HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Duncan Keith

Old
10-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Sevanston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
I'm being a jag...He has had a great 2-3 games.
Completely OT:

This doesn't compute with my mid-2000s Evanston slang. (Yes, we think we have our own slang)

"Jag" meant mistake, or it was an exclamation of a mistake.

Kane jagged on that turnover tonight for example. At which point, he could've shouted (or someone could've shouted at him) "Jag, Kaner!"

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:00 PM
massivegoonery

Why did they decide not to let people delete posts?

Last edited by massivegoonery: 10-25-2011 at 11:07 PM.
massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 12:35 AM
RomersWorld*

Who remembers the Jag bag of the week on The Score?

Jag basically just means a jackass.

Jag bag from Urban Dictionary:
Quote:
2. a person who is a jackass, particularly in Chicago.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 08:13 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
He better score a goal tonight. I don't care if he is a D-man no excuses. +5 means nothing to me score a goal or we need to pull a trigger and get Weber.
Let the Weber crap go already. We're not signing him, and we don't need him. Our defense looks great, and is locked up for this and next year. The only thing we'll need to replace is a partner for Montador on the bottom pairing after this season. Aside from that, we have everyone locked up for next season, and the only guy who will need a contract after that season is Leddy. Speaking of, I'd like to see us try and lock him up long term right now, at a bargain if possible.

A month ago I would have said to use that money + the money from Bruno off the books after this year, to bring in a legit #2 C to reunite STK. Right now, I'm not so sure. Hard to say bring in a top 6 winger, because I would like to see Morin get a chance to take Bruno's spot, so I'm not even sure what I'd like to see us acquire after this season. That's not even considering the fact that Olsen could take SOD's place, and if he performs well, that's just one more spot to save money at and not having to worry about.

Last edited by RayP: 10-26-2011 at 08:19 AM.
RayP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 08:18 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I agree with RayP.

1. all we need this Offseason is a #6 and #7 DMen
2. Leddy should be resigned 3-5 years

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 08:41 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I've always known jag to be short for jag off, which is slang for a jackass or *******.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:54 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I agree with RayP.

Agreed. And I also hope Morin makes the team as well next year, hopefully he does good in rockford this season and stays H-E-A-L-T-H-Y.

DK had a decent game last night, btw.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:12 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
Not to derail this thread, but can someone please explain to me how Seabrook has been inconsistent this year? I think he and Hjammer have both been excellent defensively, and have done so consistently this entire young season. If you want to gripe about his offensive contributions, you may have a point, but from what I have seen (which has been the entire season to date) Seabrook has been excellent defensively (as has Hjammer). Keith and Leddy have been much more inconsistent defensively.
I'm probably the biggest Seabrook detractor on here by far and I have to admit he is playing much better, with a lot fewer mistakes the last few games.

My biggest gripe on Seabrook has always been the repeated moronic pinches (the number of oddmans he gave up last year over this was ridiculous), lapses in awareness around the net (fixates on the puck while guys sneak around him), and some real boneheaded plays with the puck in his own zone. I thought he started the year (first 2-3) games making many of these mistakes, and he had some again a few nights ago. The difference is they are much more infrequent than they were last year (though I'm not sure it could get any worse).

Maybe more important is Seabrook is making a LOT of individual great plays defensively, easily outpacing those made by everyone else. He's made some oustanding pokechecks, eliminated numerous scoring chances by getting great position, and has been better at patrolling the crease around his own net. If he keeps this up AND eliminates the moronic tendencies, he'll have a great year.

When I'm able to compliment Seabs, you know he's playing pretty good. I think he'd even be better if Q put Leddy, who has much better offensive instincts, on PP1. Let Seabs focus on his defensive game instead of blasting shots off the glass.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:17 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I agree with RayP.

Leddy is a DEFINITE re-sign at this point. The kid just gets it and displays the most natural instincts of all of our defenders. He is excellent at (wisely) jumping in to support the forecheck in the offensive zone, makes smart plays with the puck, and rarely comprises himself to an oddman rush. Now he still needs to work on few things, like clearing the puck (he was brutal last night) and recognizing some game situations (getting switches down for one), but that's to be expected from a kid his age.

I think Leddy is definitely going to be something pretty special.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:28 PM
LandofLincoln

If Hjalmarsson got 3.5 a year what is Leddy worth?

Leddy 5 year deal worth 20 million or more?

below totals 19 million and this wouldn't be high end probably more on the light side

1. 3.5
2. 3.5
3. 4.0
4. 4.0
5. 4.0

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:

below totals 19 million and this wouldn't be high end probably more on the light side

1. 3.5
2. 3.5
3. 4.0
4. 4.0
5. 4.0
Leddy is worth what the market says he's worth. Hjalmersson got $3.5 because he got an offer sheet. Otherwise he would have been paid his qualifying offer price.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:15 PM
LandofLincoln

Hjammer offer sheet

I remember the offer sheet. What do you think Leddy market value is at this point? I thought my numbers were market or maybe even low.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:27 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:

1. 3.5
2. 3.5
3. 4.0
4. 4.0
5. 4.0
Hjalmarsson got overpaid because the Sharks were trying to screw the Hawks.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
I remember the offer sheet. What do you think Leddy market value is at this point? I thought my numbers were market or maybe even low.
Offer sheets are very rare, the Sharks were trying to screw the Hawks. I doubt a team is going to offer Leddy an offer sheet. How many RFA years does Leddy have left? 4? How about 4 years $11 mil?

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote