HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Calgary Flames 2 - New York Rangers 3 (OT)

Old
10-21-2011, 02:06 AM
goodsauce

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Wrong. The Flames are exactly where most pundits predicted they'll be - dead last in the division and 23rd overall in the standings.

There will be no competing for a playoff spot this year.
You going to make that statement after six games? Really? The nucks only have 1 point on us, are they going to finish 2nd last in the division? You need to wait a little longer before you give basement dweller title to the Flames.

GFG

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:37 AM
FlamingTelepath

vCash: 1383
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Bouwmeester did make a bonehead play on that short handed give away, however I thought he was one of our best players in the 3rd. He was skating very well and got the puck in the offensive zone with consistancy.
I agree in that JBo was pretty good in the offensive end, except for those PPs (where nobody was good). Defensively not that good however and that SHG was downright embarrassing.

I don't know what to make of Karlsson. None of the goals were his fault but he looked somewhat shaky to me. Kipper might have saved that OT goal but whatever, there's no way the Flames would have beaten Lundqvist in the shootout anyway. I'll take the one point and at least it was a consistent effort (again, with the exception of the PPs).

Also, the Oilers managed to deliver an even more epic fail!

FlamingTelepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Flamesfan13

Sarich looks awful out there. He is so slow.

Flamesfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Body Checker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan13 View Post
Sarich looks awful out there. He is so slow.
Agree, sarich needs to sit one out

Also agree with other poster that two weak board plays by Bmo and jaybo cost us a pointl

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 12:45 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotalik Fanboy View Post
So they finally start sticking to their guns and play the backup and people are upset? If HK didn't give us a chance to win most nights he wouldn't be on the team.
You don't play your back up against the best goalie in the league, play him Saturday.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Body Checker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
You don't play your back up against the best goalie in the league, play him Saturday.
Against Pekka Rinne?

We didn't lose because of Karlsson. Kipper probably wouldn't have stopped any of those goals

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:00 PM
NYR Viper

Hey guys, just coming over to say that it was a good game last night and your team looked pretty good. I have always been a big Iginla fan and it still amazes me the guy can raise his game to that next level when he gets angry.

I really like the "team toughness" model you are going with as well. It is commendable as I would much rather see the league go towards that (and I think they are) than needing to carry an enforcer every game.

Anyways, good luck the rest of the way.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:14 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
Against Pekka Rinne?

We didn't lose because of Karlsson. Kipper probably wouldn't have stopped any of those goals
Rinne has not been that good this year. Great go back and look at how the game tuned out and evaluate the decision, the bottom line is it was not a good coaching decision. PP goal was kind of weak, and Karlsson was not tested at all in my opinion.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:17 PM
DBU
Bruinwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
Against Pekka Rinne?

I would expect Kipper to have stopped Prust's goal, but you're right, especially in regards to the OT goal. It would take any goalie a miracle and a half to stop that shot.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:17 PM
flameaholic
FOREVER a Flame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artysmith View Post
You going to make that statement after six games? Really? The nucks only have 1 point on us, are they going to finish 2nd last in the division? You need to wait a little longer before you give basement dweller title to the Flames.
You're comparing Vancouver to Calgary?

We've seen this before with the Flames. It's like watching the same movie over and over again. Guess what? The ending doesn't change.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Xelstyle

I think if we were asked if we could take the option of simply taking a point from the contest, most of us would agree with that idea.

Although, watching the Flames turn into a pile of tar during the game when they really had a chance to keep NYR bottled up is just plain...well I guess we already know at this point.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:29 PM
King Of The North
Iggy2014GoBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Rinne has not been that good this year. Great go back and look at how the game tuned out and evaluate the decision, the bottom line is it was not a good coaching decision. PP goal was kind of weak, and Karlsson was not tested at all in my opinion.
kind of weak is understating it

King Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:35 PM
MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Hey guys, just coming over to say that it was a good game last night and your team looked pretty good. I have always been a big Iginla fan and it still amazes me the guy can raise his game to that next level when he gets angry.

I really like the "team toughness" model you are going with as well. It is commendable as I would much rather see the league go towards that (and I think they are) than needing to carry an enforcer every game.

Anyways, good luck the rest of the way.

Thanks, same to you guys!

MVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:43 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Quote:

We've seen this before with the Flames. It's like watching the same movie over and over again. Guess what? The ending doesn't change.
your basing our season on six games?

SIX games! Chill the **** out. 76 to go

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 02:40 PM
goodsauce

Quote:

If you read my post thoughtfully, you would see I am not saying the Flames are as good as Vancouver, I am saying what separates us right now is one point. All the "experts" you mentioned in your first post had them at the top of the conference. What I am saying is that you cannot look at what the experts say before the season starts, then say they were bang on after only 6 games into an 82 game season. There are ups and downs for every team. This obviously is a down. Remember all of last half of the season last year? That was an up. You will possibly be right, but get back to me at least 20 games in instead of a meager 6.

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote