HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#05 | New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning | Oct 20 | L 1-4

Old
10-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Islanders1932

vCash: 500
This team needs some life....reasoner and gillies out comeau and Haley in please

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:54 PM
BaileyToOkposo

idk if i can blame it all on okposo because nielsen and grabner have been playing like **** also so far this season. If grabner doesnt get that breakout pass he really isnt that effective. He is very very weak. Plus nielsen im used to playing great 2 way hockey and making the nice pass, i dont know where that has been either. Tavares cant do everything isles.

BaileyToOkposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:55 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedIsles View Post
This effort is unacceptable...
You said it.

Equally puzzling is Gillies making the trip, no less in the lineup.

For a team that needs goal scorers and the creation of chances, I can't friggin believe that Comeau isn't in the lineup.... especially against those rough and tumble Lightning.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Wow there awful.. seriously what the hell happened to that team last week? Staois is the only guy making an effort out there. Mottau sucks, Okposo and Bailey are putrid!!!

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:56 PM
BaileyToOkposo

This game really makes you wonder what type of team the islanders really are

Old
Hip Of Rick

This game and opening night are very reminiscent of the 20 game losing streak type of games. No effort at all

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
13th Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
You said it.

Equally puzzling is Gillies making the trip, no less in the lineup.

For a team that needs goal scorers and the creation of chances, I can't friggin believe that Comeau isn't in the lineup.... especially against those rough and tumble Lightning.
Agreed. Get rid of this clown. This is dumb.

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:57 PM
islesfan1821

i really hope this was due to to the 4 day layoff

islesfan1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:57 PM
BaileyToOkposo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Wow there awful.. seriously what the hell happened to that team last week? Staois is the only guy making an effort out there. Mottau sucks, Okposo and Bailey are putrid!!!
forgot to add grabner and nielsen. they didnt do anything and really have done nothing so far this year

Old
10-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Sammy2010*

Lifeless. If JT doesn't get it done, this team has nothing. So far most of their offense men have been invisible all year.

Sammy2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Islanders1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2010 View Post
Lifeless. If JT doesn't get it done, this team has nothing. So far most of their offense men have been invisible all year.
It is easy to be invisible when you are a 20+ goal scorer being sidelined for a goon who brings nothing to the table and will only play 3 minutes anyway

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Sammy2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders1932 View Post
It is easy to be invisible when you are a 20+ goal scorer being sidelined for a goon who brings nothing to the table and will only play 3 minutes anyway

Comeau has a history of disappearing.
What is your excuse for the rest of them?

Sammy2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Words Of Wisdom

Wow our Islanders came out with no intensity, Heart, and will to win. Got outplayed on all aspects of the game. Now this can be from the layoff but still show more heart. When J.T doesnt get a point, This team has looked terrible... The other lines need to step up now, or this is going to be a long year...

Words Of Wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Lek

Send a message via AIM to Lek
The big difference I have noticed so far this year is the lack of physical play.
Time to bring Haley up....Gillies down.
Martin to the second line.
Okposo and Haley to the third.
I really don't care who is on the fourth.

Lek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ziggy7716

My Final thoughts..

-On the defense, Mark Eaton and Steve Staios were good, MacDonald didn't have a good game, Streit and Hamonic were neither here or there, and Mottau was just plain awful. Jurcina is on the trip, hopefully he can play Saturday and Mottau can take a seat.

-Tavares had a pretty good game, Moulson and PA were OK too. I thought Okposo had a bad game, I am starting to believe he is going to be nothing more then a 20 goal guy. His inability to finish was pretty evident on that play in the first period.

-Rolston is pretty useless so far, but because of his salary and because he wears the A, he won't sit.

-Trevor Gillies is totally useless and if dresses again over Comeau on Saturday, I have serious issues with Capuano. Comeau shouldn't be singled out, other players have been equally non-existant as Blake so far. Bottom line is he can be physical when he wants and scores, he should be dressed.

-Not blaming Montoya at all, but I am in the camp Nabby is the better goaltender, hopefully he gets the start on Saturday, does well and can maybe run with the number 1.

ziggy7716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pattyb91

Send a message via AIM to pattyb91
awful game, but I think everyone needs to relax....it was one loss after a big lay-off, on the teams first road game...if tonights play carries over into the next few games then we can start to worry.

pattyb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:13 PM
ares89

awful game, too many turnovers and most battles on the boards lost

ares89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:14 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabisles View Post
Rolston is probably playing hurt or he is really bad and done
He has been terrible. They were ALL terrible tonight.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:19 PM
Words Of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy7716 View Post
My Final thoughts..

-On the defense, Mark Eaton and Steve Staios were good, MacDonald didn't have a good game, Streit and Hamonic were neither here or there, and Mottau was just plain awful. Jurcina is on the trip, hopefully he can play Saturday and Mottau can take a seat.

-Tavares had a pretty good game, Moulson and PA were OK too. I thought Okposo had a bad game, I am starting to believe he is going to be nothing more then a 20 goal guy. His inability to finish was pretty evident on that play in the first period.

-Rolston is pretty useless so far, but because of his salary and because he wears the A, he won't sit.

-Trevor Gillies is totally useless and if dresses again over Comeau on Saturday, I have serious issues with Capuano. Comeau shouldn't be singled out, other players have been equally non-existant as Blake so far. Bottom line is he can be physical when he wants and scores, he should be dressed.

-Not blaming Montoya at all, but I am in the camp Nabby is the better goaltender, hopefully he gets the start on Saturday, does well and can maybe run with the number 1.
Agree with most of this, and i do wonder if Nabokov is the better choice than Montoya. But im unsure of this. Montoya has been Great so far. He wasnt so sharp tonight, but most of those goals were very hard to stop and the team really had no chance or will to win tonight as a whole.

Words Of Wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:28 PM
ziggy7716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavares 91 4eva View Post
Agree with most of this, and i do wonder if Nabokov is the better choice than Montoya. But im unsure of this. Montoya has been Great so far. He wasnt so sharp tonight, but most of those goals were very hard to stop and the team really had no chance or will to win tonight as a whole.
Oh I agree, Montoya didn't get much help, and I really don't blame him for tonight, I just feel Nabokov is the better goaltender. I feel alot of us have been enamored by Montoya thus far this season, but in reality he's played 4 out of the 5 games, Nabokov played 1 and looked pretty damn good. He let up a breakaway goal, and the other was off the skate of our own guy. I think once Nabby plays more he will prove he is the number 1.

ziggy7716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Mr Islander

Tampa did a really impressive job of limiting the Islander's shots, give their coach credit for their game plan and preparation.

Isles got lucky with a lot of posts against them, score could have been much worse.

Still believe that it will take more games to get a better read on this team.

One good thing was no injuries again.

Really do not understand dressing Gillies/Martin over Comeau.

Did not watch third period.

Mr Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Not for nothing but having Trevor Gillies in the lineup isn't why the team lost. And for all the flamers out there, inserting Comeau in for Gillies wouldn't have changed the outcome either so save it.

Theres obviously bigger fish to fry here.

Isles Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Symon Asher

Gillies played 2 minutes. This gave the other forwards more ice and they sucked. Gillies is not the problem. Okposo Bailey Rolston all need to sit soon

Symon Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:33 PM
BaileyToOkposo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
Not for nothing but having Trevor Gillies in the lineup isn't why the team lost. And for all the flamers out there, inserting Comeau in for Gillies wouldn't have changed the outcome either so save it.

Theres obviously bigger fish to fry here.
your right but there is no point at all for gillies to be in the lineup. Plus you never know, we all have seen comeau add spark hes just very inconsistent

Old
10-20-2011, 09:36 PM
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky

Pretty terrible game overall. Players that stood out to me were Tavares, Eaton and Staios. That's it. Grabner played OK, good to see him at least getting a goal. Poor effort overall from most of the team. I thought Montoya looked a little rattled. Maybe it's because he hasn't played in a week exact.

I honestly hope this dreadful game was because of the rust from being off for 4 days. Either way, we have a lot of work to do. Tavares can't do it alone.

Last edited by KingLio21093: 10-20-2011 at 09:56 PM.
KingLio21093 is offline   Reply With Quote