HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs NHL gamecenter

Old
10-17-2011, 10:02 PM
NLPenton15

vCash: 500
Habs NHL gamecenter

Hey everyone, I am posted in Kingston, Ontario. I am getting nhl gamecenter but I am worried about Habs game being blackout cause of RDS. I have no cable access here so if this worked I be set all year.

Just wondering If anyone knows the blackout restrictions for Kingston area. Thanks

NLPenton15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLPenton15 View Post
Hey everyone, I am posted in Kingston, Ontario. I am getting nhl gamecenter but I am worried about Habs game being blackout cause of RDS. I have no cable access here so if this worked I be set all year.

Just wondering If anyone knows the blackout restrictions for Kingston area. Thanks
RDS should only have blackout for Quebec. At least thats what the representative I talked to said. I've used it for RDS games all the time in Edmonton where you can get RDS as a speciality channel.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:19 AM
blasimon

Anybody use CenterIce in the US with Verizon Fios? Here's how the description reads:

NHL Center Ice Early Bird

• Get all the hard-hitting, non-stop hockey action nationwide.
• Follow your favorite teams even if you don't live in their city.
• Provides access to up to 40 out-of-market NHL games a week.
• Includes viewings of select games from the first two rounds of the Stanley Cup® Playoffs.
• Up to 7 games a week in HD are also provided.
$171.80 (Annual Subscription)

Only one game per night per week, on average, in HD? That seems pretty bad. Can anybody share their experience with getting Habs games in HD? If they are not, I may stick with hockeystreams...

blasimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:33 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
I've been very pleased with hockeystreams.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:40 AM
blasimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
I've been very pleased with hockeystreams.
Me too (other than the occasional mess), and I've had it for 4 years I think. But, if the games are in HD on Centerice I'd rather get it from Fios and not only have hockey on the TVs that have computers/devices hooked up to them.

blasimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:42 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

I'm glad there is a thread about this because I have a few questions to anyone that can help me. First I've read something called Centre Ice and something called Game Centre, are they the same thing or to different packages?

The one I am interested in is the one where you can watch from our CPU or PS3, now is that centre ice or game centre.

Also if I understand correctly, you play 160$ or wtv it is, and you are able to watch all other games expect Habs game if you are in MTL?

Lastly, since I would like to stream the games online on my cpu or ps3, does it use up a lot of bandwidth when watching games?

Thanks for the help in advance.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:02 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
I'm glad there is a thread about this because I have a few questions to anyone that can help me. First I've read something called Centre Ice and something called Game Centre, are they the same thing or to different packages?

The one I am interested in is the one where you can watch from our CPU or PS3, now is that centre ice or game centre.

Also if I understand correctly, you play 160$ or wtv it is, and you are able to watch all other games expect Habs game if you are in MTL?

Lastly, since I would like to stream the games online on my cpu or ps3, does it use up a lot of bandwidth when watching games?

Thanks for the help in advance.
With hockeystreams, you can watch it through TVersity on your PS3.

I don't know, but I'm in Ottawa and have had a number of games blocked on Center Ice.

Basically, anytime they play the Sens, Leafs, and many of the games against the west, they're usually blocked on Center Ice (from my limited experience with it).

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

You can't watch a game if it's on a national broadcast.

So, if the leafs and habs play on cbc, then anywhere you are in Canada (unless there's a game outwest on at 7 pm est) you can't watch it. Living in Ontario (though, just inside Ontario) I can't watch habs games on game centre if they're on RDS, CBC, TSN, TSN2, or TSN-Habs.

Basically, I can't watch the habs on it, so it's pointless for me. Also, if RDS, or TSN show any other games that might be interesting. Say, Pit-Wash, or Philly-Bos, or whatever, you can't watch them.

Essentially, if you live in Ontario and you're a fan of a Canadian team, but don't have cable/Satellite, you might as well watch it from streams and not get centre ice.

Also, if you're European, they seem to be screwing them over, as well. Centre ice/Game centre seems designed for people in the southern states.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
With hockeystreams, you can watch it through TVersity on your PS3.

I don't know, but I'm in Ottawa and have had a number of games blocked on Center Ice.

Basically, anytime they play the Sens, Leafs, and many of the games against the west, they're usually blocked on Center Ice (from my limited experience with it).
How much is TVersity ? How do I get for the ps3 and how much is hockeystreams ?

I only watch tv for hockey games, so I don't get satellite/cable but don't want to watch a stream on a 15 inch lappy when I have a 50 inch tv a foot away...

Old
10-18-2011, 03:20 PM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

Any habs game that's blacked out on NHL gamecenter on your PC.. just turn on hotspot shield and walla.. the game is working.

cjbhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
You can't watch a game if it's on a national broadcast.

So, if the leafs and habs play on cbc, then anywhere you are in Canada (unless there's a game outwest on at 7 pm est) you can't watch it. Living in Ontario (though, just inside Ontario) I can't watch habs games on game centre if they're on RDS, CBC, TSN, TSN2, or TSN-Habs.

Basically, I can't watch the habs on it, so it's pointless for me. Also, if RDS, or TSN show any other games that might be interesting. Say, Pit-Wash, or Philly-Bos, or whatever, you can't watch them.

Essentially, if you live in Ontario and you're a fan of a Canadian team, but don't have cable/Satellite, you might as well watch it from streams and not get centre ice.

Also, if you're European, they seem to be screwing them over, as well. Centre ice/Game centre seems designed for people in the southern states.
I have no idea how it works in NA, but here in France, I can watch every single game. No blackout at all, eventhough french cable TV broadcasts a couple games a week.

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 05:24 PM
maci4life

i had it last year. although the quality was good, I was very disappointed with it's blackout policy. Although the habs games came through. I'd have the most "non-local" markets get blocked out as well. How is it possible that edmonton, vancouver and calgary markets get blacked out from TORONTO??? WTF.

please don't help support a very flawed system. If I do not have cable in my house, and want to watch any hockey game that i want ( and pay for ), then i should be allowed. Blackouts can kiss my ass, i don't care about local markets. I live in hockey breathing Toronto where you could make a case that EVERY NHL game is a local market game.

thank you NHL for making my decision NOT to purchase centre ice ( the streaming one ), and using alternative methods to view the games. I'd gladly pay, too bad you lack the value in your product.

It's your loss, not mine.

maci4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 05:27 PM
maci4life

I think the only option to getting no games blacked out would be to get a US proxy of a city that doesn't have a local team. that way, no games should be blacked out.

maci4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 05:29 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
How much is TVersity ? How do I get for the ps3 and how much is hockeystreams ?

I only watch tv for hockey games, so I don't get satellite/cable but don't want to watch a stream on a 15 inch lappy when I have a 50 inch tv a foot away...
It won't look great, but there are inexpensive ways to watch the internet stream on your TV...

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by maci4life View Post
I think the only option to getting no games blacked out would be to get a US proxy of a city that doesn't have a local team. that way, no games should be blacked out.
I think even then the games on Versus and the NHL Network are blacked out. I don't mind the former as I get Versus but the latter is just terrible, I'm paying for GameCenter and they won't let me watch games that are only on an extra premium channel?

It's still worth the price though, as a fan of a Canadian team living in a US market I get almost all the games I want to see. I don't think I'd bother with GameCenter if I was living in Canada because of how many Habs games would be blacked out. But with the ability to stream multiple games at once on my computer or on my TV via PS3, it's very nice to have here.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
It won't look great, but there are inexpensive ways to watch the internet stream on your TV...
Like ?

I just use my ps3 to stream on my tv and its browser is so terrible.

Old
10-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Anyone know if I were to split it with someone would we be able both be able to be signed in at two different locations? I know it says no on their site but MLB's game center says no as well but you definitely can.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 01:16 PM
LarsEller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnpike Terrors View Post
Anyone know if I were to split it with someone would we be able both be able to be signed in at two different locations? I know it says no on their site but MLB's game center says no as well but you definitely can.
You cant.. If you login to NHL game center on your computer, you won't be able to do it on your ps3 at the same time ;-(

LarsEller is offline   Reply With Quote