Toronto @ Boston - Bruins win 6-2

Old
10-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMMEL650 View Post
You don't think maybe having Seguin on the line helped Lucic with his funk a little bit more than Kelly?
As ODAAT noted, Lucic WAS skating with Seguin previously. The change to that line was swapping Horton and Kelly.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Seguin was the one that set Lucic up for the tap in.

The lines did work the other night, I wasn't against the shakeup, but before too long they wll give Krejci better wingers once he gets back into the swing of things.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
Seguin was the one that set Lucic up for the tap in.

The lines did work the other night, I wasn't against the shakeup, but before too long they wll give Krejci better wingers once he gets back into the swing of things.
That he was but watch the play develop full circle and you will see that Chris Kelly started it.

Kelly digs it out of the corner and it goes to Seguin who cuts up the ice with Looch in synch and passes it to him for the goal.

This is all of the goals for the entire game so you need to watch it from 58 seconds

I am Boston Strong

Last edited by Alicat: 10-22-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 07:23 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
That he was but watch the play develop full circle and you will see that Chris Kelly started it.

Kelly digs it out of the corner and it goes to Seguin who cuts up the ice with Looch in synch and passes it to him for the goal.

This is all of the goals for the entire game so you need to watch it from 58 seconds

A play like this (Kelly`s) is a direct example of what makes me angry when some fans get irate, almost disrespectful towards him when talking about how Segs needs to play with someone with skill, finesse, maybe more offensive awareness......which would be nice, but I would also argue, those skillful, finesse and offensively gifted guys, don`t always make those "quiet" plays Kelly does.

The difference between the winners and losers is the winners are willing to do all the little things that the eventual losers won`t do, and that`s what Kelly does, it ain`t sexy, it won`t snag headlines, but he is far more valuable than many around here seem to think which is a shame.

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
A play like this (Kelly`s) is a direct example of what makes me angry when some fans get irate, almost disrespectful towards him when talking about how Segs needs to play with someone with skill, finesse, maybe more offensive awareness......which would be nice, but I would also argue, those skillful, finesse and offensively gifted guys, don`t always make those "quiet" plays Kelly does.

The difference between the winners and losers is the winners are willing to do all the little things that the eventual losers won`t do, and that`s what Kelly does, it ain`t sexy, it won`t snag headlines, but he is far more valuable than many around here seem to think which is a shame.
Amen.

He set up both goals last night too. Whether people like it or not, that line is staying together.

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

I won't say Kelly is good on offense, that would be lying, but he deserves a lot more credit then he's getting. He has set up goals, and he has scored. Yes, he can blow odd man rushes, breaks, whatever, and it can be frustraiting, but Lucic-Kelly-Seguin has been the best line out there, and they should keep it together.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote