HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

What company do you support the most?

Old
10-21-2011, 11:15 AM
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokers Gonna Choke View Post
Paradox has actually released a Diplomacy game, however I think it did quite poorly with the reviewers.

Hearts of Iron I'm not sure how similar it is to Diplomacy, trust me though that Paradox games are generally excellent (but somewhat buggy at times).

Their best games are Europa Universalis 2, Hearts of Iron 2, Europa Universalis 3 and Victoria 1.
All those guys you listed have an extremely high learning curve, especially Victoria. All the games are also very much worth buying if you're into those games. I just got EU 3 and am having an incredibly hard time getting going in it.

RobBrown4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Lee Van Cleef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
All those guys you listed have an extremely high learning curve, especially Victoria. All the games are also very much worth buying if you're into those games. I just got EU 3 and am having an incredibly hard time getting going in it.
Once you get into it the game is so good. Me and a friend was multiplaying together, I was Hungary and he was Poland, we pretty much split up the world between ourselves, he got all of northern Europe, Russia, China and both the Americas, while I took southern Europe, Arabia, India, Southeast Asia, Africa and of course Australia So satisfying to eliminate all other countries with our Hungarian-Polish alliance.

It's a PITA killing all the damn rebels once you get large enough though. Oh and Austria are ****ing overpowered (At least prior to the Divine Wind expansion, I haven't played the game much since that).

Lee Van Cleef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Frankie Spankie

Can't really think of many companies that I would buy from without a whim other than Valve and Dice.

Valve is so convenient with Steam and all their games have been awesome, even though I think their newer games are starting to get a little boring. I didn't find TF2 fun at all compared to the original and L4D felt like it got old really fast. But then again, I loved Portal 2 and have been playing some of the custom community maps lately.

Dice obviously makes Battlefield which aside from Team Fortress Classic, is my favorite online FPS series of all time. I've loved all of their games and will continue to buy Battlefield games as long as they make them and continue to be step ups as they have been.

I would have said id before a month ago but after how terrible the Rage release was for PC, they fell down a rung on the ladder for me.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything that I would support the most over anything else. All my computers have been similar but I have only had 3, and one of them was just given to me from my brother. All 3 had Intel processors and ATI video cards. I will stick with the Intels but my next computer I'm definitely switching to nVidia, too many annoying problems with games and my ATI video card. Also all have been and will continue to be Windows.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote