Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatidialga View Post
Ask anyone, Toronto had us in the 3rd, OT was a little better
What does Toronto playing better in the 2nd part of the third have anything to do with the idea that the Ice Caps are better than the Jets?

Nothing.

Old
10-19-2011, 09:43 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
The question for the Atlanta Jets fans: Is Wheeler better than he is showing here?
Easily. The real question is rather or not he can reach his real potential.

Old
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffff View Post
Am I missing something??.........someone please explain to me why Kane is playing so little. 11:48 tonight.
It's pretty easy to explain. He's a good player, but he's a LW and right now Burmistrov and Ladd are outplaying him.

Old
Le Golie

vCash: 500
Quote:
I wouldn't go that far, Enstrom isn't exactly playing like an all-star but hopefully he can regain his form, he has been sloppy with the puck this year.
He absolutely needs to regain his form, or at least a shadow of his previous form. Enstrom has had a few bad games this year and has yet to play a good one.

He needs to get better and as much as it bothers some people here when people suggest he needs to pick it up, I bet if you asked Enstrom he'd say the same thing. It's time to get better.

Old
WJG
Running and Rioting

I can't really blame the team for either of Lupul's goals.

The first was an absolutely perfect shot and the second was an Enstrom own goal.

Old
Lemon Lover
Forever in Blueland

Quote:
The question for the Atlanta Jets fans: Is Wheeler better than he is showing here?
He was last year.

Old
10-19-2011, 09:44 PM
stavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headliner View Post
That's two games in row that the Leafs have benefitted from selective officiating in the third period.

Toronto had nothing going....but the refs were ignoring their clutching, grabbing, and interference. They were just waiting for a Jet to mess up. A weak call on Bogosian....and another penalty...and it's 3-3.

If anybody thinks the refs don't get involved in the outcome of a game....watch the Leafs. Especially at the ACC.

So frustrating. The Jets had everything under control.
oh come on komisarek had back to back penalties literally which led to a jets goal... If you are trying to argue that officiating was lopsided, you are definitely mistaken

Old
10-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Solid game, too bad about the late game breakdown but still a good effort from most everybody. Feel like doing a [poor] impersonation of Lynk

Ladd-Little-Wheeler = Ladd and Little are beginning to find their games, both looked real solid out there making plays and working hard. Wheeler had some moments late in the game, a needs to put it together more consistantly
Burmistrov-Antropov-Wellwood = Burmistrov had another solid performance, Antropov looked really good at times, but made two very bad turnovers along the boards, including one late that nearly cost us the point we did get. Wellwood had one nice dangle late in the first, but I did not see him other than that, him and Wheeler were the worst forwards today.
Kane-Scheifele-MacLean = For sure the best line today, Kane was all over the ice throwing hits, skating and making plays. Scheifele and MacLean both seemed to understand that they needed to pick it up and both came through with big games. Scheifele was making better decisions with and without the puck, causing turnovers and of course scored. MacLean drove the net hard, made lots of nice passes, controlled the puck well in corners and was skating better than any game till now.
Glass-Slater-Thorburn = Continued to be very good, Glass worked the corners well and the others continued their hard working ways.

Byfuglien-Enstrom = Enstrom finally starting to come around, he was responsible defensively and of course had the very goal. Unlucky break on the deflection. Byfuglien played well overall, made lots of plays, got a caught a couple of times but we never really paid for it. I like the emotion and passion he brings to the game, even if that means there is mistakes defensively.
Stuart-Bogosian = Looked alright, Stuart was mostly solid defensively and somewhat physical and Bogosian had moments where he made some mistakes(most notably on the Leafs 1st goal) but overall was alright.
Oduya-Meech = Played sparingly, but Oduya looked alright. Seems to have settled after his horrible start the year. Meech looked overmatched early on, but seemed to settle somewhat later and was alright, a huge improvement over Jones that is for sure.

Pavelec = Made some saves and played real well again. There was nothing he could on any of the goals, and he made some great saves late. Solid game.

And blues 10 just .

Old
10-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Hopefully we can get a win tomorrow in Ottawa.

Old
10-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Le Golie

Criticism is not trolling. If some of you can't deal with reading criticism, don't.

Old
10-19-2011, 09:46 PM
BuffsEnough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavs View Post
oh come on komisarek had back to back penalties literally which led to a jets goal... If you are trying to argue that officiating was lopsided, you are definitely mistaken
Agreed. Really think that the penalty on Bogo was crap-but the ref disagreed with me, and it's his call that goes. Calls like that are going to be made-it's hockey. We have to fight through it.

Old
Inverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by headliner View Post
That's two games in row that the Leafs have benefitted from selective officiating in the third period.

Toronto had nothing going....but the refs were ignoring their clutching, grabbing, and interference. They were just waiting for a Jet to mess up. A weak call on Bogosian....and another penalty...and it's 3-3.

If anybody thinks the refs don't get involved in the outcome of a game....watch the Leafs. Especially at the ACC.

So frustrating. The Jets had everything under control.
the leafs and the jets both had 4 penalties each

Old
razorsedge
West Town Sports

One unlucky bounce and the momentum shifted.

The only thing worse then blowing a two goal lead is watching the TSN panelist's creaming themselves talking about Phil Kessel for 10 minutes straight after the game. Did they really need to show ever goal he's scored so far this season? Who wants to bet that tomorrow's top 10 will be the "Kessel's top 10 goals scored as a leaf"?

Look forward to stomping the sens tomorrow night.

Old
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
he is too small but you also have to feel sorry for him i mean he has to clean up Buffs mess most of the time
Yes, this is correct. Noel needs to get him away from Buff. If he could play on his own it could be better. Although it wasn't better the first few games playing without Buff. Buff is a far worst defensive disaster than Enstrom.

Perhaps I am alone but I cringe each time Enstrom is on the ice. He is arguably the most overated Jet .

Time will tell but I still envision (hope) he will be involved in the 1st Jets blockbuster trade.

Burmi and the entire line played well, obviously now the #1 line-
#55 - OK
Wheeler and Little????? what can we do?

Go Jets Go

Old
Sweech
COYS!

This is actually one of the nights where I felt officiating was actually quite good.

Old
10-19-2011, 09:47 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
He absolutely needs to regain his form, or at least a shadow of his previous form. Enstrom has had a few bad games this year and has yet to play a good one.

He needs to get better and as much as it bothers some people here when people suggest he needs to pick it up, I bet if you asked Enstrom he'd say the same thing. It's time to get better.
He did have a pretty darn good game overall, so I'm a little confused by all the hate. Yes, the 2nd goal went off of his stick, but how many other passes did he break up tonight? He won a lot of board battles tonight as well. He still has room to improve obviously.

Byfuglien on the other hand, was almost directly responsible for 3 more goals because of laziness and stupid plays.

Old
10-19-2011, 09:48 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

The officiating was definitely not in favour of the Leafs tonight. Did you all miss the blatant trip on Liles by Stuart in OT that went uncalled?

Old
10-19-2011, 09:50 PM
FBS

vCash: 138
Kane was working his @$$ off all game. He wants to score so bad, just can't get anything set up.

Old
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy View Post
The officiating was definitely not in favour of the Leafs tonight. Did you all miss the blatant trip on Liles by Stuart in OT that went uncalled?
I don't know what those refs were looking at. But at least they let the trip on Burmi go a couple minutes afterwards. It was a two-way street for the most part and the refs let the guys play for the most part.

Old
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
He did have a pretty darn good game overall, so I'm a little confused by all the hate. Yes, the 2nd goal went off of his stick, but how many other passes did he break up tonight? He won a lot of board battles tonight as well. He still has room to improve obviously.

Byfuglien on the other hand, was almost directly responsible for 3 more goals because of laziness and stupid plays.
Specifically, there was a pass that was going to result in pretty sure-fire Kessel goal on (I think) a 2-on-1 that he broke up and even the TSN guys, who were fawning over the Leafs all night, praised him for it.

I really think a lot of people are seeing what they want to see and aren't willing to observe him objectively.

Old
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBS View Post
Kane was working his @$$ off all game. He wants to score so bad, just can't get anything set up.
Yes it was great to see Kane really pumping the legs, he was much more lively and involved today. He's coming around for sure.

Old
10-19-2011, 09:51 PM
kihekah19

Another exciting game (although I was only able to see from the last period). Hang in there Jet fans! The team is closer than it feels right now.

Old
Lazyking
Never Forget

I think the Jets played really well tonight and if the Rook carries it over their is no way you can send him back down to juniors..

I thought all the lines clicked... Wheeler is not playing very good but I think the lines have jelled...

Antro/Burmi are freaking awesome together... Too many bad turnovers by Antro tho.

As for defense, looks okay out there, Bogo is really being physical but still learning... I have love/hate for Buff already because he's awesome on offense but he's not a defenseman..seems their forcing him to be like a Chara or a Pronger but he's so offensive minded that he does nothing but hang is partner out to dry too often.

As for Pavs, I really like the guy but he seems out of control at times...Just an observation. He sucks on shootouts, esp glove side where he was beat twice.

Overall, the two games that I've watched of the Jets, I've really enjoyed and I do think this team CAN be a playoff team.. All kidding aside, I love Noel as coach... seems to really know the pulse of his team.

Need to get Ottawa tomorrow.... They're awful!

Old
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
Yes, this is correct. Noel needs to get him away from Buff. If he could play on his own it could be better. Although it wasn't better the first few games playing without Buff. Buff is a far worst defensive disaster than Enstrom.

Perhaps I am alone but I cringe each time Enstrom is on the ice. He is arguably the most overated Jet .

Time will tell but I still envision (hope) he will be involved in the 1st Jets blockbuster trade.

Burmi and the entire line played well, obviously now the #1 line-
#55 - OK
Wheeler and Little????? what can we do?

Go Jets Go
i will agree with you that Enstrom really hasn't wowed me yet, i will be the first one to admit i never wanted a single Thrashers game from last year, so i really was going off what the Atlanta fans had to say about Enstrom.

Old
10-19-2011, 09:52 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I was pretty impressed with MacLean tonight. I think Noel is trying to find the best way to utilize his skill. Once he does, I think he can contribute on the PP.

Kane was great tonight. I love how he immediately went for the puck after Scheifele scored. Great leadership and class.

Closed Thread