HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#05 | New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning | Oct 20 | L 1-4

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-20-2011, 08:53 PM
  #251
Islanders1932
Registered User
 
Islanders1932's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,346
vCash: 500
This team needs some life....reasoner and gillies out comeau and Haley in please

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:54 PM
  #252
BaileyToOkposo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
idk if i can blame it all on okposo because nielsen and grabner have been playing like **** also so far this season. If grabner doesnt get that breakout pass he really isnt that effective. He is very very weak. Plus nielsen im used to playing great 2 way hockey and making the nice pass, i dont know where that has been either. Tavares cant do everything isles.

BaileyToOkposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:55 PM
  #253
cjdv16
Registered User
 
cjdv16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Swamp
Country: United States
Posts: 6,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedIsles View Post
This effort is unacceptable...
You said it.

Equally puzzling is Gillies making the trip, no less in the lineup.

For a team that needs goal scorers and the creation of chances, I can't friggin believe that Comeau isn't in the lineup.... especially against those rough and tumble Lightning.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:55 PM
  #254
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!
 
Dutch Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,600
vCash: 1130
Wow there awful.. seriously what the hell happened to that team last week? Staois is the only guy making an effort out there. Mottau sucks, Okposo and Bailey are putrid!!!

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:56 PM
  #255
BaileyToOkposo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
This game really makes you wonder what type of team the islanders really are

BaileyToOkposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:56 PM
  #256
Hip Of Rick
Registered User
 
Hip Of Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,459
vCash: 500
This game and opening night are very reminiscent of the 20 game losing streak type of games. No effort at all

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:56 PM
  #257
13th Floor
Registered User
 
13th Floor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
You said it.

Equally puzzling is Gillies making the trip, no less in the lineup.

For a team that needs goal scorers and the creation of chances, I can't friggin believe that Comeau isn't in the lineup.... especially against those rough and tumble Lightning.
Agreed. Get rid of this clown. This is dumb.

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:57 PM
  #258
islesfan1821
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
i really hope this was due to to the 4 day layoff

islesfan1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:57 PM
  #259
BaileyToOkposo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Wow there awful.. seriously what the hell happened to that team last week? Staois is the only guy making an effort out there. Mottau sucks, Okposo and Bailey are putrid!!!
forgot to add grabner and nielsen. they didnt do anything and really have done nothing so far this year

BaileyToOkposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:00 PM
  #260
Sammy2010*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 709
vCash: 500
Lifeless. If JT doesn't get it done, this team has nothing. So far most of their offense men have been invisible all year.

Sammy2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:01 PM
  #261
Islanders1932
Registered User
 
Islanders1932's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2010 View Post
Lifeless. If JT doesn't get it done, this team has nothing. So far most of their offense men have been invisible all year.
It is easy to be invisible when you are a 20+ goal scorer being sidelined for a goon who brings nothing to the table and will only play 3 minutes anyway

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:05 PM
  #262
Sammy2010*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders1932 View Post
It is easy to be invisible when you are a 20+ goal scorer being sidelined for a goon who brings nothing to the table and will only play 3 minutes anyway

Comeau has a history of disappearing.
What is your excuse for the rest of them?

Sammy2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:10 PM
  #263
Words Of Wisdom
Registered User
 
Words Of Wisdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Long Island.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 500
Wow our Islanders came out with no intensity, Heart, and will to win. Got outplayed on all aspects of the game. Now this can be from the layoff but still show more heart. When J.T doesnt get a point, This team has looked terrible... The other lines need to step up now, or this is going to be a long year...

Words Of Wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:12 PM
  #264
Lek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lek
The big difference I have noticed so far this year is the lack of physical play.
Time to bring Haley up....Gillies down.
Martin to the second line.
Okposo and Haley to the third.
I really don't care who is on the fourth.

Lek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:12 PM
  #265
ziggy7716
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,090
vCash: 500
My Final thoughts..

-On the defense, Mark Eaton and Steve Staios were good, MacDonald didn't have a good game, Streit and Hamonic were neither here or there, and Mottau was just plain awful. Jurcina is on the trip, hopefully he can play Saturday and Mottau can take a seat.

-Tavares had a pretty good game, Moulson and PA were OK too. I thought Okposo had a bad game, I am starting to believe he is going to be nothing more then a 20 goal guy. His inability to finish was pretty evident on that play in the first period.

-Rolston is pretty useless so far, but because of his salary and because he wears the A, he won't sit.

-Trevor Gillies is totally useless and if dresses again over Comeau on Saturday, I have serious issues with Capuano. Comeau shouldn't be singled out, other players have been equally non-existant as Blake so far. Bottom line is he can be physical when he wants and scores, he should be dressed.

-Not blaming Montoya at all, but I am in the camp Nabby is the better goaltender, hopefully he gets the start on Saturday, does well and can maybe run with the number 1.

ziggy7716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:12 PM
  #266
pattyb91
Registered User
 
pattyb91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Merrick, NY
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to pattyb91
awful game, but I think everyone needs to relax....it was one loss after a big lay-off, on the teams first road game...if tonights play carries over into the next few games then we can start to worry.

pattyb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:13 PM
  #267
ares89
Registered User
 
ares89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
awful game, too many turnovers and most battles on the boards lost

ares89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:14 PM
  #268
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang
 
IslesFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabisles View Post
Rolston is probably playing hurt or he is really bad and done
He has been terrible. They were ALL terrible tonight.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:19 PM
  #269
Words Of Wisdom
Registered User
 
Words Of Wisdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Long Island.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy7716 View Post
My Final thoughts..

-On the defense, Mark Eaton and Steve Staios were good, MacDonald didn't have a good game, Streit and Hamonic were neither here or there, and Mottau was just plain awful. Jurcina is on the trip, hopefully he can play Saturday and Mottau can take a seat.

-Tavares had a pretty good game, Moulson and PA were OK too. I thought Okposo had a bad game, I am starting to believe he is going to be nothing more then a 20 goal guy. His inability to finish was pretty evident on that play in the first period.

-Rolston is pretty useless so far, but because of his salary and because he wears the A, he won't sit.

-Trevor Gillies is totally useless and if dresses again over Comeau on Saturday, I have serious issues with Capuano. Comeau shouldn't be singled out, other players have been equally non-existant as Blake so far. Bottom line is he can be physical when he wants and scores, he should be dressed.

-Not blaming Montoya at all, but I am in the camp Nabby is the better goaltender, hopefully he gets the start on Saturday, does well and can maybe run with the number 1.
Agree with most of this, and i do wonder if Nabokov is the better choice than Montoya. But im unsure of this. Montoya has been Great so far. He wasnt so sharp tonight, but most of those goals were very hard to stop and the team really had no chance or will to win tonight as a whole.

Words Of Wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:28 PM
  #270
ziggy7716
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavares 91 4eva View Post
Agree with most of this, and i do wonder if Nabokov is the better choice than Montoya. But im unsure of this. Montoya has been Great so far. He wasnt so sharp tonight, but most of those goals were very hard to stop and the team really had no chance or will to win tonight as a whole.
Oh I agree, Montoya didn't get much help, and I really don't blame him for tonight, I just feel Nabokov is the better goaltender. I feel alot of us have been enamored by Montoya thus far this season, but in reality he's played 4 out of the 5 games, Nabokov played 1 and looked pretty damn good. He let up a breakaway goal, and the other was off the skate of our own guy. I think once Nabby plays more he will prove he is the number 1.

ziggy7716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:29 PM
  #271
Mr Islander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 953
vCash: 500
Tampa did a really impressive job of limiting the Islander's shots, give their coach credit for their game plan and preparation.

Isles got lucky with a lot of posts against them, score could have been much worse.

Still believe that it will take more games to get a better read on this team.

One good thing was no injuries again.

Really do not understand dressing Gillies/Martin over Comeau.

Did not watch third period.

Mr Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:30 PM
  #272
Isles Enforcer
Registered User
 
Isles Enforcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,861
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Not for nothing but having Trevor Gillies in the lineup isn't why the team lost. And for all the flamers out there, inserting Comeau in for Gillies wouldn't have changed the outcome either so save it.

Theres obviously bigger fish to fry here.

Isles Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:32 PM
  #273
Symon Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Gillies played 2 minutes. This gave the other forwards more ice and they sucked. Gillies is not the problem. Okposo Bailey Rolston all need to sit soon

Symon Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:33 PM
  #274
BaileyToOkposo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
Not for nothing but having Trevor Gillies in the lineup isn't why the team lost. And for all the flamers out there, inserting Comeau in for Gillies wouldn't have changed the outcome either so save it.

Theres obviously bigger fish to fry here.
your right but there is no point at all for gillies to be in the lineup. Plus you never know, we all have seen comeau add spark hes just very inconsistent

BaileyToOkposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:36 PM
  #275
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky
 
KingLio21093's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,830
vCash: 500
Pretty terrible game overall. Players that stood out to me were Tavares, Eaton and Staios. That's it. Grabner played OK, good to see him at least getting a goal. Poor effort overall from most of the team. I thought Montoya looked a little rattled. Maybe it's because he hasn't played in a week exact.

I honestly hope this dreadful game was because of the rust from being off for 4 days. Either way, we have a lot of work to do. Tavares can't do it alone.


Last edited by KingLio21093: 10-20-2011 at 09:56 PM.
KingLio21093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.