HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Teams interested in Rene Bourque

Old
10-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Flames Fanatic
Unclenched

vCash: 1127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
How could the Bruins not be interested in Bourque?!?

Would Jordan Caron interest the Flames?
I'm interested in Caron, but it's likely we'd still need a high pick coming back as well. Preferably a 1st, but I'm not sure if it's fair value to Boston then. But then again, as I've said before in this thread, I suspect it will take overpayment to get Bourque.

Flames Fanatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Nachoman AlfieSavage*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
I'm interested in Caron, but it's likely we'd still need a high pick coming back as well. Preferably a 1st, but I'm not sure if it's fair value to Boston then. But then again, as I've said before in this thread, I suspect it will take overpayment to get Bourque.
How would it require an overpayment? It is not as if Calgary is a competitive team. Sure you can attach the "Top 6 premium" to him, but people know full well Calgarys situation. If he gets moved, I doubt a decent roster play is coming back the other way. More than likely futures. Best case scenario futures + plug/dump.

Nachoman AlfieSavage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 01:30 PM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonIsOnTheRoofAgain View Post
How would it require an overpayment? It is not as if Calgary is a competitive team. Sure you can attach the "Top 6 premium" to him, but people know full well Calgarys situation. If he gets moved, I doubt a decent roster play is coming back the other way. More than likely futures. Best case scenario futures + plug/dump.
He is signed long term and a top 6, who says we have to trade him??? We don't, therefore it would be an overpayment to get him out of Calgary. I didn't know how competitive a team is determines the value of a single player.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Body Checker

Trading Bourque in Oct/Nov is to improve the roster for a playoff run. It would be for a center for Iggy and Tangs. We have depth on the wing. Moss is the perfect 3rd line winger which is where Bourque is playing now. So Feaster would be looking for guys like Lecav, Spezza, Brassard, Turris, etc. to go in Moss's spot as 1C and then Moss replaces Bourque on the 3rd line. Jokinen, Morrison and Backlund (if not in the Bourque package) would go with the new center as a very deep 4 center depth chart.

Trading Bourque for picks/prospects would only happen in Feb/March if the Flames are out of the playoff hunt.

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Nachoman AlfieSavage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
He is signed long term and a top 6, who says we have to trade him??? We don't, therefore it would be an overpayment to get him out of Calgary. I didn't know how competitive a team is determines the value of a single player.
Ummm. Notsureifserious.

Old
10-19-2011, 01:42 PM
FLAMES666

Quote:
Ummm. Notsureifserious.
Yes I am serious, you think a teams performance determines a players Value????

Old
10-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Nachoman AlfieSavage*

Quote:
Yes I am serious, you think a teams performance determines a players Value????
I think you are fooling yourself respect the intent of management. Borque won't get you a top line center. You know how many teams are dying for a #1 c. So the question becomes, if Calgary isn't moving him to address their biggest need on the first line, why would they trade him at all? Put him in a package for an upgrade? Who? What team is going to let a legit 30 goal top 6 go for Bourque + prospects/picks?

You're kidding yourself. If Bourque gets moved it's for futures. Just like Regehr. Nothing else makes sense. Think 2nd + very good prospect from a playoff team, or 1st + mid level prospect. With a cap dump possibly coming back for both. That is what makes sense, not any of this "overpayment" mumbo jumbo.

Old
10-19-2011, 01:54 PM
FLAMES666

Quote:
I think you are fooling yourself respect the intent of management. Borque won't get you a top line center. You know how many teams are dying for a #1 c. So the question becomes, if Calgary isn't moving him to address their biggest need on the first line, why would they trade him at all? Put him in a package for an upgrade? Who? What team is going to let a legit 30 goal top 6 go for Bourque + prospects/picks?

You're kidding yourself. If Bourque gets moved it's for futures. Just like Regehr. Nothing else makes sense. Think 2nd + very good prospect from a playoff team, or 1st + mid level prospect. With a cap dump possibly coming back for both. That is what makes sense, not any of this "overpayment" mumbo jumbo.

Well I don't know what your reading because I never once mentioned a top line center coming back.

Old
10-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Flames Fanatic
Unclenched

vCash: 1127
Quote:

You do realize Bourque has back to back 27 goal seasons right? A whole whooping 3 goals less than what you're saying won't be moved for him.

Flames Fanatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Nachoman AlfieSavage*

Quote:
Well I don't know what your reading because I never once mentioned a top line center coming back.
Not you, so much as your fellow flames fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
You do realize Bourque has back to back 27 goal seasons right? A whole whooping 3 goals less than what you're saying won't be moved for him.
That is just stupid on so many levels I'm not even going to validate it with a response.

You're totally dreaming. If Bourque goes it is for futures. Nothing else makes sense.

Old
10-19-2011, 02:08 PM
FLAMES666

Quote:
I don't think a number 1 center has been mentioned in this whole thread, and an overpayment doesn't mean a team is sending a number 1 center.

Old
10-19-2011, 02:11 PM
ponder

Bourque is signed long term to a very reasonable deal, and at 29 he should still have plenty of good years left in him. Don't see why Calgary would deal him unless they're considering a true tear-it-down, Edmonton style rebuild.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Ashasx

Quote:

That is just stupid on so many levels I'm not even going to validate it with a response.

