HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

something feels a little ''off'' this year...

Old
10-18-2011, 12:57 AM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
something feels a little ''off'' this year...

I'm not sure if I'm alone on this one but even going into camp I just wasn't all that excited for the start of the season...

I haven't felt this disinterested in the habs in a long awhile...

Sure I'm watching all the games I can, but a part of me just feels it's going to be one of those years where it's going to be a bit tough to stay ''into it''....

Would a few wins in a row change everything, and bring back that 'vibe' that takes over this city? I'm not convinced...

Are mediocre results and finishes finally becoming too routine for this hockey mad city ? Maybe...

Is everything about this team and how it finishes becoming predictable... I believe so.

Will this be the year where everything feels ''bleh'' ... ???

If my assumptions are true, could this be felt as well in the dressing room ??????

Will our Bell Centre become ACC 2.0 ... !?!?!

Call me a victim of being a fan of a team that is having a pretty poor start, but I swear my gut feeling for this year wasn't very hopeful to begin with...

Am I alone on this one ?

Are you also feeling like something is greatly lacking in the air ?

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:14 AM
Andros777

It's almost as if we have a crappy team.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:15 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

either that or your becoming less interested in what is just another entertainment option to kill some time

i had good feeling, and still have good feeling of this season.

doesn't help that the forums are being run over by apocalyptic paranoid peeps.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:15 AM
Viggo Mortensen

Seriously, the thing that is definitly not helping is all these injuries. Last season ended with that sour taste and its still the same after a summer

Viggo Mortensen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:16 AM
NHLFutureGuy3

You're not alone.

I kind of feel the same way. Everything feels a bit off. Here's my take on it.

1. Horrible opening ceremony
2. Bad new goal song
3. Too many injuries to start the year.
4. No great rookies to get excited about like PK Subban last year.

I also have the feeling that we haven't really improved. I feel like we are finishing no higher than 7th this year and we have a 50/50 chance to make the playoffs which is basically the same damn thing every year.

The only thing that makes me excited this year is the play of Pacioretty.

NHLFutureGuy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

I think it has to do with injuries. We've been plagued with them for so many seasons now and it doesn't help that this season is off to a bad start with injuries already.

I understand other teams have injuries as well, but we just seem to always get his the hardest, every single year for a while now. Pens can be an exception, considering they're missing Crosby & Malkin, but yeah...

Hopefully things pick up once we get Markov & Cammy back. Also hope Markov can prove the doubters wrong and come back 100% and play strong and doesn't get another injury. People have forgotten how good of a player he is and how he changes this team.

I have mixed feelings going into this season, but I'll always be a fan of this team, in the bad times and the good.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:26 AM
S1C1L1AN78

I for one was excited couldn't wait for the start of the season . Finally 3 capable lines of scoring but so far im not impressed ... Pk with his over the top plays whitch are great to see when he does succeed but too many mistakes just trying too much for highlight of the night clip . One thing that really gets to me is the lack of effort from teh entire team come on give it your 1-- percent damn it . And for f@@ks sake finish your damn checks hit hit hit more . Is anyone else tired of seeing them back off a check on the oppoonents defence the most i duno other teams his ours at every chance yet we back off ...

S1C1L1AN78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:29 AM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 200
I had a better feeling going into this season than I did going into last season.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:29 AM
Habs

I'm with you. The team hasn't done much to inspire the fans, and needs 'something' to happen.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:36 AM
Brass

Should've Kept Gallagher.

Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:41 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

The game against colorado was a bit better. The team was skating and played inspired. Games like that will get people's attention.

Defensively, the team needs alot of work... both the forwards and the D (and lack thereof) are to blame for this.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:44 AM
Koivu2001

we should do a protest...

Koivu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:46 AM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

occupy the street the bell centre is on i don't live in montreal

hackeyisneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:51 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 139
We'll see if you guys are disinterested when we win the Cup in June.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:53 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
We'll see if you guys are disinterested when we win the Cup in June.
i bet you're relatively new to this game...

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:58 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 139
Naa, people on this board will get excited as soon as we start winning.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:08 AM
holyhabs87

Not enough fights. Or french players.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:12 AM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

I feel the same this year... and Im a die hard Habs fan (I live in Chile and I watch every games via the internet)

but this year I feel disconnected lol with this team.

maybe its because of the injuries (Markov, White, now Cammy)

maybe its because I see the same old Gomez again..

maybe its because there's too much youngsters on the team...its like preseason again with all the mistakes

maybe its because of the lack of toughness (i know this Habs version is going to lose to teams like Boston,Toronto,Philly

or maybe its because its like 30 degrees out side ...and it doesn't feel like HOCKEY

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:14 AM
Dekar

I think taking 3 out of 8 points is good considering the lack of offensive chemistry we're shown so far.

Sure I'm underwhelmed by our performance given the expectations I had of the team this year (which weren't extremely high, but I felt us being an upper-tier team by season's end, which still isn't out of the question), but it's still only 4 games and I think we need to at least get into December to see what kind of team we really have. Analysing everything at this point in the season is fast-tracking yourself to bipolar hell.

Remember, Price had an awful training camp last year and went on to be a top 5 goalie in the league by season's end. PK had a brutal stretch of games that got him benched, and then he took about 10 games to start rounding into top-pairing form once he got back into the line-up. The slow-start has crept into the early season this year, but I don't expect it to linger too much longer, if at all.

We're going to be fine, guys. :]

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:39 AM
jwolf

Two reasons I feel might be effecting your enjoyment of the team:

1-INJURIES! Seems like it's been a plague since The Great Shake-Up of 2009. Can anyone tell me how many games this team has played in the last 2 seasons with all their important players healthy?

2- HYPED MEDIOCRITY. Year in and year out, The Habs keep icing teams that everyone knows will fall short (how short varies from season to season). But still - like clockwork - every summer we (fans and media) whip ourselves into a frenzy speculating and dreaming about another Cup only to be disappointed once the season starts. Of course it's too early to be negative - and I'm not, but I still don't think our boys are bringing home Lord Stanley's hardware. Not this year. No matter how much I love the youth and some of the vets, no one can tell me we're more than an average to decent team.

We're not tanking. We're not swinging for the fences. It's just business as usual.
Who needs a drink?

jwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:48 AM
ashtraygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
or maybe its because its like 30 degrees out side ...and it doesn't feel like HOCKEY
I'll take one for the team and switch places with you for a few weeks!

ashtraygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:48 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFutureGuy3 View Post
You're not alone.

I kind of feel the same way. Everything feels a bit off. Here's my take on it.

1. Horrible opening ceremony
2. Bad new goal song
3. Too many injuries to start the year.
4. No great rookies to get excited about like PK Subban last year.

I also have the feeling that we haven't really improved. I feel like we are finishing no higher than 7th this year and we have a 50/50 chance to make the playoffs which is basically the same damn thing every year.

The only thing that makes me excited this year is the play of Pacioretty.
Agreed on all counts. Only the play of Pacioretty has gotten me excited, the rest of the team seems formulaic: Rely on special teams and system-based 5on5, hope for some scrappy goals, win at a 0.500 clip. I'm not a fan of JM hockey and never have been, he squeezes out something though... as boring as it is.

The Gomez line with their dump-and-change is boring. Desharnais losing every faceoff and playing catchup is boring. The tons of missed passes that lead to crappy play are boring. There's no finesse or anything in this team, never has been.

Only Pacioretty and Cammy have hands worth talking about (and use them, ahem AK) and one of them is injured.

I couldn't sit though a single preseason game, they were teeth-grindingly dull. The regular season games too, it's just not good hockey when you watch the Habs. Hasn't been for 3 years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
Two reasons I feel might be effecting your enjoyment of the team:

1-INJURIES! Seems like it's been a plague since The Great Shake-Up of 2009. Can anyone tell me how many games this team has played in the last 2 seasons with all their important players healthy?

2- HYPED MEDIOCRITY. Year in and year out, The Habs keep icing teams that everyone knows will fall short (how short varies from season to season). But still - like clockwork - every summer we (fans and media) whip ourselves into a frenzy speculating and dreaming about another Cup only to be disappointed once the season starts. Of course it's too early to be negative - and I'm not, but I still don't think our boys are bringing home Lord Stanley's hardware. Not this year. No matter how much I love the youth and some of the vets, no one can tell me we're more than an average to decent team.

We're not tanking. We're not swinging for the fences. It's just business as usual.
Who needs a drink?
No one hyped anything. We have a respectable team and not a single member of the media nor hfboards even said anything about the cup. Don't project.

My theory: It's a bunch of things: lack of physical players, lack of fringe fighters, etc But think of it this way: maybe management doesn't want a circus surrounding the team - they know they're gonna make the playoffs (and if they're not on the right track they'll make moves to get there, that I'm sure of) and they don't want any more undue pressure or attention. They were sick and tired of the superstar-show with the centennial crap so they hired literally the most boring coach possible. Nothing phases Jacques Martin and while I don't have the patience for his **** brand of hockey, he does deliver (somewhat) and he does keep his critics at bay at all times. Our longest losing streak last season was what 3 games when we were shutout straight? The fans were hankering for a firing or something but the media knew better than to say anything, they knew Jacque's answer already: "uhhh we got to get the puck on the net and uhhh tighten up on our own zone".

I have faith in this team and their success, I probably won't watch every game though. They're just not fun.

Last edited by WhiskeySeven: 10-18-2011 at 02:54 AM.
WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 03:30 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Season will truly start when we'll play the Bruins.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 03:33 AM
CuteHockeyBunny

Lack of drama and discussion topics. The club has tightened up any sort of out going information to where it is now very much like a sterile corporation, with little to no personality in it. Doesn't help that sports teams are in the entertainment business and the way they're playing isn't very entertaining.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 03:34 AM
Aceekay

Ya i feel the same, it really is an odd feeling

Damn i actually had four paragraphs explaining my view and then it got deleted

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote