Closed Thread

Old
09-01-2004, 12:14 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Puddy
I think you could be right about waking up a sleeping giant, but it could also put them to sleep. They certainly have a modern Murderers Row with that lineup, but the pitching isn't anything great, especially the bullpen beyond Mariano Rivera and "Flash" Gordon.
Quantrill is a pretty good reliever too (overworked). I think Proctor is pretty good also.

Beyond that... Heredia? yuck.

Old
09-01-2004, 12:19 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
You're right. Just wondering if fat George is as cool about this as you are.
if i had to guess i would say he is all over stottlemyre for this. honestly this is rock bottom but rock bottom for the yankees is a 3 1/2 game lead on sept 1st.

Old
09-01-2004, 06:16 AM
The G Man

So what happened? Did they go for a 2 pt conversion at some point?

Old
09-01-2004, 10:18 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
I'm curiuos, has anyone ever lost 22-0 in a major league baseball game? I'd love to know.

What a great day! What a great day!

Old
09-01-2004, 10:33 AM
guinness
swedish milkmaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
I'm curiuos, has anyone ever lost 22-0 in a major league baseball game? I'd love to know.

Dunno, still Googling, but if there was a bigger loss than 22-0, it may have been before 1900. All the searches keep popping up with the Yankees loss to the Indians. :lol

Old
09-01-2004, 11:10 AM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:

Yes.

The Pirates shutout the Cubs 22-0 back in 1975.

Old
09-01-2004, 11:14 AM
BAuldie

Send a message via ICQ to BAuldie Send a message via MSN to BAuldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
Or you can use a position player to get some outs, a la Robin Ventura for the Dodgers when the Angels were killing them something like 14-0... :lol

Also, didn't the Red Sox use their outfielder for an inning? Who was it, McCarty?

Couple years back, Mark Grace was used during the Dodgers/D-backs game and David Ross actually hit his first ever career home run off him. LOL.

I love when managers plug in a position players in blowouts like this.
Menechino pitched the other day for the Jays in a blow out loss

Old
09-02-2004, 12:24 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness
Dunno, still Googling, but if there was a bigger loss than 22-0, it may have been before 1900. All the searches keep popping up with the Yankees loss to the Indians. :lol
Great, great avator.

Old
09-02-2004, 10:24 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Only counts as one game and sometimes this ends up waking up a sleeping giant. At least i hope so.

Btw has anyone noticed the indians have no shot at making the playoffs? does that deserve its own thread?
Don't turn this around. The Yankees got an all-time, once-in-a-lifetime whooping by a team with no shot. 22-0.

All I have to say is:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Old
09-02-2004, 12:48 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Don't turn this around. The Yankees got an all-time, once-in-a-lifetime whooping by a team with no shot. 22-0.

All I have to say is:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Big deal. whats the differance between losing by one run or 22? hey what team has the best record in the american league i can't find it anywhere

Old
09-02-2004, 01:13 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Big deal. whats the differance between losing by one run or 22?
21 runs?

Old
09-02-2004, 01:20 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Quote:
21 runs?
Yankee math sucks. :lol I guess that is how you get a 180 million dollar payroll. What's the difference between 1 million and 22 million?

Old
09-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy Version 1.3
Yankee math sucks. :lol I guess that is how you get a 180 million dollar payroll. What's the difference between 1 million and 22 million?
it counts the same in the box score. but this is what you get when your team is in 6 of the past 8 world series classless fans from boston and canada talking trash over one game.

Great boston is hot and the yankees have struggled but during that time the yankees are still in first place the blue jays are right where they are going to be for a long time last place and texas and cleveland have seen there pipe dream playoff hopes go up in smoke.

i can't wait for the postseason to see my beloved yankees once again climb the highest summit in pro sports. i can't wait to once again defeat the red sox in a playoff series and just like last year laugh at the news reports of people crying in the steets of boston.

Last edited by Son of Steinbrenner: 09-02-2004 at 01:33 PM.
Old
09-02-2004, 01:48 PM
DocHolliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanlambert
(McCarty)He's pitched twice this year (I'm pretty sure). He's been perfect in every outing.
I'm not sure about pitching twice, but he got knocked around by the Jays in April. He's been far from perfect. Kevin ".180" Cash ripped a bases loaded double over the centrefielders head IIRC.

Old
09-02-2004, 01:55 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
it counts the same in the box score. but this is what you get when your team is in 6 of the past 8 world series classless fans from boston and canada talking trash over one game.

Great boston is hot and the yankees have struggled but during that time the yankees are still in first place the blue jays are right where they are going to be for a long time last place and texas and cleveland have seen there pipe dream playoff hopes go up in smoke.

i can't wait for the postseason to see my beloved yankees once again climb the highest summit in pro sports. i can't wait to once again defeat the red sox in a playoff series and just like last year laugh at the news reports of people crying in the steets of boston.
you talk about the playoffs like they are a sure thing

Old
09-02-2004, 02:05 PM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
The playoffs are not a sure thing. The Red Sox offense has been sizzling, and the Yankees have been playing very poorly. With I believe it was 7 games left vs. BOS, NYY might not be going and I would love seeing them crying their hearts out. 180 million can't even get you a definite playoff spot by September.

