HF Snob Agitator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
His reaction was caught on film

Quote:
Originally Posted by plemur View Post
That's hilarious.

You don't always derp, but when you do, you prefer to herp derp.
roflmao.

I freakin luv u guys

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 03:11 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

I will forgive him if he destroys the Habs tomorrow night!

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 03:26 PM
seemlessglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
the kid has a weird personality... and had a couple weird illness when he was with us... and took awhile to gain the coaches confidence... and then eventually wanted a big payday. over his first few years he had some cold periods.

his one year he stayed mostly healthy and played with a legit center... he ended up with over 40 goals in 82 games. i know this counts his playoff time, but lets be honest... playoff goals count more then regular season goals anyhow

we had our fun the last 2 years getting the high picks so it all ended up good for us. is it time now to forgive him and wish him the best? personally i hold no ill will to ex bruins. i hate that we speak such venom over thornton even to this day. the guy won a freaking mvp award and alot of us still snicker that he had no playoff success. hockey is a team game

so little poll on the night he returns on the hottest run of his career. hes leading the league in scoring and looking every bit the first overall pick he was expected to be most of his draft year. he has gotten stronger... hes outbattling people for the puck now... blowing past them... making his own offense... appearing unstoppable at times

he looks a hell of a lot like ovechkin the way hes playing now

lazer shot... high speed top end skills... drive and determination

so heres the poll
Thornton doesn't deserve the venom of some here. A certain writer had it in for him here along with a stupid GM engineering the worst trade in club history. I wouldn't compare Flaky Phil with Thornton anyday. Phil will be a good player on lousy teams. Whopee.

seemlessglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Wasn't last night fun?

The failure of Kessel in Boston never gets old.

Now if only he goes ointo a 6 week slump like the past 3 years.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:00 PM
MetroOpensDoors

To some degree, all NHL players are mercenaries, and with good cause. They have a tenuous position (professional athlete) and a limited window of time to make as much money as possible. We bestow upon them more noble aspirations, but at heart, they are trying to maximize doing what they love for the most money possible so they don't have to get real jobs like the rest of us.

To that extent, I don't hate any professional athlete who uses the opportunities he has to maximize his payday.

Unfortunately for Kessel his personality, attitude, what have you, left him completely and utterly unable to finesse the fans to the point where any acrimony can be soothed. Most players pay lip service to the home fans, (obviously there are a few who do care about their adopted homes) and come off as sincere, even in the middle of acrimonious contract disputes. Kessel, unfortunately for him, lacked the tact to pull off this act.

And because of this and the fact he got dealt to a bigger more hockey hungry market, he will never escape the deal. And with a Cup, a blossoming Seguin and two prospects who look to be legitimate NHL players in a couple of years, it just looks worse.

As a Bruins fan, I enjoy the schadenfreude of watching him fail and the Bruins succeeding, but it's not personal. It's just business.

MetroOpensDoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:35 PM
C77

Kessel is still a dink. He refused to meet with the media after last night's game.

He pulled that stunt many times in Boston.

For me, it's not sour grapes because I thought he was spoiled and petulant as a Bruin. He only played hard when he felt like it.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:37 PM
patty59

I think it's awesome that he doesn't meet with the media in Boston. They're going to write the same crap about him anyways, why should he give a quote?

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:50 PM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
I think it's awesome that he doesn't meet with the media in Boston. They're going to write the same crap about him anyways, why should he give a quote?
Professionalism....something Phil never displayed in Boston whether it was not meeting with the media, not committing to being in shape, or not competing on a regular basis.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:52 PM
NiKrejci

I enjoy watching Kessel play... the guy has some serious skills. To those saying he didn't improve his game while here ummm he went from 37pts - 60pts in one year. How is that not an improvement? Not every player is going to be Pavel Datsyuk and Ryan Kesler defensively. He just didn't work out here.

NiKrejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:55 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
Professionalism....something Phil never displayed in Boston whether it was not meeting with the media, not committing to being in shape, or not competing on a regular basis.
I agree with you on the last 2, but talking to the media is pretty low on my list of priorities, especially the visiting teams media. Phil is Phil and he's not changing, I don't get on someone for not talking to the media, I think it's kinda funny actually.

Old
10-21-2011, 05:57 PM
NiKrejci

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
Why does he have to talk to the Boston media now that he's a Maple Leaf? I don't know many shy awkward guys(which he is) that would go out of their way to get ridiculed. He definitely has a stress or anxiety disorder going on. I kind of feel bad for the guy.

NiKrejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
I always respect the right of players not to talk to the media post-game, as long as they don't make a habit of it, but Kessel was wearing an "A" on his chest last night, and I can imagine he's been soaking up the praise for his good start. Disappearing after a bad game isn't exactly a stand-up thing to do considering those circumstances.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 06:00 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I always respect the right of players not to talk to the media post-game, as long as they don't make a habit of it, but Kessel was wearing an "A" on his chest last night, and I can imagine he's been soaking up the praise for his good start. Disappearing after a bad game isn't exactly a stand-up thing to do considering those circumstances.
But why should he answer to the Boston media?

Also, Chara has done the same, not as often as Kessel obviously, but he has ducked out after bad games.

Old
10-21-2011, 06:05 PM
nmbr_24

I understand ducking out on the media after things didn't go well, but I admire guys who will stay there and answer tough questions after a bad game.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:15 PM
nORRis8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
They started 6-0-1 last year.

How'd that work out?

:thinks about Dogie on our blueline for a decade:
TSN makes me laff.

When Gustavson makes a big save they say "Big save by the MONSTER!!!!!"

When he lets in a goal he's back to "Gustavson".

nORRis8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Cabin Mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockheed301 View Post
What do I forgive him for? Being a good goal scoring winger and wanting more money than Chia thought he was worth? He didn't do me no wrong and I'm happy to say that he didn't leave without helping the team.
Agree with this. I have nothing against Kessel.

Cabin Mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:28 PM
MaritimeHockeyNut
BRUINSrCHAMPS nextyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltah View Post
If this thread is still open by tomorrow morning, ill eat my shirt
Post pics please... I recommend Franks hot sause.. I put that Sh(beep) on everything... LOL

But hey if it throws kessel off his game... why not. HOME ice advantage baby....

MaritimeHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:45 AM
yohan1212

I feel the fans hold no grudges towards Phil. Last I checked we actually thank him every time he comes to town. We will be thanking him for a ling time. this will be looked at as the trade that makes Boston contenders for many years and keeps Toronto's average team status. Again, thank you kessel!!!!

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote