HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tim Erixon

Old
10-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
Tim Erixon

I go to college in Boston. Haven't been able to watch the last 2 games because we only get VS. (no MSG ) The first two games, he looked a little nervous. Made a few undisciplined plays, but kept his composure and also made positive plays and held his own defensively.

How's he been looking? Is he getting more comfortable? Does this lead to a permanent spot on the roster this year?

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Levitate

Been looking a lot better these past couple of games. More poised with the puck, using his body along the boards, making solid passes. Doesn't seem nervous anymore.

I think he's played well to stay in the lineup...ideally I'd like to see him and Del Zotto stay in the lineup when Staal comes back. Granted, I'd still give him 3rd pairing minutes, but he'd be good on the third pairing

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

He's been playing fairly conservatively. Not making many mistakes. Once Staal and Sauer get back i can see him being sent down to connecticut to get 30 minutes a game.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:36 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

He's looked better in the regular season than the pre-season.

I think he's here to stay.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:41 PM
ilovemarkmessier

He was not noticable on the ice until the Vancouver game last night. I felt he did a nice job moving the puck up ice in the third period. Also noticed him moving up into the circle pressuring on offense. I have mixed feelings about him staying when the big boys get back. I think a send down and a call back up later in the year is in order. Would like to add its hard to see what you have when the whole team spends the night on special teams. These penaltys need to be dealt with by the coaching staff. Remember he is only twenty years old.

ilovemarkmessier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:47 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Does not look NHL ready at this time.. I mean sure, he could get by, but he's not been particularly effective on the ice... He should be playing in the AHL right now.... When Staal & Sauer come back:

Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Sauer
Del Zotto - Eminger
Wxxxxxxx (however you spell his name!)

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 01:05 PM
NYR Viper

I think he has looked good but I think it would be bets for him to go down and play 40 games getting a lot of minutes in the AHL. Both Woywitka and Eminger are fine as the #6/7 to play with MDZ for a little while and maybe they increase their value and can be dealt for something by mid-season

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
He's looked better in the regular season than the pre-season.

I think he's here to stay.
He's been fine, not great but not bad. I imagine they send him down once Staal and Sauer are heatlhy though. it would give them 7 D but it seems inevitable that a 5/6 Dman will be brought in at some point which would push Eminger to being the spare and Woywitka down the CT.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 02:11 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Does not look NHL ready at this time.. I mean sure, he could get by, but he's not been particularly effective on the ice... He should be playing in the AHL right now.... When Staal & Sauer come back:

Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Sauer
Del Zotto - Eminger
Wxxxxxxx (however you spell his name!)
Woywitka

I think Erixon has been just fine. You can analyze every little inch of his game thus far and of course being that he is a rookie you are going to find flaws. But he is getting better each game imo and i think thats because the nerves are starting to settle and he is feeling more comfortable. He hasnt really hurt them from what I've seen. He doesnt need 30 minutes a game in the AHL. Let him stay in the NHL as long as he can handle it, and that's just what he seems to be doing.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

He's making some safe plays, doesn't take chances - and why would he..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 02:48 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Woywitka

I think Erixon has been just fine. You can analyze every little inch of his game thus far and of course being that he is a rookie you are going to find flaws. But he is getting better each game imo and i think thats because the nerves are starting to settle and he is feeling more comfortable. He hasnt really hurt them from what I've seen. He doesnt need 30 minutes a game in the AHL. Let him stay in the NHL as long as he can handle it, and that's just what he seems to be doing.
He has not been very solid defensively and he's not showing us his strengths which is skating and moving the puck... You've seen him get caught out of position or lose a battle and be prone to taking penalties as a result. He should be in the AHL where he will feel more comfortable so he can continue to develop his strengths in his game at the professional level.... Right now he's just "getting by" on the ice, not really hurting the team, but not providing much either.... I don't think that's ideal for his development..... Carl Hagelin is reportedly adapting to the Pro game very quickly with the Whale... As soon as we get one of Sauer or Staal back, I'd like to see Erixon get sent down and hopefully do the same.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 10-19-2011 at 03:02 PM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
He's making some safe plays, doesn't take chances - and why would he..
If I remember girardi was the same...

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Erixon has been steady. not great. not awful. steady. he needs more seasoning, and its a shame hes forced to do it up here, i think being eased into it in Hartford woulda been better...but what cna you do, the situation is what it is, with Sauer AND Staal out, the kid has to play.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
He has not been very solid defensively and he's not showing us his strengths which is skating and moving the puck... You've seen him get caught out of position or lose a battle and be prone to taking penalties as a result. He should be in the AHL where he will feel more comfortable so he can continue to develop his strengths in his game at the professional level.... Right now he's just "getting by" on the ice, not really hurting the team, but not providing much either.... I don't think that's ideal for his development..... Carl Hagelin is reportedly adapting to the Pro game very quickly with the Whale... As soon as we get one of Sauer or Staal back, I'd like to see Erixon get sent down and hopefully do the same.
agreed. Erixon needs more time.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:22 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
This is what I came in here to post, I agree 100%. Definitely needs time in CT, but that's not a bad thing.

10-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Slick Rick 61

I don't notice Erixon much on the ice, and that's a good thing. In the defensive zone, I like that's he often times just makes the safe play off the boards and out of the zone. Both last night and the Islander game you did see him join the rush in the neutral zone after moving the puck time or two, and that's all you're going to see out of him until he gets comfortable.

Given his skill set and his strengths, allowing him to play to those and develop them along with other finer points of the game, he needs to play in CT. For now until Staal and Sauer come back, shelter him in this way, and then send him down.

Slick Rick 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:54 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
I go to college in Boston. Haven't been able to watch the last 2 games because we only get VS. (no MSG ) The first two games, he looked a little nervous. Made a few undisciplined plays, but kept his composure and also made positive plays and held his own defensively.

How's he been looking? Is he getting more comfortable? Does this lead to a permanent spot on the roster this year?
Get Gamecenter my friend.......$20.99 per month for 8 months.....it may make or break you year.

As for Erixon, he has looked....O.K. Nothing more, nothing less.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 04:06 PM
mullichicken25

im very confident the kid will be good

he's not there yet, and still looks a little hesitant and overwhelmed

but on the plays where he is decisive and confident he looks good

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Exixon looked completely over matched in the preseason. And I mean completely.

But as he started playing games he's gotten better and better. I would have said he was a completely liability for us on the ice in the preseason, now he is pretty much holding is own, which is all you can really ask for from a rookie.

That being said he definitely needs to get time in the AHL like McD did.

Kids going to be good for us, im excited.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Double Post

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

He's looked decent , in my opinion, to his role and in the amount of time he's been given.

Haven't seen any stupid plays that come to mind, 'cept for a few penalties.

I know he was on the ice for a while last night during a shift in the 2nd or 3rd (?) and the Rangers were pinned down. Didn't look gassed at all and still played the puck well.

He's been sound.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

He's looked decent, but he needs to gain a little weight. I think with another 10 pounds, he'd be much more effective. I also think that at least a brief stint in Hartford would not harm him.

Once Staal and Sauer return, Erixon should go down until Christmas. He'll build confidence, get used to the small NHL ice rink, and maybe he'll even gain 3-5 pounds.

I don't think he'll need more than a couple of months in Hartford, but I definitely think he'd benefit from playing there a couple months.

It would also be good not to have so little experience on the blueline. Let's have McDonagh, Del Zotto and Sauer gain a few more games under the belt before we add a 4th guy who is not old enough to rent a car (you have to be 25 to rent a car).

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 10:04 PM
NYRSchrute217

Erixon's barely been noticeable which is alright for a defensive minded young Dman. No complaints with his game recently, even though certainly a little seasoning in the AHL couldn't hurt.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 10:10 PM
ecemleafs

When everyone is back healthy u'd hope we could have

Staal Girardi
McD Sauer
MDZ Eminger
Woywitka

unless Erixon ups his game significantly and makes it impossible for us to send him to Hartford.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 10:10 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I've been happy with the way that Erixon has played to start the year. I have noticed some Staal-like abilities when he makes they quick little nifty passes to get himself out of trouble, but he can also make a very good long pass.

I believe that he still is quite hesitant and is scared to trying to get too creative for fear of making a mistake but that's understandable. Once he gets more used to life in the NHL, and matures a little bit more, I think he will be one hell of a two way defenseman.