You're totally dreaming. If Bourque goes it is for futures. Nothing else makes sense.
It makes zero sense to trade Bourque for futures now when teams would overpay at the deadline. That's why it leads us to believe that if Bourque were to be traded today, it probably wouldn't be for picks and prospects.

And remember, Dreger didn't say the Flames were shopping Bourque at all, just that other teams are interested.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 02:28 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rymistri View Post
Maybe it is just me but trading Bourque for prospects/picks doesn't make much sense.

Why trade a valuable piece like Bourque (who is signed long term and to a very good $$ amount) for prospects and draft picks but hang on to Iginla and Kipper?
Because good teams always build around 34 and 35 year olds. You always dump guys in their prime to support guys in their twilight years. Sheesh, don't you know anything!

CGYPUKSUX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Nachoman AlfieSavage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
It makes zero sense to trade Bourque for futures now when teams would overpay at the deadline. That's why it leads us to believe that if Bourque were to be traded today, it probably wouldn't be for picks and prospects.

And remember, Dreger didn't say the Flames were shopping Bourque at all, just that other teams are interested.
What? You guys are making absolutely ZERO sense.

Ok. A team picking a guy like Bourque up at the deadline implies that it is a playoff team/fringe playoff team looking for a push. Basement teams aren't buyers at the deadline when players are commanding a premium.

So, what you are saying is that a playoff team is going to give an better top 6 for Bourque+.... How does that make any sense whatsoever? Can you give me just one logical scenario where this even makes the smallest amount of sense?

I agree that someone will overpay at the deadline. But they will overpay with prospects and picks. Not downgrade or move laterally. Because that is just stupid and makes absolutely no sense.

Old
10-19-2011, 02:53 PM
FLAMES666

Quote:

Ok. A team picking a guy like Bourque up at the deadline implies that it is a playoff team/fringe playoff team looking for a push. Basement teams aren't buyers at the deadline when players are commanding a premium.

So, what you are saying is that a playoff team is going to give an better top 6 for Bourque+.... How does that make any sense whatsoever? Can you give me just one logical scenario where this even makes the smallest amount of sense?

I agree that someone will overpay at the deadline. But they will overpay with prospects and picks. Not downgrade or move laterally. Because that is just stupid and makes absolutely no sense.

Man you need the help, I recommend gaining some reading comprehension.

Old
10-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Just mentioned on TSN, any speculation who would be interested?
Calgary, for starters.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 02:55 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
Because good teams always build around 34 and 35 year olds. You always dump guys in their prime to support guys in their twilight years. Sheesh, don't you know anything!

People balk at trading Iginla and (to a lesser extent) Kiprusoff for sentimental reasons. The same doesn't apply to Bourque, but he's one of the Flames' more valuable trade assets and thus is being discussed at length here.

SmellOfVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Nachoman AlfieSavage*

Quote:
Man you need the help, I recommend gaining some reading comprehension.
Firstly, I was responding to Ashax, not you. Secondly, please elaborate. I'd love to hear it.

Old
10-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Ashasx

Quote:

Wtf? How did you get that out of my post.

You are so unbelievably arrogant. Look at what the Oilers got for Penner or Ottawa for Fisher. They wouldn't have gotten those returns at this time last season. And Bourque is better than both of those players.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Sharks or Ducks.

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
The return would be a significant simply due to how many teams would want him. Feaster is probably taking offers now and doing a good job of driving up his value.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:13 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Wtf? How did you get that out of my post.

You are so unbelievably arrogant. Look at what the Oilers got for Penner or Ottawa for Fisher. They wouldn't have gotten those returns at this time last season. And Bourque is better than both of those players.
Dead on. There is absolutely no point in trading Bourque now unless it's for a serious overpayment - since teams will always overpay at the deadline.

Calgary has no real incentive to move him now. I saw the clip on TSN and it was about as vague as it gets. Teams are interested in a decently priced, consistent 20+ goal winger - well no kidding.

I guess they figure Bourque is a good target because he's on the 3rd line, but it still doesn't mean the Flames will let the guy go for nothing. He played a decent chunk of last year on the 3rd line as well.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
BUNGLADEISH

vCash: 283
Quote:

Seeing how you're a little confused, and the Flames fans aren't exactly cooperating, ill attempt to clear it up:

The Flames fans are saying they believe they will get better value at the deadline for him, without specifying if its a top 6 forward or not. If its only futures, they believe they will get more in terms of that at the deadline as opposed to now.

Which is completely understandable. Just look at what Kaberle got at the deadline, as opposed to what GM's were offering during the offseason (1st straight up).

It makes sense to deal him later because then the teams direction would be pretty clear.

However, I do not think under any circumstance they are getting anything more than 1st + decent prospect (e.g. Brad Ross), as I've stated earlier.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:16 PM
FLAMES666

Quote:
Firstly, I was responding to Ashax, not you. Secondly, please elaborate. I'd love to hear it.
Every time you see Overpayment you assume a number 1 centerman. I know you were responding to Ashax and you completely mis read his post.