new zach bogosian?

Old
11-01-2011, 02:57 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I echo this. Bogosian is much more dynamic on the point than Byfuglien because he, along with Enstrom, can both either dish it off or blast it on net. It opens up more options plus leaves the opposing PK'ers not knowing what they're going to do. With Byfuglien, you know what to expect and it's pretty easy to cover.

I still say Enstrom and Bogosian on the point with Byfuglien in front of the net. I know Buff doesn't want to play forward, but i'd love to just see it on the PP, at least. I bet it would be pretty damn effective.
x2 on this.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:00 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I would love to see Zach get more opportunities to be the trigger man on the point of the PP (Buff's current spot).

I think he has a cannon of a shot, and so far this year he has been really good at getting it through.
Bogosian will be the #2 defenseman by the end of the year, and you can quote me on that. He makes a lot of smart safe plays, similar to Enstrom. He's been using his size more this year then last and picks his spots well(for the most part), and his shot is on net very often. I feel confident when he shoots that it will get on net and get through. He uses his skating to adjust his angles when taking wristers from the point. Bogosian and Enstrom can essentially be our Weber/Suter combo, obviously on a smaller scale, pun intended.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Bogosian will be the #2 defenseman by the end of the year, and you can quote me on that. He makes a lot of smart safe plays, similar to Enstrom. He's been using his size more this year then last and picks his spots well(for the most part), and his shot is on net very often. I feel confident when he shoots that it will get on net and get through. He uses his skating to adjust his angles when taking wristers from the point. Bogosian and Enstrom can essentially be our Weber/Suter combo, obviously on a smaller scale, pun intended.
Bogosian was great last night. I noticed him making some great plays deep in our zone where we were having trouble earlier this year. He had a great little maneuver in OT (I think) where he spun around a Panthers player and made a nice pass out. I'm growing more confident in him game-by-game. I just hope we start seeing less of his panicky nervous plays that cause turnovers.

11-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Wpgpage

vCash: 500
He has looked better and being paired with Stuart seams to have helped. So far his advanced stats look like this
2011-2012
5on5
TOI: 16:14
QComp: +.001
GFON/60: 2.37
GAON/60: 3.38
Differential: -1.01
2010-2011
TOI : 17:57
QComp: +.024
GFON/60: 1.68
GAON/60: 2.98
Differential: -1.30

Overall solid 5on5 improvement, the team is scoring .7 more goals per 60 while he is on the ice as compared to last year, and only giving up .4 more. Due to the small sample size the early poor play of the team is inflating his GAON/60 so I would expect if he keeps playing this way a sizeable decrease after 20 games played will occur. Finishing the year with a 2.45 GF and a 3.00 GA per 60 would be an excellent.

Wpgpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:47 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Bogosian was great last night. I noticed him making some great plays deep in our zone where we were having trouble earlier this year. He had a great little maneuver in OT (I think) where he spun around a Panthers player and made a nice pass out. I'm growing more confident in him game-by-game. I just hope we start seeing less of his panicky nervous plays that cause turnovers.
I think the more ice time Zack gets in a game the less net errors and panic we will see. I was chatting with a guy who's buddy was involved in the early season fitness testing for the Jets and he mentioned Zack's fitness level (vo2 Max I assume) was off the charts and similar to a world class cyclist.

It sucks to have Toby and Hainsey out of the line up and we need them back as soon as possible but the ever so slender silver lining might be that Zack is now the man and will probably keep getting 30 minutes a game in their absence which could accelerate his development. The more time he gets in key situations the more instinctual it will become and the more it will slow down for him. throw in the fact he has a friendly voice in his ear in coach Huddy chatting to him between shifts and I think this situation could be a force multiplier for Zack's growth.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:55 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I think the more ice time Zack gets in a game the less net errors and panic we will see. I was chatting with a guy who's buddy was involved in the early season fitness testing for the Jets and he mentioned Zack's fitness level (vo2 Max I assume) was off the charts and similar to a world class cyclist.

It sucks to have Toby and Hainsey out of the line up and we need them back as soon as possible but the ever so slender silver lining might be that Zack is now the man and will probably keep getting 30 minutes a game in their absence which could accelerate his development. The more time he gets in key situations the more instinctual it will become and the more it will slow down for him. throw in the fact he has a friendly voice in his ear in coach Huddy chatting to him between shifts and I think this situation could be a force multiplier for Zack's growth.
Doesn't really surprise me. Just seems like he could skate forever. I remember he was at the end of his PP shift and Letang came out of the box fresh and Bogo still beat him in a race for the puck. Guy doesn't ever get enough credit for his skating.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Doesn't really surprise me. Just seems like he could skate forever. I remember he was at the end of his PP shift and Letang came out of the box fresh and Bogo still beat him in a race for the puck. Guy doesn't ever get enough credit for his skating.
I agree, he is an amazing skater.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:33 PM
smokes lets go

vCash: 500
Now we just got to figure out what to do with Byfuglien...

smokes lets go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 06:13 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
The play I saw was earlier in the game, but similar: we were trapped deep for a spell, he started to take it up the boards, and he very smartly put the brakes on, spun towards the middle, and fired an outlet pass cross ice to get us out of our own end. Definitely a nice play. I watched a bunch of Thrasher games in the NHL vault - this probably would not have happened last year - I can understand where the Thrasher fans got their opinion of him, but he seems to be turning it around.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
The play I saw was earlier in the game, but similar: we were trapped deep for a spell, he started to take it up the boards, and he very smartly put the brakes on, spun towards the middle, and fired an outlet pass cross ice to get us out of our own end. Definitely a nice play. I watched a bunch of Thrasher games in the NHL vault - this probably would not have happened last year - I can understand where the Thrasher fans got their opinion of him, but he seems to be turning it around.
Maybe that's the play I'm thinking of. Don't know why I thought OT, haha. I had a smile on my face after it, anyhow.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote