HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Boulton (NJ) just dropped Murray (SJ)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-22-2011, 05:43 PM
  #51
Fighter
Playoffs train wreck
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Trieste, Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,171
vCash: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
No, he wasn't. He got off balanced and a hard punch knocked him down. He wasn't out for any amount of time. AT ALL.
Off balanced my ass, he went down like a sack of bricks. TKO.

Fighter is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 05:58 PM
  #52
Clowe Me
Registered User
 
Clowe Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 530
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 35,813
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
Off balanced my ass, he went down like a sack of bricks. TKO.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/games/20...11921697155508

So having both feet off the ground while leaning forward throwing a pucnh is good balance? Gotcha.

Edit: And the yahoo caption is stupid. His feet were off the ground before he got hit

Clowe Me is online now  
Old
10-22-2011, 07:19 PM
  #53
3rdManIn
Put'n on the foil!
 
3rdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South East,Ga,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 376
vCash: 500
I guess Murray should leave the enforcing up to a enforcer.

Good TKO Boults!!

EDIT:After watching again,good knock down Boults.


Last edited by 3rdManIn: 10-25-2011 at 01:07 PM.
3rdManIn is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 07:23 PM
  #54
GreatGonzo
Registered Derp
 
GreatGonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 4,235
vCash: 500
I think people in this thread forget that they are on ice skates...on ice....and using their weight to throw punches. Getting punched while your feet are off the ground is surely going to make you fall. There was no TKO here, Murray got back up as fast as he fell. He could have kept going.

GreatGonzo is online now  
Old
10-23-2011, 09:26 AM
  #55
Zsswimmer
Registered User
 
Zsswimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
I remember when Boulton was starting a bunch of stuff towards the end of Pens/Thrashers game a few years ago. He was throwing shots at a couple non-fighters at the whistle and he was challenged by Godard who was also out there. He wouldn't go, and then he continued going after other players in the scrum. Godard challenged hin again and he still refused, so Boris Valabik stepped in for him. Valabik ended up with a shoulder injury from the fight. Basically because Boulton started crap in a game where his team was down 6-1 or something like that, one of his teammates got hurt because he wouldn't answer the bell. That's pretty much the exact opposite of what an enforcer should be doing and I haven't really thought very much of him since.





Zsswimmer is offline  
Old
10-23-2011, 11:03 AM
  #56
dfk711*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Finland
Posts: 20,086
vCash: 500
What a shot by Boulton

dfk711* is offline  
Old
10-24-2011, 08:45 AM
  #57
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 52,830
vCash: 1020
Eric Boulton is the man. No need to trash the guy just because he posterized your player.

tarheelhockey is online now  
Old
10-24-2011, 10:54 AM
  #58
Clowe Me
Registered User
 
Clowe Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 530
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 35,813
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Eric Boulton is the man. No need to trash the guy just because he posterized your player.
Find a post in this thread by a Sharks fan bashing him. It's been fans of other teams.

EdIt: Saw a post of someone posting a suspension he got. Not really trashing the guy.

Clowe Me is online now  
Old
10-24-2011, 11:05 AM
  #59
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 15,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Boulton might be the best fighter in the league. Love that guy.
Yup...He's awesome!

AtlantaWhaler is online now  
Old
10-24-2011, 01:16 PM
  #60
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 52,830
vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me
Find a post in this thread by a Sharks fan bashing him. It's been fans of other teams.
Well, we can start with your first post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
Why even let a nothing like Boulton take you off the ice, Murray?
Then there's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luiginb View Post
I just lost a lot of respect for Boulton.

1. If your opponent drops the helmet, you're an a-hole if you keep yours on.

2. He also punched Murray on his way down.

3. Taking a run at Dan Boyle of all people. Seriously?
And finally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkLoc91 View Post
He is respected? The same guy who doesn't take his helmet off and does these kinds of hits...
So yeah, that's 3 Sharks fans trying to find a reason to talk badly about Boulton after a completely clean fight.


Last edited by doubleminor138: 10-26-2011 at 11:27 AM. Reason: removed derogatory comment
tarheelhockey is online now  
Old
10-24-2011, 01:40 PM
  #61
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500


SJ players always take their helmet off to fight.


Last edited by The Underboss: 10-24-2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Fixed YT link
Gary83* is offline  
Old
10-24-2011, 01:54 PM
  #62
LiveeviL
No unique points
 
LiveeviL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,698
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroDan View Post
Ivy league stays classy.

LiveeviL is offline  
Old
10-24-2011, 02:17 PM
  #63
GreatGonzo
Registered Derp
 
GreatGonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 4,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Well, we can start with your first post...



Then there's...



And finally...



So yeah, that's 3 ********** Sharks fans trying to find a reason to talk badly about Boulton after a completely clean fight.
lol, how was my post trashing him? He did one of the dirtiest hits i have ever seen. Yet he is "well respected?". Seems he got more respect for winning this fight against Murray more than anyone else since everyone is praising him now.

Most fighters take off their helmets anyway. Its the funny how your getting Butt hurt about people talking bad about Boulton, so why even mention it? Your doing the same thing. Plus i dont recall anyone saying Murray won or that Boulton loss, its the people saying along the lines of "OH MY GOD! GET KNOCKED OUT!" that are the idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post


SJ players always take their helmet off to fight.
Nice white box. Your point?


Last edited by The Underboss: 10-24-2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Fixed YT Link.
GreatGonzo is online now  
Old
10-24-2011, 02:51 PM
  #64
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 52,830
vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkLoc91 View Post
lol, how was my post trashing him?
A hit 6 years ago has nothing to do with anything. The only reason to bring it up was to direct the conversation against Boulton. Someone says they respect him, that's their opinion, not a call to dig up dirt and make him out to be a bad guy.

Quote:
Its the funny how your getting Butt hurt about people talking bad about Boulton, so why even mention it? Your doing the same thing.
Sorry, I don't speak gibberish.

tarheelhockey is online now  
Old
10-24-2011, 02:58 PM
  #65
GreatGonzo
Registered Derp
 
GreatGonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 4,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
A hit 6 years ago has nothing to do with anything. The only reason to bring it up was to direct the conversation against Boulton. Someone says they respect him, that's their opinion, not a call to dig up dirt and make him out to be a bad guy.



Sorry, I don't speak gibberish.
"well respected player". That was the term. I showed that video showing how he isn't. Did i ever say the following?..
-He is a bad fighter
-He is dirty
-He sucks
-He didn't win the fight

No, i didn't. This whole argument that your trying to show that i am trashing him in this thread and making him out to be the bad guy is your opinion, and only yours.

Gibberish? Can you not make out words. I clearly said that you are getting butt hurt reading people's opinions about Boulton, yet you are telling people off for getting butt hurt over the comments about Murray. Sound it out carefully and try not to hurt yourself.

GreatGonzo is online now  
Old
10-24-2011, 03:10 PM
  #66
TheGooooch
Registered User
 
TheGooooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 18,208
vCash: 500
Having your helmet on when your opponent takes his off is a cheap move IMO. Murray takes his off for the visor but a heavyweight like Boulton should respect it enough to take his off as well. That is a ton of protection in the fight and was pretty bush league.

And Murray gets right back up. Guy is a tank

TheGooooch is offline  
Old
10-24-2011, 03:14 PM
  #67
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 52,830
vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkLoc91 View Post
"well respected player". That was the term. I showed that video showing how he isn't.

No, i didn't. This whole argument that your trying to show that i am trashing him in this thread and making him out to be the bad guy is your opinion, and only yours.
So you posted a video to show how he isn't a respectable player, but you weren't trying to make him out to be a bad guy.

Got it.