And as for a team with no shot: The Indians weren't even expected to contend and they were within 1 game at one time in August. A .500 season is a massive stepping stone for the franchise. No respect for a team in the top 5 in nearly every offensive category.

Old
09-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Yankees will make the playoffs, people who don't believe that are delusional.

Old
09-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaBoot
ROFL!!!!!!
Thanks for the reminder of that sanctimonius thread..........
god still took two of three from cleveland.

btw i love how red sox fans have something to say. does anybody remember the yankees beating the red sox 22-1 at fenway on june 19 2001? i guess not but most red sox fans on this board started following the team last year anyway.

Last edited by Son of Steinbrenner: 09-02-2004 at 08:59 PM.
Old
09-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Quote:
Big deal the red sox have been hot for three weeks lets see them take over first place before we crown them champions of anything. lets see the yankees lose 8 games in the standings before you say they aren't a sure thing. the yankees are all about winning something the indians and there fans know NOTHING about. indians fans would have to be suicidal to think they had a shot to make the playoffs this year and they were a nice little story. I'm glad one game for them makes up for a season that will finish much like the past 60 without a world series.
Really? That's news to me. Contrary to your idiot beliefs are a biased Yankee fan, the Indians did win 6 straight Central Division titles with a team that they BUILT FROM THEIR FARM SYSTEM. Where's that in the Yankee accomplishments file? We know nothing about winning, fine. We do know something about true fans. Did you sell out 455 consecutive home games? I didn't think so. I'm sorry that we never had millions of dollars by *****ing over our own fans by forcing them to buy a specific cable network to watch their team. And it makes us suicidal to dream? I guess I'm suicidal for dreaming that the intellect of a Yankee fan might just have the capacity to realize that there's more to baseball than pinstripes.

Old
09-02-2004, 09:58 PM
Chaos
And the winner is...

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:

Mods....exactly what does that bold part have to do with the post he quoted? Nothing..its just another attempt to troll and start a flame war by some kid who seems to keep getting away with it...why?

Old
09-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
Mods....exactly what does that bold part have to do with the post he quoted? Nothing..its just another attempt to troll and start a flame war by some kid who seems to keep getting away with it...why?
so its ok to bash the yankees but when somebody points out a fact that cleveland and texas are out of the playoff race its not ok?

Old
09-02-2004, 10:16 PM
Chaos
And the winner is...

Quote:
so its ok to bash the yankees but when somebody points out a fact that cleveland and texas are out of the playoff race its not ok?
First off, Texas isnt officially out of the playoff race..I dont know about Cleveland thoug..they probably are...but that had absolutely NOTHING to do with the post you quoted, yet you put it in there for the sole reason of trolling and starting a war. Why? Anyone else does that, and they get their posts deleted and/or eventually banned..yet you seem to constantly get away with it....

Old
09-02-2004, 10:41 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
First off, Texas isnt officially out of the playoff race..I dont know about Cleveland thoug..they probably are...but that had absolutely NOTHING to do with the post you quoted, yet you put it in there for the sole reason of trolling and starting a war. Why? Anyone else does that, and they get their posts deleted and/or eventually banned..yet you seem to constantly get away with it....
i didn't quote it to troll and someone that curses in every thread shouldn't suggest anybody get banned. ignore me if you don't like what i have to say. The FACT is texas is not going to make the playoffs and i was simply pointing out that fans that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. why is it that its ok to bash the yankees in almost every thread but when a yankees fan defends the team they should be banned?

i was simply pointing out to the person that posted that there are other teams to bash and those teams (the fading rangers and the dead indians) are an easier and more logical target.

Old
09-02-2004, 11:34 PM
Chaos
And the winner is...

Quote:
i didn't quote it to troll and someone that curses in every thread shouldn't suggest anybody get banned. ignore me if you don't like what i have to say. The FACT is texas is not going to make the playoffs and i was simply pointing out that fans that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. why is it that its ok to bash the yankees in almost every thread but when a yankees fan defends the team they should be banned?

i was simply pointing out to the person that posted that there are other teams to bash and those teams (the fading rangers and the dead indians) are an easier and more logical target.
You just dont get it....why bring up Texas or Cleveland in response to a post that makes no mention of either of those teams? There is absolutely NO REASON for it...and btw..I do not believe cursing can get you banned...thats what the filter is for..however this can get you banned:

f) Posting (aka trolling) for the specific purpose of inflaming other users will result in loss of posting priviledges

Seems like you do that one an awful lot.

Old
09-03-2004, 12:37 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Quote:

It's not a fact that they are out of the race. It's mathematically still possible for them to qualify for the playoffs.

It's only FACT when are OFFICIALLY ELIMINATED. Anything before that is opinion and hearsay.

Closed Thread