HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Boulton (NJ) just dropped Murray (SJ)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-26-2011, 10:51 AM
  #101
The Expert
Registered Expert
 
The Expert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Jersey
Posts: 11,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
You wear helmets for a reason. Boulton has never been a guy to remove his helmet, because he hasn't needed to. He doesn't wear a visor so there is no point in putting yourself at risk to bust your head open.
Is this supposed to be an explanation? It's the code, when a guy takes off his helmet, it's expected that the other fighter will take his off too. Happens in the AHL, even in the CHL guys make a deal to remove each others' helmets before the fight since they can't remove their own. It doesn't make you a popular guy, but Boulton never has been outside of Atlanta anyways probably for that and other reasons.

The Expert is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 11:20 AM
  #102
GreatGonzo
Registered Derp
 
GreatGonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 1,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
That says something about your memory, doesn't it?



Oh, I'm not calling out a fanbase. I pointed out the 3-4 sore losers in this thread, one of whom is visibly having a hard time letting it go.
Go through every post in this thread, i never have seen and still don't see "respect" anywhere.

It's funny how you think we are "sore losers", We only came in to correct the people that dont know the difference between a knock out and knock down. If anyone needs to let it go, its you. You're so fixated on trying to prove how "sore" we are, yet we have clearly accepted that it was a loss. Murray has lost before so it isn't the end of the world. If anything, you're getting sore.

I have openly acknowledged that Murray lost, and i have never said that Boulton is a bad fighter, or that he lost this. The whole helmet issue is a reasonable thing to get upset over. Especially for an experience fighter like Boulton. If you think i am being a sore loser because i think he isn't respected, and that it was a clear knock down, not out. Then so be it, but that just shows you dont know what a "sore Loser" is.


Last edited by GreatGonzo: 10-26-2011 at 11:27 AM.
GreatGonzo is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 11:46 AM
  #103
Danish Pastry
this is dream!
 
Danish Pastry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,685
vCash: 500
murray got knocked down it is what it is... great punch by boulton and i have 0 problem with him not taking his helmet off... it is so risky in a fight you can fall and crack your skull open...

Danish Pastry is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 12:05 PM
  #104
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
Is this supposed to be an explanation? It's the code, when a guy takes off his helmet, it's expected that the other fighter will take his off too. Happens in the AHL, even in the CHL guys make a deal to remove each others' helmets before the fight since they can't remove their own. It doesn't make you a popular guy, but Boulton never has been outside of Atlanta anyways probably for that and other reasons.
He played in Buffalo for four seasons before Atlanta.

I agree with the folks saying the helmet will protect against his head bouncing off the ice, code or not.

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 12:27 PM
  #105
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 24,473
vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
Is this supposed to be an explanation? It's the code, when a guy takes off his helmet, it's expected that the other fighter will take his off too. Happens in the AHL, even in the CHL guys make a deal to remove each others' helmets before the fight since they can't remove their own. It doesn't make you a popular guy, but Boulton never has been outside of Atlanta anyways probably for that and other reasons.
Are you illiterate? Yes, that's why he kept his helmet on. It's not that hard to figure out. Murray took his off because he wears a visor. Most guys that fight often don't wear visors so they can keep their helmet on.

How many guys that don't wear visors do you think actually take them off before fights?

BigTuna49 is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 12:34 PM
  #106
The Expert
Registered Expert
 
The Expert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Jersey
Posts: 11,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
He played in Buffalo for four seasons before Atlanta.
And was let go for Andrew Peters. My point exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Are you illiterate?
Does my location say Georgia? No need to be a *****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
How many guys that don't wear visors do you think actually take them off before fights?
Plenty. Are you seriously admitting that you don't see that happen often?

Sure didn't have to search hard, hope this doesn't hit too close to home:


The Expert is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 12:56 PM
  #107
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 24,473
vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
Does my location say Georgia? No need to be a *****.



Plenty. Are you seriously admitting that you don't see that happen often?

Sure didn't have to search hard, hope this doesn't hit too close to home:

Really? I thought my point was rather clear. Your calling me a ***** because you weren't able to read clearly. Funny.

Ok, that's ONE. You really think it happens more often then not?

BigTuna49 is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 01:01 PM
  #108
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
And was let go for Andrew Peters. My point exactly.
Because goons always carry such high value.

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 01:03 PM
  #109
The Expert
Registered Expert
 
The Expert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Jersey
Posts: 11,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Really? I thought my point was rather clear. Your calling me a ***** because you weren't able to read clearly. Funny.
What point? You had none. My argument was that it's against the code, when a guy sheds the lid you're supposed to too. That goes for people who wear visors and who don't. If one guy takes his off, the other usually does and should too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Ok, that's ONE. You really think it happens more often then not?
Depends what you're asking.

What happens more often do you think: both guys take off their helmets OR one guy takes his off and the other guy decides not to.

If you say the latter, you're wrong.

The Expert is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 01:07 PM
  #110
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 37,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkLoc91 View Post
Go through every post in this thread, i never have seen and still don't see "respect" anywhere.
Are you serious?

Really?

Go look at YOUR posts and see who you were quoting.

tarheelhockey is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 01:09 PM
  #111
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 37,235
vCash: 500
I only remember this one because it was so high-profile.



Thornton goes to take his helmet off. Cooke is like, "um, no". Thornton is like "ok then" and they continue.

Pretty simple, really. Nobody is forced to take it off if they don't want. The RULES dictate that a player with a visor takes his lid off if he initiates a fight.

tarheelhockey is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 01:16 PM
  #112
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 24,473
vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
What point? You had none. My argument was that it's against the code, when a guy sheds the lid you're supposed to too. That goes for people who wear visors and who don't. If one guy takes his off, the other usually does and should too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
You wear helmets for a reason. Boulton has never been a guy to remove his helmet, because he hasn't needed to. He doesn't wear a visor so there is no point in putting yourself at risk to bust your head open.
Pretty dam straight forward if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
Depends what you're asking.

What happens more often do you think: both guys take off their helmets OR one guy takes his off and the other guy decides not to.

If you say the latter, you're wrong.
I'd answer you, but you seem to not quite understand what I'm saying, so I won't waste my time.

BigTuna49 is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 01:27 PM
  #113
Clowe Me
Registered User
 
Clowe Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 530
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 23,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
That says something about your memory, doesn't it?



Oh, I'm not calling out a fanbase. I pointed out the 3-4 sore losers in this thread, one of whom is visibly having a hard time letting it go.
You continue to throw insults out there, but continue to not respond to my post. Boulton is a nothing of a hockey player. Fact. Him taking a top-4 defenseman for the Sharks off the ice for 5 minutes is a win for his team reguardless of the fight results. Saying so doesn't make me bitter or sore or whatever lame insult you try to come up with.

Clowe Me is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 01:40 PM
  #114
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 37,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
You continue to throw insults out there, but continue to not respond to my post. Boulton is a nothing of a hockey player. Fact. Him taking a top-4 defenseman for the Sharks off the ice for 5 minutes is a win for his team reguardless of the fight results. Saying so doesn't make me bitter or sore or whatever lame insult you try to come up with.
Sure, you don't sound sore at all.

tarheelhockey is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 01:44 PM
  #115
Clowe Me
Registered User
 
Clowe Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 530
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 23,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Sure, you don't sound sore at all.
Really? That is your response?

Is Boulton anywhere near as valuable of a hockey player as Murray? That's what I thought.

Clowe Me is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 01:47 PM
  #116
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 24,473
vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
Really? That is your response?

Is Boulton anywhere near as valuable of a hockey player as Murray? That's what I thought.
Really? What does that have to do with the whole helmet issue? Starting to reach for whatever you can now are we?

BigTuna49 is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 01:48 PM
  #117
Clowe Me
Registered User
 
Clowe Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 530
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 23,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Really? What does that have to do with the whole helmet issue? Starting to reach for whatever you can now are we?
Look back at my posts, Chief. I've made no comments about the helmet thing and I don't have an issue with Boulton keeping his on.

Clowe Me is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 01:51 PM
  #118
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 24,473
vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
Look back at my posts, Chief. I've made no comments about the helmet thing and I don't have an issue with Boulton keeping his on.
And who exactly has said that Murray isn't a more valuable player then a 4th line fighter?

EDIT: Scratch that. I see it came up last page. It still has nothing to do with what "tarheelhockey" is saying. He's been discussing the helmet issue.

BigTuna49 is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 01:58 PM
  #119
Clowe Me
Registered User
 
Clowe Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 530
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 23,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
And who exactly has said that Murray isn't a more valuable player then a 4th line fighter?

EDIT: Scratch that. I see it came up last page. It still has nothing to do with what "tarheelhockey" is saying. He's been discussing the helmet issue.
He said I "trashed" Boulton when I called him a nothing of a hockey player, which is true.

Murray lost the fight, I never said he didn't. He was caught off balance and got a punch in the cheek. It happens. That didin't make me upset. What bothered me was the fact that a player who is useless outside of fighting took one of the Sharks top-D men off for 5 minutes.

Clowe Me is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 02:00 PM
  #120
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 19,187
vCash: 500
You know what this thread is really? A bunch of devils fans trying to find an excuse to be happy about having a goon on their team and having a blast baiting Sharks fans about it.

How about we leave at this: I would much rather have Murray on my team than Boulton. That fight means nothing, and New Jersey still lost the game to boot.

hockeyball is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 02:14 PM
  #121
The Expert
Registered Expert
 
The Expert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Jersey
Posts: 11,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Pretty dam straight forward if you ask me.

I'd answer you, but you seem to not quite understand what I'm saying, so I won't waste my time.
I understand what you're saying, it's just completely irrelevant and useless to the discussion (no offence). I couldn't care less about safety issues with helmets, that's not what the discussion is about. It's about a common understanding in hockey, when an opponent takes off his helmet you do the same. It's about respect.

The reason you didn't answer me is because you know I'm right. It's much, much more common to see both guys shed the lids than only one while the other keeps his on.

Thanks to whoever posted the Cooke-Thornton fight to back me up, as Cooke was criticized heavily for not taking his helmet off, much like Boulton in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Your calling me a ***** because you weren't able to read clearly. Funny.
Understanding the difference between your and you're should be a pre-requisite to criticizing the literacy of another poster.


Last edited by The Expert: 10-26-2011 at 02:56 PM.
The Expert is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 02:17 PM
  #122
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
You know what this thread is really? A bunch of devils fans trying to find an excuse to be happy about having a goon on their team and having a blast baiting Sharks fans about it.

How about we leave at this: I would much rather have Murray on my team than Boulton. That fight means nothing, and New Jersey still lost the game to boot.
Don't forget adding that Murray got put on his ass with one punch which is what this thread was about in the first place.

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 02:24 PM
  #123
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 19,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Don't forget adding that Murray got put on his ass with one punch which is what this thread was about in the first place.
I prefer winning the game to winning a fight. Again, I'd take Murray over Boulton on my team, and so would you. Boulton is a dime a dozen and that fight, like most fights, didn't mean a damn thing. Sharks still won the game.

How did the Devils do last season by the way? Oh that's right... didn't make the playoffs... I bet Boulton would have been the difference!

hockeyball is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 02:44 PM
  #124
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 37,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
Really? That is your response?
Yep. You seem quite content with the outcome of the fight. Not sore at all, no sir.

Quote:
He said I "trashed" Boulton when I called him a nothing of a hockey player, which is true.
Doesn't sound like trashing to me. Nope. Completely unrelated factual thought that coincidentally comes off as defensiveness. But isn't. No sir.

tarheelhockey is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 02:48 PM
  #125
GreatGonzo
Registered Derp
 
GreatGonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 1,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
I only remember this one because it was so high-profile.



Thornton goes to take his helmet off. Cooke is like, "um, no". Thornton is like "ok then" and they continue.

Pretty simple, really. Nobody is forced to take it off if they don't want. The RULES dictate that a player with a visor takes his lid off if he initiates a fight.
I will be the first to admit that My statements about taking off helmets was out of frustration. I do agree with you, but there still are many who disagree with not taking them off. It is understandable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Are you serious?

Really?

Go look at YOUR posts and see who you were quoting.
what? I haven't quoted anyone. I was asking for you to provide me with anyone who said he was respected, besides yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Yep. You seem quite content with the outcome of the fight. Not sore at all, no sir.



Doesn't sound like trashing to me. Nope. Completely unrelated factual thought that coincidentally comes off as defensiveness. But isn't. No sir.
Your responses continue to amaze me. Your whole attitude that every single sharks fan here is sooo sore because Boulton got in a punch that Murray pratically hand wrapped his face for, and ended up knocking him down. Its actually amusing, whenever someone response to you, its always "Oh, your just sore." That is all you have to contribute, "your just sore." If anything YOU'RE the sore one in this thread, complaining and accusing every Sharks fan in this thread because you dont like our opinions(which are, for the most part, true).

Can't wait to here the response to this post. It most likely will say how "sore" i am.


Last edited by GreatGonzo: 10-26-2011 at 02:57 PM.
GreatGonzo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.