HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs defeated by the Sabres 3-1

Old
10-18-2011, 09:50 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
All three Centres are getting PP time. Desharnais and Pleks are together on the first unit. Who do you want to centre the second unit? Engqvist?
PP is not working. So how about not having Desharnais and Pleks TOGETHER? How about the fresher of the 2 centering the 1st one? How about trying to keep the great line of MaxPac, AKost and Desharais together? If they were just on the ice, you put them for the last minute? You'd still be able to have a #1 PP of Pleks-Cole and Gionta? Would it be that bad? Really a need for Engqvist? How about even using Eller at some point? Really a need for underachiever Gomez? Didn't he proove enough that he's not worth it on a PP? Geez, the guy is even as valuable as any PK'er for the opponent...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:50 PM
coolasprICE

Enough with the Gomez bashing ! He's worth at least 950K on the open market

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:51 PM
SlipperyPete

There have definitely been some positive signs the last couple of games. I know we all want results on the scoreboard, but over the course of a season I think we'll see those if the team keeps playing well.

Specifically, Subban looked a lot better this game. His vision on the first pass out of the zone sometimes is really fantastic. He'll be sparking breakaways and 2 on 1s pretty soon. Also, Emelin seems to be gaining confidence as he gets used to the NHL game. By 20 games in, I think we'll really have an excellent defenceman.

Yes, the forwards need to start putting the puck in the net, and I know using luck as an excuse seems weak, but there have been a lot of rebounds in these first few games that just haven't bounced towards our players. You would have to think some of these bounces will go our way soon.

SlipperyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
I am a die-hard Habs fan. However, the team this year is NOT good.

They have zero finishing ability, and the play of Price is extremely concerning. You dig yourselves in a hole, and will never be able to get out of it.

It is like a golf tournament....you can't win it on the 1st round, but you sure can lose it. Montreal is on the verge of shooting an opening round 78 and being 13 shots off the lead after 1 round.

After 2-3 more games, we are going to be 10 points back of the division lead and totally out of the equation.
we had two games out of 5 where we have scored 5 goals, I don't think finishing is a problem. We've been unlucky.

Yes Price has played bad, but is it reasonable to expect him to play at a .880 average the entire season..

The fact is the habs have played 5 games and they have been the better team in 4 of those games, there is no reason to think that they are not a good team.

Also, you are assuming losses for the next two games. You do realize that if we win the next two games we're .500 right? And winning those two games throws us into a playoff spot right? it goes to show you how it means jack **** right now.

Also you've been playing this schtick for over a year now. You did the same last year. It's a bit redundant and annoying. You express no analysis of a game or players. You just whine and make dumb claims.

The Habs dominated tonight. They dominated Colorado(though Price lost that game and he'd be the first to admit it). How are they not a good team when they've shown to be the better team in 4 of the 5 games so far. you make no sense.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

i dont get why some of you posters are here, truly pathetic.

People blaming Price?? wow. he lets in 2 goals. 1 from an elite goal scorer who put in top shelf. Just cause Miller was the difference maker dosent mean it was Price's fault we lost. What a joke.

the negative attitude from this fan base is unreal. time to get a grip

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:53 PM
couris

Cole-Gomes-Gionta

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Enough with the Gomez bashing ! He's worth at least 950K on the open market

I don't know if I should laugh or not ?!

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JohnLennon

Habs dominated the game tonight, there is no question about that. If you actually analyzed the game play-by-play you would have a hard time pointing out a single player that played badly tonight. But...

What happened in this thread: One poster mentioned Gomez sucks. Then some posters read that and somehow correlated that because some people have the opinion that Gomez sucks, it must be because of Gomez we lost tonight. Then some people took it farther and said that as long as Gomez is on this team, we will never succeed.

GOMEZ HAS PLAYED VERY WELL DURING THE LAST THREE GAMES. How can you call yourselves fans if you can't even tell who plays well and who didn't?

Think about what you are writing before you post: are you sure it isn't just a reactionary post with not much sense to it that you feel like posting because the Habs lost a game they should have won? If you somehow made the connection between the Habs' loss tonight and Gomez's play thus far this season and especially tonight, you should probably get checked for being legally blind. I can't take the immaturity of this board, where some of you just blame the same players or coach every night even if they had absolutely nothing to do with the loss.

