Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

new zach bogosian?

Old
10-19-2011, 09:46 PM
canada eh

vCash: 500
new zach bogosian?

i think hes been looking quite good out there this season, and finally playing to the potential of a 3rd overall pick. Not a superstar or anything, at least not yet, but i think hes definitely on the right path

canada eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 09:49 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Agreed, he has been looking really good out there.

I think he stole Enstrom's skills

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 09:51 PM
Sweech
Kane & The Dane

vCash: 5239
The announcers were talking about it and commented that Bogosian has said Stuarts style of play has rubbed off on him.

When he looks bad it's often because he tries to force a play. With him adding some sandpaper to his game I think it will benefit him and the team greatly.

Sweech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 09:51 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
He was great in the game vs PIT, but he wasn't quite as good tonight. Still, he played good tonight besides a few mistakes and I'm really happy with the progress he's making.

Hopefully he can keep it up.

JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Like many have been saying, the hate on the boards has been drowning out the fact that he is a 21 year old D man that was playing over 20 minutes a game last year.
If he even just takes a baby step this year, and another baby step next year, this guy will be a top pairing D man at 23.

He's made some mistakes, but he has looked pretty solid so far this year.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Le Golie

I've been really impressed with him. His best game was the Pens game but he's been solid all around in most games for sure. He wins his battles, something some of our other dmen haven't been doing.

He's also been turning the puck up ice really nicely too, whether he skates it out or makes a nice pass, he doesn't waste time getting the puck going the right way.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 10:13 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

I too have been impressed with him. I'm encouraged from what I've seen this year, when he makes the simple plays he's golden.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 10:18 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

He's been okay, imo.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 10:21 PM
Sweech
Kane & The Dane

vCash: 5239
Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
He's been okay, imo.
Which is an improvement over last year.

Sweech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 10:23 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

I have been modestly impressed and remain optimistic with his development. Sometimes a player just needs the proper coach to get through to him and maybe Charlie Huddy is that guy. Combine that with another year of maturity and who knows how good he can be before he turns 25.

On the downside, if/when Bogosian does become the player envisioned when he was picked 3rd overall, we as the Jets fan base are going to have to put up with countless trade proposal from fan boys who want to give their spare parts for our under 25 top pairing d-man.

I will relish the fact that the Bogosian haters will have all been proven wrong! Not every player bursts onto the NHL scene like Drew Doughty who by the way is not without some warts in his game too.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 10:49 PM
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
He's been okay, imo.
That's about what I would rate him. On the plus side, he seems to be playing with confidence and is doing a good job of getting his shots through. And my, what a beautiful skater. On the downside, he just doesn't seem to be processing the game very quickly. You compare him to a guy like Enstrom, who seems to immediately identify who is out there on the ice, and makes the appropriate pass, or makes the correct defensive read. He's usually been getting the job done, but it's not always pretty.

I'm confident he'll figure it out. Soon, hopefully.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 10:53 PM
ps241
Get on board Sip :)

Atlanta fans did a good job of setting the bar very low for Zack and based on their unanimous comments about last year he has obviously taken a sizeable step forward "so far" this year.

I like his leadership and will to win. just his body language around the other players shows me he wants it and loves to compete. He and Stuart are by far the most physical D men. He has been pretty patient in his own end and has kept it simple for the most part. on occasion he still makes errors on coverage but that can be said for most D men. The bonus with Zack is he can clear the zone with a tight pass but when push comes to shove he can just get on his horse and carry it out by himself and that is a unique skill. The end to end rush against Pittsburgh was electric especially live. I am a big fan of Zack and hope he continues to grow and develop this year. One of the early season surprises for sure

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 10:55 PM
vivianmb

his penalty tonight killed us. but his overall paly has been decent.he's young, he will get better.

vivianmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 11:02 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Bogo definitely looks better than he did in the 1st half of last year and seems to be improving on his decent second half. He seems to be a force in both ends of the ice more, something that was rare last year, and is hitting a lot more. Usually when he's hitting, you can tell he's in the game mentally and that sure is translating to his improved play this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivianmb View Post
his penalty tonight killed us. but his overall paly has been decent.he's young, he will get better.
Really can't blame that on penalty him though. 70% of the time that goes uncalled.

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 11:04 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Atlanta fans did a good job of setting the bar very low for Zack and based on their unanimous comments about last year he has obviously taken a sizeable step forward "so far" this year.

I like his leadership and will to win. just his body language around the other players shows me he wants it and loves to compete. He and Stuart are by far the most physical D men. He has been pretty patient in his own end and has kept it simple for the most part. on occasion he still makes errors on coverage but that can be said for most D men. The bonus with Zack is he can clear the zone with a tight pass but when push comes to shove he can just get on his horse and carry it out by himself and that is a unique skill. The end to end rush against Pittsburgh was electric especially live. I am a big fan of Zack and hope he continues to grow and develop this year. One of the early season surprises for sure
Yes, and his game is still a work in progress but the upside is still huge and improvements are happening quickly. Huddy working miracles??? I think he can become a Winnipeg icon, when he lifts the cup over his head.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 11:08 PM
vivianmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
Bogo definitely looks better than he did in the 1st half of last year and seems to be improving on his decent second half. He seems to be a force in both ends of the ice more, something that was rare last year, and is hitting a lot more. Usually when he's hitting, you can tell he's in the game mentally and that sure is translating to his improved play this year.

Really can't blame that on penalty him though. 70% of the time that goes uncalled.
it was definitely a penalty. and a dumb one.but i still like the kid.

vivianmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 11:09 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 84
The game against Pittsburgh was his best game in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooonnnnnnnnng time. Tonight wasn't as good but he was dependable from what I saw.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 11:13 PM
sipowicz
The Original

Zach Bogosian's career regressed under Craig Ramsay and his coaching staff last year, in fact Bogo and one of the assistant coaches weren't even on speaking terms towards the end of the season.

The more I hear of Ramsay's coaching, lack of systems etc. it's evident that Noel had a lot of work to do to just get them to this point.

sipowicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 11:22 PM
PostmanPat1919

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
Yes, and his game is still a work in progress but the upside is still huge and improvements are happening quickly. Huddy working miracles??? I think he can become a Winnipeg icon, when he lifts the cup over his head.
I think if Bogosian had scored on that play where he skated up ice from in behind the net, the MTS Centre would have blown its top.

Regardless at the beginning of the season I was basically under the impression that the best we could hope for is to cover our eyes when he had the puck and hope he wasn't a constant defensive liability. During the Pittsburgh game I actually got to the point where I wanted to see him out on the ice and with the puck, because he made the team better when he was playing.

How long until Bogosian challenges to get a spot as an alternate captain?

PostmanPat1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 11:29 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

The replay was heartbreaking, he hit the crossbar about 8-10 inches in. Just a bit lower and it would've went in, this after undressing the whole penguins team.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 11:53 PM
Scoreburn

That rush reminded me of Bobby Orr. Number and all. Unfortunately, he didn't get the goal.

Scoreburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:39 AM
TroubaFan1

He seems to be getting better every game which is a great sign! I even gave him a new nickname after he made that end to end rush and hit it off the post "Bobby" Bogosian lol.

TroubaFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

I've liked most of what I've been seeing from Bogo the last few games. He's been more physical. I hope he can continue to develop and gain confidence.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Roooski

vCash: 125
I will take Bogosian over Bautin anyday!

Roooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 02:29 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooski View Post
I will take Bogosian over Bautin anyday!
How about over Ulanov?

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote