HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Game Center

Old
10-20-2011, 11:42 AM
IslesandHawks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by will5059 View Post
I live in new haven county ct and Comcast doesn't offer msg+ up here. My town (Madison ,CT) also had ancient cable lines up until last year so center ice wasn't even an option for before this season. Last year I got gamecenterlive on my ps3 and love it. You can set it so it doesn't give away the scores so it's perfect for if you can't make it home by 7 but want to watch the game without spoiling the ending. I find with the recent upgrade in the cable lines the picture quality is just below HD, but miles better than standard def. (not sure if the new lines on the street effect Internet speed, but whatever)Now after talking to many Comcast customer service reps I found out that the amount of HD games availible on center ice varies from town to town depending on the lines on the street . Ours are now up to date so we get like 4 or 5 games in hd a night. But the fact that gamecenter let's me watch the game in it's entirety or in condensed form keeps me from switching. Oh and there's a three year archive and classic games dating back to the 60's . Hope that helps.
Please share this tidbit... This always ruins Hawks games for me. That and ScoreMobile sending me alerts every time Quenneville snarls at a ref.

IslesandHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 11:47 AM
IslesNorway

You can hide the scores but the winning team is highlighted still. Very stupid! If you use the Vault (which comes with GCL) then you can there is no highlighting.

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Yes, please. Share how to hide the scores. It's annoying.

edit: Never mind! I swear I checked the options 4 times and didn't see anything. Now, it's right there staring me in the face. Duh.

Last edited by Richie Daggers Crime: 10-20-2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: duh
Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnpike Terrors View Post
Thanks for responses.. I don't have a ps3 so I don't know how it works it's an app for it? My friends have ps3's would I be able to sign in on their systems whenever I'm at their houses to catch a few games or would it have to be only on one ps3.
To answer my own question I emailed game center customer service about it and they responded:

Quote:
You will be able to link your GameCenter Live to any 5 devices so yes you can do it at a friends house but you can only log into on device at a time.

Bunk Moreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 06:27 PM
will5059

Sitting on my couch waiting for the game to start and took a second to double check my settings on my gamecenterlive ps3 app. 1.) go to account settings and to off the "show scores" 2.) I then went back to the calendar and no teams were highlighted, so in no way would the viewing experience be spoiled if were to watch the game after it was completed .3.) the main complaint that I do have is no pre-game show and even worse is that "intermission" screen. I mean Jesus! I can see distinguishing the pre-game show as separate programming but the intermission is a part of the freaking game IMO . Either way until Comcast gives all center ice games in hd I'm sticking with this. There is no worse pic quality than msg+ in standard def.

will5059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 10:15 AM
Brain Hemorrhage

Quote:
Originally Posted by will5059 View Post
3.) the main complaint that I do have is no pre-game show and even worse is that "intermission" screen. I mean Jesus! I can see distinguishing the pre-game show as separate programming but the intermission is a part of the freaking game IMO .
This! It is a small complaint, but even for archived games you have to manually fast forward through the "intermission" screen. It is really my major complaint. It's a simple algorithm to skip that screen. Right now to skip it I have to download the stream to MythTV and use MythTV's screen skipping feature. Otherwise I absolutely LOVE GameCenter Live. It will only get better - for example, Microsoft Silverlight 5 has added some seriously amazing playback features built-in that competitors will take advantage of, which will in turn force NeuLion to add these features to their Adobe Flash Player or switch to Silverlight.

My other complaint, which was also briefly touched in this thread, is how they upgrade the Android phone app. It's totally stupid.

Disclaimer: I am a software engineer, so engineering issues are personal to me.

Brain Hemorrhage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 12:50 PM
TheBoss22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Yes, please. Share how to hide the scores. It's annoying.

edit: Never mind! I swear I checked the options 4 times and didn't see anything. Now, it's right there staring me in the face. Duh.
You know, before "hiding the score" was even mentioned on these boards I always wondered why we would want to hide the score (this was before I started to frequently use NHL GCL).

Then last year, when I would watch Isles games after they had completed I would take 1 hand to hide the scores at the top, squint my eyes, and use the other hand to control the mouse and hope that I could select the Isles game without reading the score. My wife caught me doing this several times and thought I was a complete moron!!!

So last night I used the "Scores - Off" mode and it was PERFECT!!!

Thanks to whomever mentioned it here!!!

TheBoss22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 06:56 PM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Anyone else having trouble connecting to GameCenter Live tonight?

beach is offline   Reply With Quote