I am ashamed to be associated with some of you posters; and whoever mentioned Gomez being awful as a reason for losing tonight or us not making the playoffs this season, I'm talking about you.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika EllerWick View Post
Scott ''overpaid 8 millions dollar man'' Gomez continues to show the piece of trash of a player he is...

I said it before since day one and I will repeat it again... This team will go no where as long as overpaid, overrated scrubs like Gomez, Gionta, Spacek, etc. are still on it.

Even Cole will soon be part of that category if he continues to struggle badly like that.

Keep Elller, Pacioretty, Subban, Price, Diaz, Plekanec, Gorges, Markov and Yemelin... Trade the rest or put them on waivers I don't care, this team needs a complete rebuild as I don't think that this team has what it takes to make the playoffs this year.

It is time for a big change, Jacques Martin is also part of the problem.
5 games into the regular season and this is the time you selected for big change? The team played like garbage against Calgary, Price played like garbage against Colorado and tonight both the team in front of Price and Price himself had great games, and now we need to make big change? At least the players woke up, which is more than I can say for the majority of the posters on these boards.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

If only we had a real goalhorn.

OhOhOhOhOHHHHH

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Protest the Hero

The reason Gomez played so much in the third was because he was our best faceoff man tonight unfortunately. I'd like to see Eller at least take his place on the PP, showed way more poise with the puck.

Cole loses most of his battles along the boards which is sort of baffling to me considering his size.

I think the 100th win is in Price's head right now, he just needs that one then I think he'll start playing better, tonight wasn't really his fault anyways. The rebound on the first goal was bad but Gomez was too slow coming back, and the second goal was absolutely labelled in the top corner. I think he still should've had it though, he was off angle a bit.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Et le But

http://www.shrpsports.com/nhl/stand.php
Here's an idea to the people who think the season is almost over. Look at the standings exactly a year ago; Buffalo, who made the playoffs, had 3 points in 6 games, Boston had only 4 points, the Rangers 3, Philly 5.

And look at the top of the table, the mighty Toronto Maple Leafs had yet to experience a regulation time loss, while Atlanta and the Islanders were also in playoff positions. Later on, at the end of the month, the Habs were leading the division.

Meanwhile in the West, Vancouver and San Jose were out of playoff spots while Colorado and Dallas had two of the best records in the league.

So please, get a grip people, it's much more important we work things out right now.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Habs dominated the game tonight, there is no question about that. If you actually analyzed the game play-by-play you would have a hard time pointing out a single player that played badly tonight. But...

What happened in this thread: One poster mentioned Gomez sucks. Then some posters read that and somehow correlated that because some people have the opinion that Gomez sucks, it must be because of Gomez we lost tonight. Then some people took it farther and said that as long as Gomez is on this team, we will never succeed.

GOMEZ HAS PLAYED VERY WELL DURING THE LAST THREE GAMES. How can you call yourselves fans if you can't even tell who plays well and who didn't?

Think about what you are writing before you post: are you sure it isn't just a reactionary post with not much sense to it that you feel like posting because the Habs lost a game they should have won? If you somehow made the connection between the Habs' loss tonight and Gomez's play thus far this season and especially tonight, you should probably get checked for being legally blind. I can't take the immaturity of this board, where some of you just blame the same players or coach every night even if they had absolutely nothing to do with the loss.

I am ashamed to be associated with some of you posters; and whoever mentioned Gomez being awful as a reason for losing tonight or us not making the playoffs this season, I'm talking about you.

Coming from the biggest Gomez homer on this board, you can't be serious?!?!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Erika

Quote:

You must be a newcomer on this board... I don't remember seeing you around so I guess that you're new...

With that said, people hated Gomez way before this year, this is nothing new here, why are you defending him ?! He is bad... really bad !! Just accept it !!

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:57 PM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Yes lets tank so we can get access to some 18 year old hotshot that will take 3 years to mature into a good player, hence more tanking. Years of video games have destroyed too many minds.
You mean like Skinner, Hall, Tavares, Duchene, Stamkos ...

dcal64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JohnLennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Coming from the biggest Gomez homer on this board, you can't be serious?!?!
Tell me how exactly I am a Gomez homer? I'm a Habs homer, and I can tell when our players play well and when they play badly. Gomez hasn't had a bad game yet this season, yet some whiny posters such as yourself don't let that stop them from blaming him for losses.

