HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

#05 | New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning | Oct 20 | L 1-4

Old
10-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Law

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Law
Expecting a real tough game tonight. Too much talent on that TB roster for them to sleepwalk much longer, they've got to snap out of it sometime, right?

I'm guessing Montoya gets the nod tonight, but haven't heard anything yet (updates welcome if something has been mentioned elsewhere).
EDIT: xECK29x, thx for the update, Inigo btwn the pipes this evening.
Would love to see the secondary scoring (Gremlin, KO, etc) join the party. Great that our first line is scorching, but we can't rely on them to carry the load every night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sweetener View Post
seriously, i cant get over the quality of these game day threads.

law, you got some talent man.
Gracias.

Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 10:36 AM
ziggy7716

Comeau a healthy scratch again in favor of Gillies. I really can not believe this. I know Comeau is off to a slow start, but he really had to have done something to piss of Cappy to be scratched 2 games in a row. I don't want to read to much into things here but I wonder if these means Blake is going to be shipped off soon?

ziggy7716 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 10:46 AM
hogtownhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
Montoya gets the start as per Arthur Staple and Cappy
I know that was for everyone, but thanks!

hogtownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy7716 View Post
Comeau a healthy scratch again in favor of Gillies. I really can not believe this. I know Comeau is off to a slow start, but he really had to have done something to piss of Cappy to be scratched 2 games in a row. I don't want to read to much into things here but I wonder if these means Blake is going to be shipped off soon?
I'm not sure if it's that or that he really is the only option to be scratched which is kinda sad. This Isles team this year can't even scratch anyone on the 4th line because they are too intergral to the PK(Pandolfo/Reasoner) or brings too much grit and energy(Martin) so your stuck just scratching the player that's most disapointing which is Comeau. As much as I don't want Gillies in the lineup even I have to admit I noticed a chance in how physical the Rags were with him in the lineup compared to before when he wasn't.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Law

Send a message via AIM to Law
Make sure to check out the Lightning GDT, TheDaysOf 04 puts a lot of effort into it and does a solid job, definitely one of the better ones on the boards.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1009699

Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
Montoya gets the start as per Arthur Staple and Cappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Comeau apparently scratched again? What is going on here?
Thx for the info, both updated in the OP.

Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Martin-Bailey-Rolston? Martin def deserves the bump the the 3rd line. Comeau could be on his way out, or just the player playing the worst and he's the odd man out for Gillies this year. We actually have a solid 4th line this year so it's not like we can just scratch one of them. Pandolfo and Reasoner are too important right now (on the defensive side obviously)

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 11:19 AM
the sweetener

surprised to see comeau scratched again. maybe he shouldnt be saying in interviews that he doesnt know why he was scratched.

interesting gillies is in. wonder if hes gonna try and have a go w/ hedman

the sweetener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 11:19 AM
jdr016

Garon has great career numbers against the Islanders.

jdr016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Mr Wentworth
Isles Masochist

I'm assuming Blake is out to put in Gillies.

If not Blake, then who? (That is if Gillies needs to be and should be in the line up.)

Mr Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 11:38 AM
thedonger

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sweetener View Post
surprised to see comeau scratched again. maybe he shouldnt be saying in interviews that he doesnt know why he was scratched.

interesting gillies is in. wonder if hes gonna try and have a go w/ hedman
i think this is the reason gillies has been inserted in place of comeau, similar to the rags game. i'm sure cappy and the staff remembered the liberties hedman took with jt the last game and doesn't want to see that happen again...comeau i think just happens to be the odd man out for reasons already stated.

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 11:39 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

This has letdown written all over it. Lots of things working against the Isles:

Tampa has sucked this season. Motivated to make us pay for the blowout the other night.

The Islanders have 4 days off since their last game.

Al going a week without game action going up against Stamkos, etc.

Post Ranger Hangover Theory.

Prove me wrong, boys.

The Isles should be able to feast on this defense and blow these guys out, but you know how these games go.

If I have effectively "raised the bar" as a fan, than I EXPECT to win this game. But, I am not overly convinced this young season is what well see over the duration, so I have to continue to expect the worst and hope for the best. If we can get through this Florida trip strong, than I'll officially be on the Cup bandwagon

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 11:42 AM
PhysicalGraffiti
Hates Stevie Y

I will be there! Can't wait, I'm excited to see the new look team.

I wish we had a Gillies, Martin, Haley line. But Tampa doesn't have many fighters for that.

Roli got pummeled last game, so no suprise seeing Garon get the start. I was hoping I would see Nabby get the start for us, but see Al is in.

Think we shouldn't have too much trouble, as the Bolts are reeling lately. I don't see them ending their losing against us with they way we are playing.

Love getting to see my two favorite teams play each other. Hope it's a good game, but of course am pulling for the Isles.

I wanna see Gillies get a goal!

PhysicalGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 11:46 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

BTW, I think the fate has been sealed for Comeau. It has to be something more with Capuano. He has made it a point to show that those who play well will play for this team. Two healthy scratches for Comeau in teh early season?

I'd say Nino takes his spot and he's traded. See ya. No more laziness accepted on this roster.

Bailey, you're next. Work as hard as you can and nobody will say anything. Coast and you're next on the **** list pal.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Words Of Wisdom

Hi Everybody, Long time viewer Here. Very excited for this game tonight. Tampa Bay has bad defense So we should be able to score some goals tonight! Hopefully Montoya stays Hot because Tampa is going to come out flying Tonight. But we will need more scoring from more than our first line. Should be a good one, Lets Go Isles!!

Words Of Wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:00 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesBeBack View Post
BTW, I think the fate has been sealed for Comeau. It has to be something more with Capuano. He has made it a point to show that those who play well will play for this team. Two healthy scratches for Comeau in teh early season?

I'd say Nino takes his spot and he's traded. See ya. No more laziness accepted on this roster.

Bailey, you're next. Work as hard as you can and nobody will say anything. Coast and you're next on the **** list pal.
The fact that Comeau is a healthy scratch for the 2nd time in a row, you may be right. We do have a bit of a logjam at forward and Nino has yet to play a game. I'm sure Comeau has trade value.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Noreaster96

Quote:

Tampa has sucked this season. Motivated to make us pay for the blowout the other night.

Prove me wrong, boys.

The Isles should be able to feast on this defense and blow these guys out, but you know how these games go.

If I have effectively "raised the bar" as a fan, than I EXPECT to win this game. But, I am not overly convinced this young season is what well see over the duration, so I have to continue to expect the worst and hope for the best. If we can get through this Florida trip strong, than I'll officially be on the Cup bandwagon
I would think the 4 day break would cancel out the Ranger hangover effect

Noreaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
The fact that Comeau is a healthy scratch for the 2nd time in a row, you may be right. We do have a bit of a logjam at forward and Nino has yet to play a game. I'm sure Comeau has trade value.
I think you guys are right this whole situation does not bode well for Comeau's future on this team.. There were rumors of him being shopped for a D-man in the offseason but if nothing's close than why sit him? If he's staying this season thats 20 goals coming from the third line wouldn't you want to try and jump start his slow start?.. I don't really know what to make of it, maybe Cappy just wanted to have Gillies in against the Rags and rematch of Tampa for some grit.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:13 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnpike Terrors View Post
I think you guys are right this whole situation does not bode well for Comeau's future on this team.. There were rumors of him being shopped for a D-man in the offseason but if nothing's close than why sit him? If he's staying this season thats 20 goals coming from the third line wouldn't you want to try and jump start his slow start?.. I don't really know what to make of it, maybe Cappy just wanted to have Gillies in against the Rags and rematch of Tampa for some grit.
One time is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, and a third time... interested to see when Blake is back in the lineup.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:18 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Comeau has had this problem going back to the Nolan days. Not sure what it is, but he obviously is in the doghouse. I trust the decision of scratching him.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavares 91 4eva View Post
Hi Everybody, Long time viewer Here. Very excited for this game tonight. Tampa Bay has bad defense So we should be able to score some goals tonight! Hopefully Montoya stays Hot because Tampa is going to come out flying Tonight. But we will need more scoring from more than our first line. Should be a good one, Lets Go Isles!!
Welcome to the board pal! And yes, lets hope we can rock this rag-tag defense of theirs. I think Grabner may get it going this game, just a hunch though.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Wedregast

Quote:

I think your spot on. You'd probably see a team like Colombus as a good trading partner

Wedregast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedregast View Post
I think your spot on. You'd probably see a team like Colombus as a good trading partner
Comeau for Martinek

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnpike Terrors View Post
Comeau for Martinek
Poor Radek, he's gone from this team just as they are turning it around to the Jackets who couldn't buy a win.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Hipietro

I'm hoping this isn't going to be the typical Islanders we've all gotten used to the last few seasons. Like the poster said a few posts above me, post Ranger win, 4 days off, very good Tampa team all leads to a bad loss. Hopefully this team is different.

Hipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:51 PM
jdr016

Quote:

Prove me wrong, boys.
This. Considering the variables, I would be happy with a split on this Florida trip.

jdr016 is offline   Reply With Quote