HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This better be the last of Jacques...[but we know it won't be]

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Gary320

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
It would have been 3-1.

Price made some fantastic saves last night so I dont think that would have changed with Crosby or Malkin in.

And, Crosby or Malkin being in the game would not have boosted our goal production. So, 3-1. Same result and still a loss.

The more I see Martin supporters (even the fire Martin bandwagoners) say that Roy would be a bad fit in Montreal, the more I want Roy to come here.

For if you supported Martin, it is pretty obvious that you do not understand what it takes from a coach to win a Cup.

Patrick Roy bandwagon here.
Patrick Roy seems to me like a guy who losses his cool SO easily with his players. Its easy to lose your cool and throw your players under the buss during post game interviews if they are juniors. But when they are professionals. It's alot harder, and he will clearly lose a team FASTER than any other coach. Just feel like the BEST thing for Roy is to go to a team in the sunny states.

Id want a guy who has NHL experience anyway. That numbers it down by alot.

Old
10-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't think Roy is the answer as well, maybe an office job like President of the Habs something like the bruins did with Neely
I'm inclined to think along the same lines.

Old
10-21-2011, 12:43 PM
m00ks

Slightly concerned not because of the record but because of the effort put up last night, which I'm hoping, was simply due to the ill effects of the Buffalo heart break.

Still, 1-4-1 isn't enough to make me jump over the bridge cuz let's be honest, we could easily be 3-3 which would have been acceptable given our lack of defensive regulars. You can still chalk the record up to untimely cirmcumstance, ala Price having a bad game vs Winnepeg even with our offensive output or Miller stealing the show (as he always does vs us).

One thing's for sure we got a personnel problem due our shaky blue line. Hammer is SORELY missed specially with Markov still being out. Getting Gorges back is simply not enough to compensate. Having Wiz AND Hammer did. Having lost both, we still needed a LEGIT top 4 even with a healthy Markov if we wanted to be contenders.

I don't think this gets better until we get some bodies back and even then we'd still be fighting to keep our head above water. Defensive production was looking very weak coming into the season and its becoming more and more apparent.

Old
10-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I'm inclined to think along the same lines.
Okay good.

So we all agree no Roy then right?

Right?

Please... tell me that I'm right on this.

Old
10-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Patrick Roy seems to me like a guy who losses his cool SO easily with his players. Its easy to lose your cool and throw your players under the buss during post game interviews if they are juniors. But when they are professionals. It's alot harder, and he will clearly lose a team FASTER than any other coach. Just feel like the BEST thing for Roy is to go to a team in the sunny states.

Id want a guy who has NHL experience anyway. That numbers it down by alot.
Don Cherry?

Old
10-21-2011, 02:07 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

I'm right, you're all wrong, and your gunna feel pretty stupid about it.

There is nothing wrong with the habs other than the loss of Markov. Yess, maybe we could use a veteran D-man back there as a patch for awhile. We had one. Campoli. Spacek will be back soon. Calm the **** down. We lost to pittsburgh, the powerhouse of the east. Ok. the buffalo loss was a fluke, and we deserved the 2 points against colorado. These losses happen, and every once and awhle they happen all at once. Last night, (in my best estimation) was too soon after such a bitter loss to buffalo for the habs to get up for it. And how can you blame them. They're human. Don;t bash them. Don;t bash the coach. don;t bash the gm. That's your team out their. Your either with your team, through thick and thin....OR YOUR NOT!!!!

So calm the **** down!!!! cause we're gunna beat the leafs, we're gunna beat the panthers....and...we might beat philly, but we're sure as hell getting on maxpacioretty's back, and smacking the living **** out of boston!!!

Old
10-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Reve4Shab

Pens are no powerhouse without Malkin and Crosby lol

Old
10-21-2011, 02:12 PM
BigHab*

PostGame Cunneyworth Interview

Not sure if anyone watched this one but He used every reason/excuse he could find to tell fans why the Habs sucked so bad and lost, except one...what he should have said is..."well, to tell you the truth...Jacques, Randy and I are clueless when it comes to knowing our players. We kept drawing names from a toque and went with whatever came out. As coaches, well, let's just say we suck bigtime...and Jacques...he's an idiot!"

Old
10-21-2011, 02:45 PM
OneSharpMarble

With this many veteren players this should be a bloody cakewalk. I really don't think JM has any excuse for this poor play. His preparation, system and line combos are all at fault.

Old
10-21-2011, 02:52 PM
bsl

Quote:
It would have been 3-1.

Price made some fantastic saves last night so I dont think that would have changed with Crosby or Malkin in.

And, Crosby or Malkin being in the game would not have boosted our goal production. So, 3-1. Same result and still a loss.

The more I see Martin supporters (even the fire Martin bandwagoners) say that Roy would be a bad fit in Montreal, the more I want Roy to come here.

For if you supported Martin, it is pretty obvious that you do not understand what it takes from a coach to win a Cup.

Patrick Roy bandwagon here.
I disagree with you.

I have watched Habs for 40 years.

Roy is a very very bad choice.

Oh,and you like Roy because people on this site who know much more than you don't want him?

Good reason. Not. How arrogant of you. How unbelievable that you would write this to people on this board.

I'm really really beginning to question you. This is my third post questioning you. And I never, ever questioned anyone on this site.

I'd like you to step back a bit and respect people here. You wade into deep water here. You have no idea how much many of us know about the Habs and hockey.

My judgement is that you are not understanding anything about what's really wrong right now. Your endless toughness posts are a bore, and they are not correct.

You need to listen more, and post less. And show some respect to people who know more than you. You are really borderline on this site right now, and you should be.

Why don't you stop posting for a while. It might do you good. I am not impressed by your knowledge, your judgement, or your polity. You are not contributing here. I am sorry to be so harsh, but that is how I judge you.

Last edited by bsl: 10-21-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old
10-21-2011, 03:03 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
How JM shuffles his lines:

that is how carbo did it

Old
10-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Okay good.

So we all agree no Roy then right?

Right?

Please... tell me that I'm right on this.
Yes you are. I still don't understand why people think he would be a good coach? Because he has emotion? Because he was a great player?

These are not arguments that tell my why he would be a good coach.

Old
10-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Yes you are. I still don't understand why people think he would be a good coach? Because he has emotion? Because he was a great player?

These are not arguments that tell my why he would be a good coach.
If we have a hard time getting our players to play for Martin imagine how bad it would be for Roy after 3-4 loses and he is calling out everyone!!!

As I said, Roy should be President at best, not coach or GM

Old
10-21-2011, 04:34 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
If we have a hard time getting our players to play for Martin imagine how bad it would be for Roy after 3-4 loses and he is calling out everyone!!!

As I said, Roy should be President at best, not coach or GM
You're underating Roy. He should be the owner !

Old
10-21-2011, 05:13 PM
BigHab*

Not sure if anyone watched this one but He used every reason/excuse he could find to tell fans why the Habs sucked so bad and lost, except one...what he should have said is..."well, to tell you the truth...Jacques, Randy and I are clueless when it comes to knowing our players. We kept drawing names from a toque and went with whatever came out. As coaches, well, let's just say we suck bigtime...and Jacques...he's an idiot!"

????

A post game interview by Randy Cunneyworth on HabsTV...forgot to add that in to the original post.

Old
10-21-2011, 06:48 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 50
this is starting to remind me of 2002-03

Old
10-21-2011, 07:31 PM
la25ecoupe

Can someone tell me why jm changes lines every two minutes???

Old
10-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Roy would call out a player or two but once he gets to know the players he wouldn't shuffle the lines as JM or Carbo did, unless maybe when the originally intended lines are messed up due to injury or penalty.

Old
10-21-2011, 07:44 PM
One Trick Pony

I say we keep JM provided he reads us his diary.

Old
10-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
I say we keep JM provided he reads us his diary.
Why, you having trouble sleeping?

Old
10-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Subnordi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
Yakupov smells good
Maybe he uses that downey extra soft? Like on the commercials when the guys skips milking the cows to smell his clothes?

Old
10-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Protest the Hero

I guarantee Montreal will win another game this season. Bookmark this post!

Old
10-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
I guarantee Montreal will win another game this season. Bookmark this post!
Jeez, some people round here are just blind optimists. You'll buy into anything management is selling, won't you

Old
10-21-2011, 10:17 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
I disagree with you.

I have watched Habs for 40 years.

Roy is a very very bad choice.

Oh,and you like Roy because people on this site who know much more than you don't want him?

Good reason. Not. How arrogant of you. How unbelievable that you would write this to people on this board.

I'm really really beginning to question you. This is my third post questioning you. And I never, ever questioned anyone on this site.

I'd like you to step back a bit and respect people here. You wade into deep water here. You have no idea how much many of us know about the Habs and hockey.

My judgement is that you are not understanding anything about what's really wrong right now. Your endless toughness posts are a bore, and they are not correct.

You need to listen more, and post less. And show some respect to people who know more than you. You are really borderline on this site right now, and you should be.

Why don't you stop posting for a while. It might do you good. I am not impressed by your knowledge, your judgement, or your polity. You are not contributing here. I am sorry to be so harsh, but that is how I judge you.
You have been a Habs fan for 5 years more than I have been.

I question the blind following of Martin by a lot of people here. I have that right, do I not? Have you not noticed the handling of players by Martin? His system that is not suited to the talent that we have in Montreal? His inability to adapt to the modern NHL?

Yet I read all of the praises of Martin, how he will somehow turn this team into a Cup winner.

Have you enjoyed the last 18 years of futility by the Habs? I have not. And an honest question for you. Do you feel that Martin has the ability to win a Cup in Montreal?

Old
10-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Bloumeister
Blou Christmas

Quote:
You have been a Habs fan for 5 years more than I have been.

I question the blind following of Martin by a lot of people here. I have that right, do I not? Have you not noticed the handling of players by Martin? His system that is not suited to the talent that we have in Montreal? His inability to adapt to the modern NHL?

Yet I read all of the praises of Martin, how he will somehow turn this team into a Cup winner.

Have you enjoyed the last 18 years of futility by the Habs? I have not. And an honest question for you. Do you feel that Martin has the ability to win a Cup in Montreal?
You still don't get it, now, do you?

No one 'round here does.

#FireMartin won't happen.

Resistance is futile.

Closed Thread