Quote:
You must be a newcomer on this board... I don't remember seeing you around so I guess that you're new...

With that said, people hated Gomez way before this year, this is nothing new here, why are you defending him ?! He is bad... really bad !! Just accept it !!
I've been a Habs fan for a long time and I have been reading this board for awhile. Can you not see that you are just irrationally blaming a player when he has nothing to do with half our losses? You can't tell me he had a bad game tonight. Sure, you can point out a few bad plays as you can for every player, but overall tonight he had a good game. The whole team did.

Your justification for disliking Gomez is because "people hated Gomez way before this year" and that is why people don't like him. You people are like sheep and just repeating the words of others because you think since everyone thinks he sucks, he actually does. Gomez doesn't suck. If he got 50 points this season, I would be satisfied because that is solid for a second line center.

Not to mention he is usually our best playoff performer and the best face-off man on this team.

It's just simply pathetic how some of you are blaming Gomez for the loss tonight... simply mind-boggling.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

I really wish Gauthier had the guts to send Gomez to the minors and bring up Trottier. Gomez hasnt scored in 101 STRAIGHT periods...his last goal that counted was scored on Feb 5th, 2010.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

Quote:
Just think about this critically and logically. What is your definition of good? He made exactly two GOOD plays all game, one was a nifty give and go and the other was when he out-hustled Miller to get the puck to Gionta.

Two good plays =/="very well"

He's non-contributing. He's bad.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Nevermind Gomez, I hope my perception of Cole wasn't true. I thought he was finished BEFORE he went to Edmonton. Went to the Oilers sucked, returned to Carolina and got a good season. But I thought the guy's best years were behind him in a while. I hope i'm wrong but right now he's not good at all.
OK, the Habs were screwed. Pouliot has been looking better than Cole--truly. Cole is the biggest disappointment since Gomez, and his contract, too, is an albatross. However, despite this the season can be saved. Eller and Kostitsyn are playing well and the wounded Habs will all be back in November. Diaz shows offensive talent and Emelin finally threw one of his hard body checks.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Tell me how exactly I am a Gomez homer? I'm a Habs homer, and I can tell when our players play well and when they play badly. Gomez hasn't had a bad game yet this season, yet some whiny posters such as yourself don't let that stop them from blaming him for losses.
Because every post you spend defending Gomez, who has done absolutely nothing for the past two years. Yet you continue to talk about how great he is. I'm not blaming him for the loses alone, but he sure as hell isn't helping out. He is terrible...absolutely terrible. Probably worse than last year, but he trained harder in the off season right?!?

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Scott ''overpaid 8 millions dollar man'' Gomez continues to show the piece of trash of a player he is...

I said it before since day one and I will repeat it again... This team will go no where as long as overpaid, overrated scrubs like Gomez, Gionta, Spacek, etc. are still on it.

Even Cole will soon be part of that category if he continues to struggle badly like that.

Keep Elller, Pacioretty, Subban, Price, Diaz, Plekanec, Gorges, Markov and Yemelin... Trade the rest or put them on waivers I don't care, this team needs a complete rebuild as I don't think that this team has what it takes to make the playoffs this year.

It is time for a big change, Jacques Martin is also part of the problem.
Finally. Someone not afraid to tell it like it is.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Just think about this critically and logically. What is your definition of good? He made exactly two GOOD plays all game, one was a nifty give and go and the other was when he out-hustled Miller to get the puck to Gionta.

Two good plays =/="very well"

He's non-contributing. He's bad.
I suppose the reason why you're confused by why JohnLennon and others think Gomez played well is because you're starting from the false premise in that Gomez made two good plays all game. In fact, he was consistently solid throughout the game and generally maintained good puck possession and was a catalyst for his line.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:02 PM
sampollock

over payment is the real reason we are sucking,

and when the ownership comes out and says guys like gomer suck, then i will stand and clap.

they need to fix this mess. he is a joke

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Finally. Someone not afraid to tell it like it is.
Someone not afraid? I'm pretty sure that's the most popular narrative for all of Montreal's woes for the past few months at least . . .

Unless you're being sarcastic, of course. In which case, I appreciate your sarcasm.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:03 PM
TheBuriedHab

Maybe once we get our best pure goal scorer back we will be a little bit better at scoring goals. Just a thought. We did play well, but buffalo's sniper had one chance and buried it.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote