Notices

Matt Bartkowski Assigned to Prov.

Old
10-20-2011, 02:21 PM
XtremeofParanoia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
I've got a twist for this sesason, why don't we insert Shane Hnidy, the sheriff..
The Sox are already trying to stir things up at the vacant managerial position by inserting Shane Hnidy... the sheriff.

Also, thank you PC. Hopefully we don't see Bart back in a spoked-B this season.

XtremeofParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry View Post
Wow, could not agree more.

Someone mentioned Mcabe in this thread. I wonder what kind of condition he's in and what kind of $?
That was me, and I put a sarcasm smiley, but I would take him for depth at short money, if he's in shape and agrees to be #7. He can't be worse than Bartkowski was. Bart clearly needs more time in the A.

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
can we end that here and now...... It was gracious of the Winnipeg Jets/Atlanta Thrashers organization to allow Hnidy on his day off, no less, to attend the Banner raising.....
You must not listen to 98.5

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Marc Savard
06/15/2011. x3

I liked what I saw from Stevie K last season, lets hope he can add up to that and deliver a strong game tonite. We need him to

Marc Savard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Shaun

Seems to be in game shape.

Old
10-20-2011, 02:51 PM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBruin View Post
That was me, and I put a sarcasm smiley, but I would take him for depth at short money, if he's in shape and agrees to be #7. He can't be worse than Bartkowski was. Bart clearly needs more time in the A.
What about pulling Craig Rivet out of the ECHL and giving him a $500,000 contract to be a #7?

EDIT: Oh yeah. Because it's Craig Rivet.

Last edited by XtremeofParanoia: 10-20-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old
10-20-2011, 02:51 PM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Seems to be in game shape.

Im SO dizzy now..

LoneWolf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 02:58 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
You must not listen to 98.5
unless you want to put Bob Beers in as your depth D-Man, instead of being your radio analyst alongside Goucher, Cross, Hnidy's return is as equivalent to tht infamous Rick Pitino quote when he was w/ the Celtics:

"Larry Bird is not walking through tht door, Robert Parish is not walking through tht door, Kevin McHale is not walking through tht door" or in this case skating through tht door.

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
unless you want to put Bob Beers in as your depth D-Man, instead of being your radio analyst alongside Goucher, Cross, Hnidy's return is as equivalent to tht infamous Rick Pitino quote when he was w/ the Celtics:

"Larry Bird is not walking through tht door, Robert Parish is not walking through tht door, Kevin McHale is not walking through tht door" or in this case skating through tht door.
Lol. On 98.5 someone called in and said the only way to fix the Red Sox was to insert Sheriff Shane Hnidy ito the lineup. Thats why it was said here in the thread.

Old
10-20-2011, 03:06 PM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
Lol. On 98.5 someone called in and said the only way to fix the Red Sox was to insert Sheriff Shane Hnidy ito the lineup. Thats why it was said here in the thread.
Actually, I think it started after Game 2 of the SCF. Some guy genuinely wanted Hnidy to stir the pot. Since then its gained a life of its own.

Old
10-20-2011, 03:11 PM
BamBamCam

I think PC is waiting to see what Kamper can do. If he can't cut it look
for McCabe to be signed by the Bruins. Its seems there not to many
Dmen available right now.

BamBamCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
This is good news.

Bart's struggling here but should really help solidify the Providence defense.

And I think Kampfer's puck moving will help our sputtering offense.

I hope you are right here Bill. I still have concerns about Kampfer.

Bartkowski is needed in Providence.

Last edited by Alan Ryan: 10-20-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 04:43 PM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

Hopefully hes there for the rest of the year

13Hockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
Gotta say...the guy doesn't have to be much more than a bottom pairing guy to fit in. I would take a look at McCabe just to make sure there's depth there.

Can McCabe still play a decent game? I haven't heard much about him lately and the fact that nobody has picked him up is concerning.

He certainly has the size, skill, snarl and experience that could help the Bruins if he has anything left.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:11 PM
GoBs

Bring up Warsofsky!

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
[/B]

Can McCabe still play a decent game? I haven't heard much about him lately and the fact that nobody has picked him up is concerning.

He certainly has the size, skill, snarl and experience that could help the Bruins if he has anything left.
He's certainly no great shakes, but if he would rather take short money than rot on the trash heap, he'd certainly be an upgrade over the Bartman. I think people are gunshy over him more because he didn't play anywhere near his cap hit than anything else. Get him in at $1m or less and see if the dog can still hunt? I dunno.

