HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Optimism Thread...

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2011, 10:24 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milltec View Post
If I were to buy a ticket on stub hub an hour before the game how would I receive the ticket and use it to get in? I assume electronically but could you detail it for me?
They email you a PDF file and you just print that off.

Old
10-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
They email you a PDF file and you just print that off.
correct... how low the cost drops can vary, depends on the seller (not all sellers choose the decreasing cost option but those who have listed electronically usally do, it only makes sense if one wants to get something over nothing up to game time).

Old
10-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Frankster25

Jackets are 8th best in the NHL in shots against, giving up 27.5 per game.

We're loosing one goal games. Juice, Wiz, a healthy Carter, youngsters learning the NHL game---we don't need a rebuild, we're close, I don't care what the record is.

(Notice I did not mention goaltending...this is an optimist thread, right?)

Old
10-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

the CBJ won't lose on this day of my birth?

Old
10-20-2011, 12:52 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Its still before Halloween?

Old
10-20-2011, 01:24 PM
5StringBuzz

Hey, we might get Manny Legace!!!

(I'm trying)

Old
10-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Seedtype

I saw this thread title and I've been thinking about it a lot, and I think this is what is giving me optimism right now.
First, our offense has largely been silent and we are only barely losing games. If the second and third line start gelling(and of course healthy Carter and Wiz back) we're gonna start scoring 3 or more. Trust me.
Second, there has been improved play from players with bad starts(Russel is looking a lot better, Brassard is coming back) so surely the others will improve as well, we've seen them play a lot better right?
Third, defense is playing better(ok they had a couple breakdowns the other night and Dallas got lucky on one goal) but we're doing better on shot against stat.
Fourth, some goalies just have bad starts, and Mason does have a new goalie coach, maybe it's just gelling issues there too.
So..... go Jackets! Yay.

Old
10-20-2011, 06:06 PM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedtype View Post
I saw this thread title and I've been thinking about it a lot, and I think this is what is giving me optimism right now.
First, our offense has largely been silent and we are only barely losing games. If the second and third line start gelling(and of course healthy Carter and Wiz back) we're gonna start scoring 3 or more. Trust me.
Second, there has been improved play from players with bad starts(Russel is looking a lot better, Brassard is coming back) so surely the others will improve as well, we've seen them play a lot better right?
Third, defense is playing better(ok they had a couple breakdowns the other night and Dallas got lucky on one goal) but we're doing better on shot against stat.
Fourth, some goalies just have bad starts, and Mason does have a new goalie coach, maybe it's just gelling issues there too.
So..... go Jackets! Yay.
Excellent points. Kinda made me optimistic.

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
Old
10-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5StringBuzz View Post
Hey, we might get Manny Legace!!!

(I'm trying)
I'm very optimistic Howson will get Naby in here, he will come cheap, good for one year to get things under control and frankly a real nice guy!

Old
10-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
after 41 straight losses, my Beer League team finally won it's first game last night.

The CBJ can't be that bad...

They can at least skate.

yes that is me doing the can can
Nice! Love seeing the beer league teams, ours is 2-1 on the season (I've made two of the games, have two goals!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I'm very optimistic Howson will get Naby in here, he will come cheap, good for one year to get things under control and frankly a real nice guy!
I saw Evgeni Nabokov in his first NHL start way back in the day ... after adding Prospal (who I saw score his first two NHL goals), that would definitely be a "small world" moment for me...

Don't know that Evgeni is completely the answer, but I am sure it would help. As far as optimism goes, I'd consider myself one of the most optimistic on the board. I still believe that we can get back into it, but it's going to take a monumental turn around - particularly bringing in a winning philosophy. And hey, I'm even more optimistic that if we don't get into the playoffs, we could wind up with another high draft pick, in this very deep upcoming draft!

Go Jackets - one way or the other

Old
10-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 8353
Many reasons to be optimistic:

1. We get to see NHL hockey in Columbus
2. Nationwide is a fantastic venue
3. The play of our first line: Nash, Cater, and Prospal
4. The youth coming up in the system
5. The deal that is close to being finalized to keep the Jackets in town until 2039
6. In spite of this terrible start there is still lots of hockey to play, with a ton of four point games on the horizon
7. Fellow fans who love hockey as I do, who are willing to stay with the team through thick and thin, many are posters on this board
8. If the team continues to have difficulties on the ice, there will plenty of seats available for me and others to sit in for only $10.
9.. They are our Bluejackets
10 A potentially new scouting staff.
11. An All star game coming to Columbus????
12. Wiz returns next week!

There are many reasons for me to be optimsitic.

Old
10-20-2011, 08:02 PM
CBJCougar

I'm optimistic because we have The Honorable Rick Nash, Candy Ass Carter, The Wiz and Badass Jared Boll and company on our side. That company would include Sir Mark Methot, Fedor The Mighty Russian Tyutin, RJ Not In My House Umberger, King of the Faceoff Antoine Vermette, Derick Brass in Pocket Brassard, and that little scoundrel with a heart of gold, Derek Don't Piss Me Off Dorsett, the King of Ping, Kristian Huselius, Mighty Max Mayorov and the rest of the gang. There ain't no amount of screw up in the front office that will keep them down forever.

(thanks to the people of this board who won't let anyone be down either)

Last edited by CBJCougar: 10-20-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old
10-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Previous years starts.

2007-08 - 8-3-2 (missed playoffs)
2008-09 - 14-16-4 (made playoffs)
2009-10 - 12-6-2 (missed playoffs)
2010-11 - 14-6-0 (missed playoffs)
2011-12 - ?????

Guess which one of those seasons also featured as much roster turnover as this year's team?

Old
10-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Previous years starts.

2007-08 - 8-3-2 (missed playoffs)
2008-09 - 14-16-4 (made playoffs)
2009-10 - 12-6-2 (missed playoffs)
2010-11 - 14-6-0 (missed playoffs)
2011-12 - 0-5-1 (made playoffs)

Guess which one of those seasons also featured as much roster turnover as this year's team?
Remember the thread title....

Old
10-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 8353
I can't speak for all of the fans, but I know that I am not down on this team. Frustrated by their play: YES. Disappointed in their record so far: YES. Bewildered by the lack of effort night in and night out: YES. Tired of all of the excuses: YES.

But I am not down on the team. I am optimistic. We have a chance to win the next game (that is why they play the games). Like many, I vent on these threads but I am hardly down on the team. I look forward to every game and every chance I get I go down to the Arena to cheer on the team

There is a sign located in the Huntington Park Restauant (located in left field) which says something to the effect: You can't have a bad day at a ball game.

The same holds true for the ice rink. You can't have a bad day at a Blue Jackets game. I love going, love watching the game. So to make a long post short:

Yes, I AM optimistic about the team. Things WILL get better.

Old
10-21-2011, 07:53 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

I'm optimistic that sheer desperation will cause Howson to do something ridiculous, like bringing in a highly paid better goalie. Just think, if we were 4 - 4 right now, this wouldn't be an option, and we'd be well on our way to another "wah hoppened" season.

Old
10-22-2011, 12:22 AM
JDC

Your team is catching so many bad breaks.

I hope you guys start doing a lot better, but there is a good side if you continue to have bad breaks. The 2012 prospect pool is pretty deep, especially in defensemen.

Old
10-22-2011, 12:38 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDC View Post
Your team is catching so many bad breaks.

I hope you guys start doing a lot better, but there is a good side if you continue to have bad breaks. The 2012 prospect pool is pretty deep, especially in defensemen.
You could be nice and loan us Rask....

Old
10-22-2011, 02:55 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

York will be agaisnt Sens and Mason later traded... I hope for it.

Old
10-22-2011, 04:07 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
York will be agaisnt Sens and Mason later traded... I hope for it.
This is the optimism thread, not the ridicules thread. It's not Mason.

Anyway, I was encouraged by the 3rd period vs Detroit. We seemed to play alot better, but then again Detroit could have sat back a bit.

Old
10-22-2011, 06:35 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post

Anyway, I was encouraged by the 3rd period vs Detroit. We seemed to play alot better, but then again Detroit could have sat back a bit.
I am optimist that Mason will be traded... and our team play PO...

Old
10-22-2011, 09:59 AM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post

I don't know how you watched that game last night and could conclude that Mason isn't a bunch of the problem.

Old
10-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Xoggz22

Springfield has 3 wins in 6 games. They are at worst....average. woot woot!

Old
10-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Xoggz22

OK....seriously. Columbus has yet to score 3 goals. This team will begin to score some goals and that's when the tide turns. I know most (many?) won't agree but I think Boll adds something to this team and the lack of a full squad coming out of the gate really hurt this team with all the changes in the off season.

I'm going to hold on a little longer and watch how the next two weeks unfold. Wiz is back Tuesday, hopefully Carter next week and Boll shortly after that. Getting Juice back in December will help (yes, I really said that... wow).

I also think Howson pulls the trigger on some defensive help and another goaltender. Whether we want to believe it or not, Mason is not making the big save when needed and remains fragile

Old
10-22-2011, 11:11 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
OK....seriously. Columbus has yet to score 3 goals. This team will begin to score some goals and that's when the tide turns. I know most (many?) won't agree but I think Boll adds something to this team and the lack of a full squad coming out of the gate really hurt this team with all the changes in the off season.

I'm going to hold on a little longer and watch how the next two weeks unfold. Wiz is back Tuesday, hopefully Carter next week and Boll shortly after that. Getting Juice back in December will help (yes, I really said that... wow).

I also think Howson pulls the trigger on some defensive help and another goaltender. Whether we want to believe it or not, Mason is not making the big save when needed and remains fragile
Boll brings more to the team than realized. Right now the job of security is left up to Dorsett, who admirably is stepping up, but last night scared me. Boll also brings something to the locker room and of course, to the energy line. We miss him.

Wiz is back Tuesday and that will create some excitement. I thought Carter brought a lot of energy too. I don't care if Juice comes back or not. Really never saw what anyone else did in him to start with.

Howson can't do anything. He doesn't have enough money. He didn't spend his money wisely and now his cupboards are bare. It really doesn't matter if you put in a big new furnace but can't shut the front door.

So it's up to the guys to pull us out of this, as usual. I'm going to stand beside them. I know they can do it.

Closed Thread