Old
10-21-2011, 01:37 AM
Riiseli
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Riiseli
Quote:
Originally Posted by lextune View Post
A bunch of times I heard Jack talking about this being Seguin's first ever 3 point game, and I kept waiting for the "regular season" caveat....

....I mean; did Jack forget the 4 point period against Tampa already? Lol.
But it was the first ever 3 point game for him I also waited for Jack to mention the four points and this was the only explanation I could come up with

Riiseli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 02:27 AM
bruins4life81

Tyler Seguin was amazing when they played him i'm just saying

bruins4life81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 04:29 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Switch Kelly and Krejci please.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:10 AM
disfigured

Send a message via ICQ to disfigured Send a message via AIM to disfigured Send a message via MSN to disfigured Send a message via Yahoo to disfigured
I have to watch the games DVR'd and very late because I'm working a 6pm-3am shift.

Only one thing to say: That's more like it.

Let that put to an end to the shaky start. Move on and hopefully we'll have a scoring threat from several if not all lines. It's as if the entire team woke up at once. This was bound to happen, this is the SC champs we're talking about. They know what it takes to win.

disfigured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:41 AM
dflo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
Your gonna hold a grudge against a player because the GM wasn't willing to pay him what he's worth? Are you not happy what you got in return?
This theory that leaf fans think that Kessel wasn't offered what he was worth is bogus and mind boggling. I live in TO and I hear this all the time. Cheeseburger Kessel was a part of a young nucleus that would have been something special i.e Stanley Cup Champions. He was offered more money than Bergeron and Krejci, and Lucic and he said no. The Bruins gave Kessel a fair offer and he was greedy and wanted more. Some players care more about themselves than the team and unfortunately Kessel is one of those guys. Wait in a couple of years when his time is up in Toronto and see how much he demands. As for Bruins fans being not happy with what they got in return, well the answer is were ecstatic. We have a stud like Seguin, and Hamilton and Knight are having great years in the O. For once and for all, Kessel was not traded for Seguin straight up. So next time you and your friends from leaf land debate the trade make sure you guys understand that you traded three players for Kessel. One is a bonafide stud, Hamilton by all accounts is a future top two dman in this league, and Knight is a future nhl'er.

dflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 06:15 AM
TCL40

Quote:
Was it just me or was this team much more confident on offense with Krejci back and solid with Kampfer on D?
Yep. As much as people seem to think Krejci should be shipped out of Boston, I think in many ways Krejci is an important part of the Bruin's offense and even more so an important part of their mental game. I hope they leave Horton on Bergeron's wing and put Krejci between Lucic and Seguin. I have always thought if Seguin plays wing he would fit Krejci's wing and style better than Bergeron's.

And I think shipping Bart back to Providence was the best thing for Bart and the team. I think when you have a known weak point on the team it is tough to play your game because in the back of your head you know you are playing with a weak link.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 06:16 AM
DarrenBanks56

nice win.
expected as toronto definitely didnt have the legs.
i dont know how much i can take from this game seeing how slow and uninterested toronto looked out there.

The game on sat will be the key game for me.
will we play another strong game, or is sj gonna throw us another 2-0 loss??

some things i did notice during the game.

-kampfer should be in there full time. He made 2 absolutely perfect 60ft saucer outlet passes. When mcquaid gets back, I would possibly put boychuk in the press box in favor for kampfer

-corvo gives up a little to much ice out there. He's gotta step up on players a bit more. I know he has speed, but I just think he gives guys too much room.

-seguin has to shoot more. he should be shooting in areas where kessel and ovechkin take their shots. he often looks for the pass too often

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 06:31 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
nice win.
expected as toronto definitely didnt have the legs.
i dont know how much i can take from this game seeing how slow and uninterested toronto looked out there.

The game on sat will be the key game for me.
will we play another strong game, or is sj gonna throw us another 2-0 loss??

some things i did notice during the game.

-kampfer should be in there full time. He made 2 absolutely perfect 60ft saucer outlet passes. When mcquaid gets back, I would possibly put boychuk in the press box in favor for kampfer

-corvo gives up a little to much ice out there. He's gotta step up on players a bit more. I know he has speed, but I just think he gives guys too much room.

-seguin has to shoot more. he should be shooting in areas where kessel and ovechkin take their shots. he often looks for the pass too often
Glad to see the boys playing closer to the way we all want to see them playing. Looch playing with Kelly forced him to simplify things which went well. I will temper my excitement with the win over the Leafs as I tried not to get worked up with a slow start.

I don`t buy the back to back reasoning with a team as young as the Leafs, not like they are carrying a wack of 8-9 year vets, not saying it is easy to play back to back, but if we won`t allow that excuse for poor play from our boys, I won`t buy it when considering another team, trust me, the Leafs did absolutely NO skating for 2 periods against the Jets the night before, they should have had plenty of legs.

Corvo has always played that way, can be frustrating but to be honest, he isn`t close to being the only Bruin who seems to allow opponents to gain the zone, seems to almost be part of CJ`s system??

Kessel/Lupul non existent, easy to put up solid numbers against the crud they have played up to last night.

Should be a solid test on Saturday against the Sharkies.

Is Claude lucky/genius or a touch of both with his combos??? Haha, either way, yet another indication that he has continually accepted change a touch more willingly than when he arrived here, he never would have changed up the lines like that.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:03 AM
Jonathan17
Trollface!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dflo View Post
This theory that leaf fans think that Kessel wasn't offered what he was worth is bogus and mind boggling. I live in TO and I hear this all the time. Cheeseburger Kessel was a part of a young nucleus that would have been something special i.e Stanley Cup Champions. He was offered more money than Bergeron and Krejci, and Lucic and he said no. The Bruins gave Kessel a fair offer and he was greedy and wanted more. Some players care more about themselves than the team and unfortunately Kessel is one of those guys. Wait in a couple of years when his time is up in Toronto and see how much he demands. As for Bruins fans being not happy with what they got in return, well the answer is were ecstatic. We have a stud like Seguin, and Hamilton and Knight are having great years in the O. For once and for all, Kessel was not traded for Seguin straight up. So next time you and your friends from leaf land debate the trade make sure you guys understand that you traded three players for Kessel. One is a bonafide stud, Hamilton by all accounts is a future top two dman in this league, and Knight is a future nhl'er.
29 other GMs think Burke overpaid Kessel. Just because Burke was willing to overpay does not mean Chia was "not willing to offer Kessel what he was worth." The Preds were in the running (and Boston's preferred choice) but they were not willing to pay Kessel what Burke was willing to pay.

Jonathan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:11 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan17 View Post
29 other GMs think Burke overpaid Kessel. Just because Burke was willing to overpay does not mean Chia was "not willing to offer Kessel what he was worth." The Preds were in the running (and Boston's preferred choice) but they were not willing to pay Kessel what Burke was willing to pay.
And the Preds are so cash conscious, they need those draft picks to help maintain financial responsibility.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:19 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dflo View Post
Can't say that I agree with yer police work, there, Lou.....

I don't think they offered him as much as they paid Milan...and in this world of, as Henry would say, "**** you, pay me!", I can't say I blame him for taking Tronno's beautiful offer. Also, for what it's worth, AT THE TIME Phil gave no indications that he wanted to leave the team, whereas the team had sort of shopped him around a bit.

Kessel is as good a player as there is these days.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:32 AM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
Good game guys. As I had mentioned in GDT, expected you guys to win.

. Seguin guy is real good and will only get better.
. Still don't understand why people in other thread were upset about Milan Lucic? Guy was off to a slow start but deserved a break.
. TT was good again, but man oh man, Leafs absolutely crap the bed in front of Gustavsson
. Side note: As I said again in GDT, that Leafs player with Wisconsin connection proved me right. A +2 with 1 assist in 6-2 loss, in second 25:00+ min NHL game of life, Jake Gardiner.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:47 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Switch Kelly and Krejci please.
Why because you don't like it?

There's obvious chemistry between Looch, he and Seguin and the change has not hurt Tyler's game and has elevated Looch's. They were the best line last night with 3-5 = 8 points. You don't touch that until it grows stale.

Krejci wasn't producing before he got hurt. He's got to re-adjust and ease back into things. A change of scenery is what that line needed.

Your hate for Kelly and the other "pluggers" is growing stale and your argument is the same even when people prove you wrong. Get a new shtick.

I am Boston Strong

Last edited by Alicat: 10-21-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:59 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Really impressed with the Leafs...No Reimer, MacArthur and Connolly. Jake Gardiner and Matt Fratin look GREAT. Also, props to Orr and Rosehill for respecting the Bruins and not trying to goon it up when the game was out of hand... You can tell the tough guys in the NHL seem to respect the way the Bruins play the game... Had it been vs a diving / wuss team, I'm sure they would have taken some runs...

Leafs have a whole lot to look forward to IMO.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Really impressed with the Leafs...No Reimer, MacArthur and Connolly. Jake Gardiner and Matt Fratin look GREAT. Also, props to Orr and Rosehill for respecting the Bruins and not trying to goon it up when the game was out of hand... You can tell the tough guys in the NHL seem to respect the way the Bruins play the game... Had it been vs a diving / wuss team, I'm sure they would have taken some runs...

Leafs have a whole lot to look forward to IMO.
I thought the Leafs stunk. Their D is terrible. I also saw Orr trying to bully Krejci and Rosehill took some runs at our guys in the final minute.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:05 AM
EverettMike

Anyone else think the Leafs' d-men are a disaster?

Holy crap they looked porous.

How many would Burke need to sign before he got it right?

EverettMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:05 AM
seemlessglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Good game, you guys dominated us all game and took advantage of our tired team. Nice to see Seguin developing nicely.
I like how you snuck "tired team" in there. The Leafs are a fraud team like it or not. It will be 7 years out of the playoffs before it's over. Nice road trip coming up for the Blue and White they'll be lucky to pick up 2 points on it. That tractor trailer in your rearview mirror is Boston ready to drive on by.

seemlessglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
Can't say that I agree with yer police work, there, Lou.....

I don't think they offered him as much as they paid Milan...and in this world of, as Henry would say, "**** you, pay me!", I can't say I blame him for taking Tronno's beautiful offer. Also, for what it's worth, AT THE TIME Phil gave no indications that he wanted to leave the team, whereas the team had sort of shopped him around a bit.

Kessel is as good a player as there is these days.
That's a diplomatic way of putting it.

The known details of what Kessel was offered vary between 3.2-4 mil, and the team had 3 mil remaining in cap space, This for a 21 year old RFA first line RW, 36 goal scorer with tremendous upside potential. I don't care what his flaws were, they don't take one goal or one assist off his total points. The high side of that range, is on the low side of what those guys pull down, and I've only heard that number here on this forum. Most of what I'm hearing is that they tried to get Kessel to go for roughly Krejci money (3.5 range). That's really, really pushing it.

Complicating the problem was the fact that Chia had already pulled the trigger once on a Kessel trade, to Toronto, and had to pull him back because of that entertaining little public misunderstanding at the podium. Nevermind trade rumors, there had been a trade, and for a kid wired like Kessel, that obliterates all loyalty he might have to the team, since they were already out there trying to deal him anyway.

If Kessel thinks he's not getting a deal that reflects his value, and he thinks the team isn't putting keeping him a Bruin at a particularly high priority, I don't see any particular reason why he would sign with them. If he uses his RFA rights instead, he can pick his next destination rather than have it forced on him, and I have to think that was a big factor in why Kessel (who has some issues that make not all destinations equally acceptable) took the chance he took and exercised his RFA rights.

Honestly if it wasn't for some seriously massive collusion among the NHL GM's to try and curtail RFA rights you'd see people do what Kessel did a lot more frequently. Kessel's only fault is that he was socially awkward enough to ignore the wink-and-nod collusion that is rolling back RFA rights right now and making an RFA into something much less than a real free agent, and actually expect his rights on paper to be, you know, his actual rights. What a tool, eh?

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

What a great game, this was a focused & motivated Bruin team. Loved how CJ shuffled the lines, sometimes a breath of fresh air doe the trick.

Loved how Burke & Wilson decided to dress Orr & Rosehill and got burned for it. And loved how they tried to spare Komisarek's fragile ego by sitting him.