I'm just not sure what other options are out there. I don't exactly see us swinging a deal for Yandle or Suter any time soon.

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:54 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Agreed and I don`t think that`s a knock against Bart, as simple as it would appear to us for someone to easily fit alongside of player A,B or C, it just isn`t that way. Look at the players who CJ tried to fit along Savvy, not everyone is comfortable playing alongside various players for some reason.

And, Bart, plain and simple is a still young defenseman who needs time to develop, hardly a bust
This.

I thought maybe Bart was ready to take the step, but it became even more apparent than it already was (after watching Kampf last night) that he needs to spend some more time in the A.

I still think the kid can make it in the NHL, but he needs to refine/improve his game. I think I put too much stock in his preseason performances the last two years?

It happens.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:00 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
this call up had Alexandrov all over it - but they chose to let him go home....

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:04 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
This.

I thought maybe Bart was ready to take the step, but it became even more apparent than it already was (after watching Kampf last night) that he needs to spend some more time in the A.

I still think the kid can make it in the NHL, but he needs to refine/improve his game. I think I put too much stock in his preseason performances the last two years?

It happens.
It sure does, just as I put too much stock in being completely unimpressed by a larger sample size with Marchand a few years back. I thought he looked lost, thought he had no clue how to play the NHL game. I don`t need to tell you how full I was with the buffet`s worth of crow I ate last year

I don`t know your age Glory, something tells me your not 19 based on your many posts and references to names/times gone by, but for some of our younger fans here, there was a time when a prospect/pick was actually expected to be a 3-5 year project and they were treated as such. Nowadays, seems that some deem a player a bust if they can`t challenge for Rook of the year or the scoring title after year 2

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:07 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
This.

It happens.
To look at local examples, both McQuaid and Boychuk spent significant time in the AHL before cracking the Bruins lineup. With young defensemen, that's more the norm than the exception; IMHO some people tend to think someone's a bust if he struggles at this level. Kids like Bartkowski are going to take a while.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:11 AM
rocketdan9

except for one bad giveaway in our own end, Kampfer was excellent tonight. Kid moves the puck fast and effectively. His skating speed is refreshing to see in the back end

I personally like Kampfer better than Boychuck.

Kampfer though seems injury prone thus far in his short career

rocketdan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:13 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
this call up had Alexandrov all over it - but they chose to let him go home....

If by this you meant that we could have called up a d-man that would have been as equally unimpressive as Bartkowski was...I agree.

I had high hopes for Yuri, but I saw him a fair amount in PRO, and did not see much. Hopefully, he improves and comes back for another try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
It sure does, just as I put too much stock in being completely unimpressed by a larger sample size with Marchand a few years back. I thought he looked lost, thought he had no clue how to play the NHL game. I don`t need to tell you how full I was with the buffet`s worth of crow I ate last year

I don`t know your age Glory, something tells me your not 19 based on your many posts and references to names/times gone by, but for some of our younger fans here, there was a time when a prospect/pick was actually expected to be a 3-5 year project and they were treated as such. Nowadays, seems that some deem a player a bust if they can`t challenge for Rook of the year or the scoring title after year 2
Unfortunately, I am 45 , old enough to remember the days when 18 and 19 year olds that made it were much rarer. Also, it has always seemed to take longer for the d-men to mature and find their game. Even a guy like Chara is an example of that.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:16 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
If by this you meant that we could have called up a d-man that would have been as equally unimpressive as Bartkowski was...I agree.

I had high hopes for Yuri, but I saw him a fair amount in PRO, and did not see much. Hopefully, he improves and comes back for another try.

Unfortunately, I am 45 , old enough to remember the days when 18 and 19 year olds that made it were much rarer. Also, it has always seemed to take longer for the d-men to mature and find their game. Even a guy like Chara is an example of that.
Haha, ya got me by 4 years, and I remember those days too, it was the rarity when a kid made the step right into the league. I recently heard when the discussion of raising the draft age to 19 was being discussed, that less than 6% of 18 year olds play even the 10 game stint they are allowed before a decision is made.

I am all for slow and calculated dev`p of a kid, especially when a team is in the position to do so such as the Bruins are.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote