the cost is inferior than in NHL !

torero is offline   Reply With Quote