Loved how Thornton set the tone for the night with a nice bout vs Orr which he won slightly.

Krejci had a good game despite not getting any pts. He is so smooth with the puck.

The pp looked great and dangerous for the most part. loved the movement and how three forwrds collapsed on the net when a shot was coming.

Lucic had a great game, great chemistry with Seguin and hitting everything in sight. His crunch of Phaneuf was great to see, while taking a Phanuef hit to set up Seguin was sweet.

Seguin had a great game. Beauty of a move to get around Dion and set up Lucic. Great back check to prevent Kessel's pass.

Thomas made the sensational saves. As usual.

Kessel was a non factor.

BTW nice excuse of not having the legs by the leafs. They played fewer games than us, all of them at home vs bad teams including a week off. That start to the season schedual doesn't get any softer than that.

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

I think we might see Kelly on the top line again. The chemistry with Seguin was pretty palpable, and having that speedy forechecking guy who's willing to get his hands dirty really took the pressure off Lucic to be that guy and let him use his frankly underrated skating game.

First line has been hurting for a dedicated forecheck presence for awhile, maybe they found it.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Niz Bruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Anyone else think the Leafs' d-men are a disaster?

Holy crap they looked porous.

How many would Burke need to sign before he got it right?
Ive seen one Leafs preseason game and this game. The entire team doesn't convince me they are any more playoff bound than last year.

Niz Bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
That's a diplomatic way of putting it.

The known details of what Kessel was offered vary between 3.2-4 mil, and the team had 3 mil remaining in cap space, This for a 21 year old RFA first line RW, 36 goal scorer with tremendous upside potential. I don't care what his flaws were, they don't take one goal or one assist off his total points. The high side of that range, is on the low side of what those guys pull down, and I've only heard that number here on this forum. Most of what I'm hearing is that they tried to get Kessel to go for roughly Krejci money (3.5 range). That's really, really pushing it.

Complicating the problem was the fact that Chia had already pulled the trigger once on a Kessel trade, to Toronto, and had to pull him back because of that entertaining little public misunderstanding at the podium. Nevermind trade rumors, there had been a trade, and for a kid wired like Kessel, that obliterates all loyalty he might have to the team, since they were already out there trying to deal him anyway.

If Kessel thinks he's not getting a deal that reflects his value, and he thinks the team isn't putting keeping him a Bruin at a particularly high priority, I don't see any particular reason why he would sign with them. If he uses his RFA rights instead, he can pick his next destination rather than have it forced on him, and I have to think that was a big factor in why Kessel (who has some issues that make not all destinations equally acceptable) took the chance he took and exercised his RFA rights.

Honestly if it wasn't for some seriously massive collusion among the NHL GM's to try and curtail RFA rights you'd see people do what Kessel did a lot more frequently. Kessel's only fault is that he was socially awkward enough to ignore the wink-and-nod collusion that is rolling back RFA rights right now and making an RFA into something much less than a real free agent, and actually expect his rights on paper to be, you know, his actual rights. What a tool, eh?
So you are saying he deserved more money than Krejci? Thats very interesting. There is no way someone coming of his 1st contract which included only one 30+ goal season plus numerous health issues should be getting more money than any other forward. Burke said so himself, and now karma bit him on his ass because he is a hypocrite.

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

Quote:

If the crowd doesn't screw with the emotional tone of the game with the ridiculous thank-you-Kessel chant, we probably win 6-1. Say what you want about how you're supposed to tune that out, it is NOT a coincidence that the team's intensity broke down when the fans started that crap.
I don't think the crowd factors in as much as you're trying to say it does. Maybe being up 5 goals had something to do with the intensity not being there

Grasshopperking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Niz Bruin

Quote:

Complicating the problem was the fact that Chia had already pulled the trigger once on a Kessel trade, to Toronto, and had to pull him back because of that entertaining little public misunderstanding at the podium.
What WAS that deal by the way? I can't remember. Was it meant to be Kaberle + Toronto's 1st (Seguin)?

Strange how things worked out in the end though, getting Kabs and letting him go.

Niz Bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:33 AM
BruinsFan64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post
Again... Do not quote the trolls.
Quote the trolls nevermore

BruinsFan64 is offline   Reply With Quote