HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Optimism Thread...

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2011, 10:16 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
Boll brings more to the team than realized. Right now the job of security is left up to Dorsett, who admirably is stepping up, but last night scared me. Boll also brings something to the locker room and of course, to the energy line. We miss him.

Wiz is back Tuesday and that will create some excitement. I thought Carter brought a lot of energy too. I don't care if Juice comes back or not. Really never saw what anyone else did in him to start with.

Howson can't do anything. He doesn't have enough money. He didn't spend his money wisely and now his cupboards are bare. It really doesn't matter if you put in a big new furnace but can't shut the front door.

So it's up to the guys to pull us out of this, as usual. I'm going to stand beside them. I know they can do it.
I wrote in in Slovak-Czech board... Boller is important for us he is very good checker and he has full of energy... he is good in the front of the net... I would like to see the line: Mayorov--Johansen--Boll

Old
10-22-2011, 10:19 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I wrote in in Slovak-Czech board... Boller is important for us he is very good checker and he has full of energy... he is good in the front of the net... I would like to see the line: Mayorov--Johansen--Boll
Boll is very good in front of the net. Without clearing the crease, Mason is trying to guard blind. I like Max too. Not really seen enough of Johansen to be impressed but maybe this would be a good line for him.

Old
10-23-2011, 03:38 AM
gocbj

...accuracy not guaranteed, just trusting Google "worst NHL start and made playoffs":

93-94 Sharks started 0-8-1 and made the playoffs

Caps (in 08-09 I think) were 6-14-1 on November 22 and made the playoffs

Oilers made the Finals in 05 after starting 4-15-2

91 Oilers WON THE CUP after starting 2-11-2

Old
10-23-2011, 08:29 AM
Skraut

I was a Wings fan in the early 1980's. This team hasn't sunk so low that it is giving cars away yet.

Old
10-23-2011, 08:41 AM
brianhatesu

Send a message via AIM to brianhatesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocbj View Post
...accuracy not guaranteed, just trusting Google "worst NHL start and made playoffs":

93-94 Sharks started 0-8-1 and made the playoffs

Caps (in 08-09 I think) were 6-14-1 on November 22 and made the playoffs

Oilers made the Finals in 05 after starting 4-15-2

91 Oilers WON THE CUP after starting 2-11-2
The problem with including the 90's teams i that almost every team made the playoffs. There was like 20 teams and 16 made it.

Old
10-23-2011, 09:03 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Our young d-men did not play bad... Johansen played more and iMO he will be play so long the next time.

The Wiz will return in the next game.

All will be O.K. Bad start, great finish

Old
10-23-2011, 10:16 AM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
I was a Wings fan in the early 1980's. This team hasn't sunk so low that it is giving cars away yet.
I'm crossing my fingers they get there soon. First, it'll probably mean a complete cleaning of the upper management positions. Second, I could use a new Gdamn car.

Old
10-23-2011, 10:43 AM
BR217

This team is going to take 4 of the next 5. Wisniewski and Carter coming back is going to give a huge lift. Hopefully York gets a start, Mase needs a break. No goalie should start 8 (9 Tuesday) to open a season...

Old
10-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Byrral

It will be that much sweeter a victory when the CBJ finally get to the promised land.

Old
10-23-2011, 05:24 PM
CBJCougar

I'd like to remind everyone that we are undefeated with Wiz in the lineup!!

Old
10-23-2011, 08:15 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

I have to say, I do not understand so called fans on a certain cbj "FAN" FB page advocating wearing paper bags to the game.

Great way to support your team.

Fan groups like this, we don't need.

I will be there, supporting the team, as always. It's the only way I know how to be a fan. Am I disappointed, yep. Have I lost all hope and enthusiasm for our boys? Heck NO!

Gonna be there SUPPORTING them as they turn this thing around. GAWD, I hope the team knows there are many of us who are still behind them.

As for the proposed bag wearers, what ever happened to "Columbus til I Die"?

Old
10-24-2011, 12:18 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

I feel slightly better. There's at least one more Jacket who can't wait to go out and try to win:

Quote:
#CBJ D James Wisniewski on his return Tuesday vs. #RedWings: "I'm like a pig in ... stuff right now. Can't wait."

Old
10-24-2011, 12:32 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
I have to say, I do not understand so called fans on a certain cbj "FAN" FB page advocating wearing paper bags to the game.

I hear what you are saying. But when it comes to fan empowerment, there are very few options. Social Media complaining will not work. However, not going to games does get the medias and ownerships attention. And secondly, unified protests will also get media attention and embarrass ownership. Losing money and losing games doesnt seem to be enough. So the fans resort to tactics that will embarrass the team nationally. There arent too many more options.

Old
10-24-2011, 12:44 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

At least I can get a third topping on my pizza tonight...

Old
10-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post

I will be there, supporting the team, as always. It's the only way I know how to be a fan. Am I disappointed, yep. Have I lost all hope and enthusiasm for our boys? Heck NO!

Gonna be there SUPPORTING them as they turn this thing around. GAWD, I hope the team knows there are many of us who are still behind them.

As for the proposed bag wearers, what ever happened to "Columbus til I Die"?
They should stick to the Crew, no matter how much they hate Ties.

10-25-2011, 07:10 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

ON THE PLUS SIDE>>>>

I only paid $159 for Center Ice, instead of $1590 for a season ticket.

Old
10-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Pneuma

Wings fan here, raining down some perspective.

This is the most talented Blue Jackets team that you've ever had.

First - You have two 40 goal scorers who aren't even thirty yet and are signed long term. By comparison, the Red Wings have Zetterberg and he hasn't come close to that total since '07-'08. Although, their beards do suck compared Zetterberg's but I won't hold it against them.

Second - You have 6 forwards who have all scored 40 or more points within the last two seasons. Four of which, have scored more more than 60 points in a single season. By comparison, the Red Wings have 7 guys have have scored 40 or more and only two of those have gone over 60 points(I'm sure you can guess who).

Third - You have a freaking Calder trophy winning netminder and he's only 23. By comparison, the Red Wings have Jimmy "the juicy rebound" Howard who is like 38.

Fourth - Your ownership is actually spending money. In fact, your ownership is spending more money than the Red Wings. If that doesn't get you pumped up about your future then you may be a Rangers fan.

Fifth - You have Ryan Johansen. Listed by HF as the fourth best prospect in all of hockey. The Red Wings don't even have a prospect in the top 30.

My point is that for the first time the Blue Jackets have improved their talent immensely and are still are setup for the future. There is too much talent to not turn it around. I look forward to hating Columbus in yet another sport. Buckeyes suck.

Old
10-25-2011, 08:39 AM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pneuma View Post

First - You have two 40 goal scorers who aren't even thirty yet and are signed long term. By comparison, the Red Wings have Zetterberg and he hasn't come close to that total since '07-'08. Although, their beards do suck compared Zetterberg's but I won't hold it against them.

Second - You have 6 forwards who have all scored 40 or more points within the last two seasons. Four of which, have scored more more than 60 points in a single season. By comparison, the Red Wings have 7 guys have have scored 40 or more and only two of those have gone over 60 points(I'm sure you can guess who).

Third - You have a freaking Calder trophy winning netminder and he's only 23. By comparison, the Red Wings have Jimmy "the juicy rebound" Howard who is like 38.

Fourth - Your ownership is actually spending money. In fact, your ownership is spending more money than the Red Wings. If that doesn't get you pumped up about your future then you may be a Rangers fan.

Fifth - You have Ryan Johansen. Listed by HF as the fourth best prospect in all of hockey. The Red Wings don't even have a prospect in the top 30.

My point is that for the first time the Blue Jackets have improved their talent immensely and are still are setup for the future. There is too much talent to not turn it around. I look forward to hating Columbus in yet another sport. Buckeyes suck.
That is what is making this start even more disappointing. We knew coming in we had one of the most talented teams we have ever iced. Then to come out 0-7-1 is such a huge let down.

Old
10-25-2011, 09:07 AM
FreeBoomer61

all i want for Wizmas is a win!

Old
10-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pneuma View Post

So what you are saying is you wouldn't trade the CBJ roster for the Red Wings roster?

Old
10-25-2011, 10:12 AM
CavsandJax21

The one thing I do have some optimism about is Johansen after getting his first career point on Saturday. Hopefully they let him stick around. As frustrating as it can be to watch him miss so many games, I think they do want to bring him along slowly and let him adjust to the speed and physicality of the game at his own pace. Sending him back to juniors would hurt his confidence. If they're going to keep struggling, they should at least give him some shifts with the top players from time to time.

Hopefully Wiz and the return of Boll can give this team the edge and toughness they need to wake themselves up and free up the skill players to keep them from playing so tight.

Old
10-25-2011, 10:45 AM
jacketsgeek
What's that sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshymkiw View Post
That is what is making this start even more disappointing. We knew coming in we had one of the most talented teams we have ever iced. Then to come out 0-7-1 is such a huge let down.
But, as of yet we haven't iced that team...

Old
10-25-2011, 11:11 AM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketsgeek View Post
But, as of yet we haven't iced that team...
Pittsburgh as of yet, hasn't iced their complete team, and they are winning.

Old
10-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Dynheart

Not a Jackets fan, but here's some outside perspective. It could obviously be chemistry when a coach gets new players and he's mixing them up. Missing players, which is part of the game; can't do anything about that. However the most important facet to the game, which most frachises (good teams any way) seem to do nowadays, is to create a system and have the players buy into that system. If there is no chemistry, plus a system the players aren't buying into? I believe you have the current Blue Jackets.

In my opinion, this seems to be a coaching staff issue. They need to get on the ball and get this system, if any (there should be), working; and fast.

As a Wings fan, I can't be rootin' for you tonight, but I sure will be for atleast a win... After that all no remorse hehe (rivals, right?) Seriously, G'luck tonight.

Old
10-25-2011, 02:53 PM
WALLY

I'm firmly believe that even after this team gets their ***** straight and start racking up the wins...

...the "Fire (so and so)" threads will continue.

Closed Thread