Quote:
Gibberish? Can you not make out words. I clearly said that you are getting butt hurt reading people's opinions about Boulton, yet you are telling people off for getting butt hurt over the comments about Murray. Sound it out carefully and try not to hurt yourself.
Carefully avoiding contractions now I see

And another Sharks fan comes in with "cheap move" and "bush league". I think the point is proven.

tarheelhockey is online now  
Old
10-24-2011, 04:10 PM
  #68
Szechwan
Plug Life.
 
Szechwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 2,996
vCash: 500
Murray wasn't knocked out, but his knees certainly buckled. There is a middle ground you know guys- it's not always a knockout or a slip.

Szechwan is offline  
Old
10-24-2011, 05:03 PM
  #69
TheGooooch
Registered User
 
TheGooooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 18,208
vCash: 500
How about you comment about my point rather than about the team I am a fan of?

I didn't say he was a dirty player, just didn't like the move.

TheGooooch is offline  
Old
10-24-2011, 05:12 PM
  #70
GreatGonzo
Registered Derp
 
GreatGonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 4,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
So you posted a video to show how he isn't a respectable player, but you weren't trying to make him out to be a bad guy.

Got it.



Carefully avoiding contractions now I see

And another Sharks fan comes in with "cheap move" and "bush league". I think the point is proven.
You have yet to show me how he is so respected.

I'm so sorry, you're? Is that better? Its sad when people have to resort to correcting grammar to get a point across

It is cheap to some people. Murray took his helmet off, Boulton didn't. Why? He certainly had time to, yet didn't. Sorry people have an opinion you don't agree with, but it isn't an outrages one. Murray goes in for a hay maker, gets caught with a punch, he falls while mid air on his back. Gets right back up, not a scratch on him. Murray actually smiling after the play. Win to Boulton. Does that pretty much cover it?

GreatGonzo is online now  
Old
10-24-2011, 05:38 PM
  #71
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor
 
DungeonK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luiginb View Post
I just lost a lot of respect for Boulton.

1. If your opponent drops the helmet, you're an a-hole if you keep yours on.

2. He also punched Murray on his way down.

3. Taking a run at Dan Boyle of all people. Seriously?

Other than that, he KO'd a non-fighter, not such a big deal. I mean Clutterbuck is also one of the best hitters in the game, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's also a fighter.

DungeonK is offline  
Old
10-24-2011, 05:39 PM
  #72
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor
 
DungeonK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luiginb View Post
I just lost a lot of respect for Boulton.

1. If your opponent drops the helmet, you're an a-hole if you keep yours on.

2. He also punched Murray on his way down.

3. Taking a run at Dan Boyle of all people. Seriously?

Other than that, he KO'd a non-fighter, not such a big deal. I mean Clutterbuck is also one of the best hitters in the game, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's also a fighter.

DungeonK is offline  
Old
10-24-2011, 06:54 PM
  #73
AbsolonMoreau*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
What does Semin have to do with Boulton and what is this video supposed to show?

AbsolonMoreau* is offline  
Old
10-24-2011, 08:03 PM
  #74
GreatGonzo
Registered Derp
 
GreatGonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 4,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau View Post
What does Semin have to do with Boulton and what is this video supposed to show?
for some odd reason, he's attempting to show how Boyle went after Semin, proving(at least i think) that Boulton going after Boyle doesn't matter because Boyle goes after guys like Semin?

GreatGonzo is online now  
Old
10-25-2011, 04:13 AM
  #75
3rdManIn
Put'n on the foil!
 
3rdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South East,Ga,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 376
vCash: 500
I've read that several top enforcers said that if the helmet gets ripped off is one thing,but to remove it before a fight,no way.Why,so you can get knocked on your ass and crack your skull open?

So,the whole "remove your helmet because he did" point is irrelevant.Unless of course you would like to take a try at doing what these guys do for a living in which case your opinion would then be relevant?

3rdManIn is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.