Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Kerry Fraser - Boston got away with thuggery during playoffs

Old
10-21-2011, 12:30 AM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

vCash: 500
I'm so glad Fraser got pushed out of the league. Guy was, and still is an absolute disgrace to all the good to decent refs in the league.

Guiledoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 12:32 AM
Budddy

at a reception tonight and heard lots of whining from Canuck fans about how the refs let the Bruins thug it up...then in the next sentence complaining that the Canucks didnt get tough enough in the off season....

its a lame excuse...playoffs are always tougher and whistles put away...been that way forever...

Budddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 12:43 AM
Concessionaire
My Precious

Comparing the Carolina game to the Finals is silly.

In the Finals the Bruins were responding to Vancouver's chippy, chirpy play (the Burrows bite, Lapierre's taunting, the Rome hit, and the Sedin circus dives). The Bruins played with great discipline (remember the laser-like focus they had on the bench in game 7?) and the physicality was a strategy that paid off.

In the Carolina game, the players were responding to their own ineffectiveness. It could have been any opposing jersey on the ice with them and it wouldn't have mattered. The Bs had reached a point were they needed to do something to change things up, but unfortunately they went overboard and filled the penalty box. It wasn't a strategy to win the game, it was an act of desperation meant to wake up the team and remind them of who they are.

Concessionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 12:45 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post

If the Bruins weren't an exceptionally disciplined team 99.9% of the time; Downey, Rome, and Burrows would probably be waking up from their respective comas right a/b now.

Chara is one of the most disciplined players I have ever watched. The garbage that guy tolerates, and w/ the ref standing there just waiting to call something on him the second he reacts, is absolutely disgusting. And, the epitome of what is wrong w/ officiating in the game today. The Claude Lemuiexs' of the game now have carte' blanche, stand up hard working players are punished.

Add that the players don't know what constitutes a penalty 5 minutes from the next. Yeah, they're doing a great job, Kerry.

Please.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:02 AM
unifiedtheory

Quote:
Now what would make you say something like that?

If the Bruins weren't an exceptionally disciplined team 99.9% of the time; Downey, Rome, and Burrows would probably be waking up from their respective comas right a/b now.

Chara is one of the most disciplined players I have ever watched. The garbage that guy tolerates, and w/ the ref standing there just waiting to call something on him the second he reacts, is absolutely disgusting. And, the epitome of what is wrong w/ officiating in the game today. The Claude Lemuiexs' of the game now have carte' blanche, stand up hard working players are punished.

Add that the players don't know what constitutes a penalty 5 minutes from the next. Yeah, they're doing a great job, Kerry.

Please.
You are not allowed to make this much sense on a message board.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:51 AM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
I'm so glad Fraser got pushed out of the league. Guy was, and still is an absolute disgrace to all the good to decent refs in the league.
agree with this, Kerry Fraser sticks out in my memory as being one of the worst refs in history which is an accomplishment of mediocrity

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 02:02 AM
TooMuchMan

While Fraser might be accurate, it's also true that several teams got away with "Divery" in the postseason as well...

TooMuchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 02:24 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

He lost me at "Chara brought the stick up on Skinner".........

Last edited by 8spokesontheB: 10-21-2011 at 02:30 AM. Reason: I was wrong, he did say "thuggery"
8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 03:19 AM
MarchandsNose

It's the stanley cup final....obviously emotions are going to run high.

Kerry Fraser is a tool.
So is Devorski.
A match made in heaven.

MarchandsNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 03:24 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchandsNose View Post
It's the stanley cup final....obviously emotions are going to run high.

Kerry Fraser is a tool.
So is Devorski.
A match made in heaven.
Hey now...easy, Tiger....

I thought Ronnie was a decent ref. No Andy Van Hellemond, but give a guy a break!

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:10 AM
MarchandsNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
Hey now...easy, Tiger....

I thought Ronnie was a decent ref. No Andy Van Hellemond, but give a guy a break!
Sorry, but the double standard shown in the Carolina game was disgusting.

MarchandsNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:44 AM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
Do we really care what this attention ***** thinks? Really?

He was a bad ref and he's a worse analyst. White noise.

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

BigBadBruin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 06:00 AM
SPLBRUIN

Im suprised Fraser actually had a few minutes to spare to rail on the Bruins, the guy's main preoccupation is hair grooming. Seriously, never liked him, came across as an arrogant kind of guy.

SPLBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:17 AM
Caballo Blanco
2014 Conn Smythe

Kerry Fraser's just trying to please the soft hockey loving pinkos at TSN.

Caballo Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:54 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
What thuggery?

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:55 AM
pie19
HFBoards Sponsor

Uh Kerry that was last year. Shoulda made a big deal out of it then, kiddo.

pie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:58 AM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
What thuggery?
Yeah, I don't get it either.

Marchand punching Sedin? Sure. And he was penalized for that.

Aside from that, what did the Bruins really do? The two dirtiest moments in the series came from the Canucks.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:59 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

My stance on referees has always been that when they are doing a good job, you barely know they are even there.

Even moreso when they are in forced retirement

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:12 AM
BMC
#BostonStrong

Kerry Fraser's brain has clearly been damaged by the chemicals in all the hair spray he uses. It is the only explanation I can come up with for his stupidity.

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
He lost me at "Chara brought the stick up on Skinner".........
He said that? I couldn't even finish reading the rest of that pathetic excuse for a blog. That just proves to me that he didn't watch that game at all and is probably getting his ideas from the main board here at HF.

Bridges31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:35 AM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:

Please.
Im so happy someone brought this up. Does anyone (dafoomie) have the vid from chara in the tampa (i think) series, where he was getting hit, and punched and agitated and refs were there staring at him (all after the whistle). Chara shoves the guy in the face to get him out of the way and they get matching penalties. (downie involved perhaps)

It happens everywhere, and to lots of other players. absolutely embarrassing to the NHL. What would serve that ref right would be to see someone parlay the agitator out cold (ala Domi vs Ulf) and then point to the player on the ground and then point to the ref and say "you could of prevented that"

Last edited by CamFan81: 10-21-2011 at 08:43 AM.
CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:35 AM
Turk 16

Harry was right about this guy.

This is a horsebleep blog post.

Turk 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:39 AM
Actp
CN6 but Accentuate p

About the comment itself, I do not have a problem. Though it was only occasional, the Bruins did a bit of sucker punching and engaged in some chippiness last year. They won't get away with it this year because of Shannahan and the league looking for a different winner..(There is your conspiracy theory but its the truth) I am surprised the league gave the Bruins a break last year, except for the finals....But Playoff hockey is always tough hockey.
Further, as Roux says, we won with more than physicality, though that is the key to this team performing at its optimum level. This team does need to play with the discipline that they showed last year.

Editorial comment on Fraser.....He was one of the worst kind of officials. He knew what he was seeing; he knew the rules, but, he consistently held grudges against certain coaches, general managers and teams and he let that affect the calling of games against certain teams such as Detroit ? and Boston.

Actp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy Rebound View Post
While Fraser might be accurate, it's also true that several teams got away with "Divery" in the postseason as well...
Fraser isnt accurate at all. The Bruins level of 'thuggery' was in line with everyone else's level of 'thuggery'.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:50 AM
seemlessglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaritimeHockeyNut View Post
Didnt see this anywhere so i'll post it. If it was and i missed it, move or delete thread

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/kerry_fraser/?id=378544

This is the part I have a problem with

"You most appropriately described the reason that the Boston Bruins took themselves out of the game Tuesday night and lost to the Carolina Hurricanes by the score of 4-1. Beyond playing like the 'Big Bad Bruins' of old, they were utterly and completely UNDISCIPLINED and have no one to blame but themselves for the loss!

While that style of play might have been allowed on many nights in the late seventies, eighties (and to a lesser degree on occasion during the Stanley Cup playoffs and through the Final last season) I don't believe it will fly this year. Unless the B's can muster some discipline to combine with their aggressive attack I can assure you that their penalty killers will log more ice time than their first line unit; that is if the referees continue to do their job, as Wes McCauley and Paul Devorski did on Tuesday night." -TSN Karry Fraser

So is Kerry saying the Bruins used 'thuggery' and "undisiplined" play to win the cup and the officials let the bruins get away with it? Is he actually attacking the refs saying that they where bias in their penalty calling last year in bostons favor? Dunno... Just thought it wierd that he would outwardly attack the refs officiating last year.
Consider the source. This turkey was one of the biggest "screw the Bruins" refs out there. I could careless about what he thinks now. Yes, the B's were to blame for their own failure against the Canes. All I need to hear is a Devorski is "officiating" and know that by the end of the night the game is ugly.

seemlessglass is offline   Reply With Quote