HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Win Two Games in Three Nights

Old
10-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Rangers Win Two Games in Three Nights

The Rangers have turned things around on their Western Canada swing. Before this week’s games in Vancouver and Calgary, New York was 0-1-2, and not looking very good on the ice. If not for Henrik Lundqvist’s sparkling play during the first three games, the Rangers would have had no points going into the Western Canada [...]

More...

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 03:34 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Leslie I think the team is improving incrementally, however the team has yet to put out a full 60 minute effort (aside from Hank). These last 2 wins are the epitome of "ugly wins", though I'm more than happy to have the 4 points. 23 SOG in regulation against the Flames?

This team needs a better effort all game from every player.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Agreed in regards to your comments about Woywitka. It'll be interesting to see if they can land someone of quality. Especially considering there are a few other teams out there looking for help on defense as well.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Ail
Girardi Sucks

Still really do not think there is a reasonable D option worth moving significant pieces for, especially when the Rangers prospect pool's greatest strength is their depth at D.

However if anyone could find one, I am sure it would be Slats.

The problem I see is if Erixon, and DZ keep improving, Eminger and Woywitka are the odd men out when Staal and Sauer return. One of them becoming the 7th. If they make a move for another solid D, they're going to have to demote one of DZ/Erixon to make room for that person on the roster once Staal gets back finally. They're not going to make one of the kids a 7th d-man, for developmental reasons, and if they are playing well, why send them down just to bring in more D as a temporary fill-in?

I'm all for making the d-core as strong as humanly possible, but I don't think the trade is necessary at the moment.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 06:29 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Still really do not think there is a reasonable D option worth moving significant pieces for, especially when the Rangers prospect pool's greatest strength is their depth at D.

However if anyone could find one, I am sure it would be Slats.

The problem I see is if Erixon, and DZ keep improving, Eminger and Woywitka are the odd men out when Staal and Sauer return. One of them becoming the 7th. If they make a move for another solid D, they're going to have to demote one of DZ/Erixon to make room for that person on the roster once Staal gets back finally. They're not going to make one of the kids a 7th d-man, for developmental reasons, and if they are playing well, why send them down just to bring in more D as a temporary fill-in?

I'm all for making the d-core as strong as humanly possible, but I don't think the trade is necessary at the moment.
I agree. We all thought our defense would be exposed without Staal, and especially without Staal AND Sauer, but they've done an adequate job (maybe even more than adequate) and everything should be fine when they return. No reason to sink assets into a non-elite d-man.

If we're going after a guy like Suter, THEN it's a different story.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote