Yankees Lose 22-0 To The Indians

Closed Thread

Old
09-03-2004, 01:23 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
You just dont get it....why bring up Texas or Cleveland in response to a post that makes no mention of either of those teams? There is absolutely NO REASON for it...and btw..I do not believe cursing can get you banned...thats what the filter is for..however this can get you banned:

f) Posting (aka trolling) for the specific purpose of inflaming other users will result in loss of posting priviledgesSeems like you do that one an awful lot.
you mean like this
Quote:
Someone is getting their ***** handed to them 15-0 tonight, and I know its not the "red sux", who are about to pull within 3 1/2 of the yankee$.
wasn't the title of this thread about how good the yankees are? don't you think this is intended to inflame and insight posters? do you want to quote rules that you don't follow?
But if you really want to talk about breaking the rules maybe you missed these?
[B]c) Posts that contain what the moderators consider vulgar language. If you wouldn't say it in front of a 5 year old, don't say it here. Offensive avatars and sig lines are also included.
d) Any post that circumvents the obscenity filter by using characters in combination with letters. Examples are sh!t, , ****, F@@@ etc... Putting ALL characters such as @#^@@ is okay though. The obscenity filter is not all inclusive so don't assume that if it's not in the filter, it can't be considered obscene.
B]

wouldn't cursing at somebody be considered trolling?

Quote:
Im sorry...were you spitting more of your nervous ******** again.
or
Quote:
Hey you do know theres other smilies besides the one you've used about 8,000 times now....most 26 year olds dont act like you..thats all...and as much as I enjoy seeing you make an ass out of yourself, its time to ignore you, before you say some stupid **** that causes me to respond in a way that gets me banned.
or
Quote:
And that is my only issue with you. If you want to cheer for the Yankee$, fine, I have no problem with that. Its the way you talk down to the fans of all the other teams, such as bringing up the Rangers in 96, 98, 99 in a thread about DEREK JETER, or consantly saying "I hope the Rangers/Indians make the playoffs, we need an easy/cakewalk first round"...but what really gets me is how in nearly every MLB related thread, you feel the need to bring the Red Sox into it, even if they have absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand(and Im actually quite surprised, you havent done that here....maybe a sign of progress, but more likely just a coincidence). Theres a difference between being a fan and being a cocky ****. You dont see me talking about how Seattle is like 23 games out in the AL West..theres no other reason other than trolling to try and start a war.
or
Quote:
So I have to be from Dallas to be a Cowboys fan? Thats complete and utter ********. I was raised a Cowboys fan in San Francisco....And not once have I called you a 'frontrunner'....I've only called you a bandwagoner...theres a difference that most people with the intelligence of a 16 year old could see. As I said before, there are plenty of people who are fans of teams that dont play where they live..
Quote:
t the mods have to know what you think about there cursing policy i mean you did have this gem
The filters are here for a reason...so get over a few curse words that you cant even see...they arent gonna hurt you

And you said that, not me......
but thinking the rules don't apply to you doesn't stop

Quote:
Cursing doesnt show immaturity...as a matter of fact, when used correctly it shows maturity...excuse me for using my 1st Amendment right to say whatever the **** I want. As I said before, its not like your even seeing the curse words Im saying..thats what the filter is here for. I can say whatever I want, and you wont see it.
U want to talk about why i should be banned you don't care if you break the rules. i didn't troll in this thread all i did was defend my team. like i said before its okay to bash the yankees but when somebody defends them there trolling. thankfully you are not a mod.

Old
09-03-2004, 02:08 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
you talk about the playoffs like they are a sure thing
the playoffs are sure thing for the yankees. who is in first place? who has the best record in the american league? who would need to lose 8 games in the standings to the angels in 32 days to not make the playoffs?

Old
09-03-2004, 02:11 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brownstone
The playoffs are not a sure thing. The Red Sox offense has been sizzling, and the Yankees have been playing very poorly. With I believe it was 7 games left vs. BOS, NYY might not be going and I would love seeing them crying their hearts out. 180 million can't even get you a definite playoff spot by September.

And as for a team with no shot: The Indians weren't even expected to contend and they were within 1 game at one time in August. A .500 season is a massive stepping stone for the franchise. No respect for a team in the top 5 in nearly every offensive category.
Big deal the red sox have been hot for three weeks lets see them take over first place before we crown them champions of anything. lets see the yankees lose 8 games in the standings before you say they aren't a sure thing. the yankees are all about winning something the indians and there fans know NOTHING about. indians fans would have to be suicidal to think they had a shot to make the playoffs this year and they were a nice little story. I'm glad one game for them makes up for a season that will finish much like the past 60 without a world series.

Old
09-03-2004, 02:49 AM
BubbaBoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothskater
WOW!! God sure aint perfect :lol
ROFL!!!!!!
Thanks for the reminder of that sanctimonius thread..........

Old
09-03-2004, 07:26 AM
Eat It

This thread got a little off track.

Worst shutout in MLB since 1900 (tied).

WOW.

At least now we know two things.

1. There is a benevolent God.

2. It's not the Yankees.

Old
09-03-2004, 09:19 AM
Chaos
And the winner is...

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
you mean like this

wasn't the title of this thread about how good the yankees are? don't you think this is intended to inflame and insight posters? do you want to quote rules that you don't follow?
But if you really want to talk about breaking the rules maybe you missed these?
c) Posts that contain what the moderators consider vulgar language. If you wouldn't say it in front of a 5 year old, don't say it here. Offensive avatars and sig lines are also included.
d) Any post that circumvents the obscenity filter by using characters in combination with letters. Examples are sh!t, , ****, F@@@ etc... Putting ALL characters such as @#^@@ is okay though. The obscenity filter is not all inclusive so don't assume that if it's not in the filter, it can't be considered obscene.

wouldn't cursing at somebody be considered trolling?
but thinking the rules don't apply to you doesn't stop

U want to talk about why i should be banned you don't care if you break the rules. i didn't troll in this thread all i did was defend my team. like i said before its okay to bash the yankees but when somebody defends them there trolling. thankfully you are not a mod.
Yes the title of the thread was about how great the Yankees supposedly are..but that lasted about 5 posts...the rest of it was about bashing the Yankees..you've admitted that yourself....And I was simply stating a FACT. At the time, the Yankees were losing 15-0, and since the thread had turned into Yankee bashing, that fit right in.

Any post that circumvents the obscenity filter by using characters in combination with letters. Please point out to me where I did this. Anything I said was blocked by the filter, and I knew that...thats why I went ahead and said what I said. And like I've said before....you can defend the Yankees all you want...but there is no reason to bring in other teams when they have absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. You still have failed to adress that simple point. Why, when quoting this post by MacDaddy " Yankee math sucks. I guess that is how you get a 180 million dollar payroll. What's the difference between 1 million and 22 million? " do you feel its necessary to say "the blue jays are right where they are going to be for a long time last place and texas and cleveland have seen there pipe dream playoff hopes go up in smoke." What purpose is there for that?

Last edited by Chaos: 09-03-2004 at 09:23 AM.
Old
09-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Belgian Fan

At HF we usually leave the moderating to the mods.

Hereby this thread is closed and those who deserved it will get warnings and whatever else is deemed necessary.

Closed Thread