HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Al Davis "Just win Baby"-Toronto Maple Leafs Vs Montreal Canadiens 10.22.11

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2011, 12:36 PM
robdicks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
If they weren't like robots in whatever system JM is trying to use then yeah it might be a little exciting.. As it is now watching the Habs skate around most nights could be a cure for insomnia. Lets face it the Habs are a boring team to watch.
I'm going to have to agree with this. Obviously my opinion is bias, but to me even their long playoff run a couple years back was pretty boring hockey. That's Martin's game. He just tries to slow everything down and play sound defensive hockey. Obviously that playoff run was exciting for you guys , but I didn't think it was exciting hockey.

Leafs play an exciting brand, but in the last few years it has not been successful at all obviously. I would prefer dull, winning hockey to exciting losing hockey for sure though.

Anyways regardless of the system Toronto or Montreal plays, and regardless of the teams' respective records, Leafs-Habs games are always exciting, so good (but mostly bad) luck tonight, and hopefully we are in for a good one.

Old
10-22-2011, 12:36 PM
CGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
4-0 leaf. All eyes on Martin for this game -- if our players won't deliver, they don't want to play for him. Are there others who could accept a loss if it forces a fresh culture and new direction for our team?
The biggest flaw in this plan, and the rest of the lemmings out there that want to fire the coach, is the assumption that some unidentified potential new coach would come in here instantly and do better than Jacques Martin, who has been coaching in the league for about 20 years.

Don't forget, any new coach would have to by definition be suspect, since the main qualification of a coach to be hired at mid-season is for that coach to be so fabulous that he's currently enemployed. But no, let's get rid of Martin because he looks funny and doesn't yell at the referees all game!

Old
10-22-2011, 12:37 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
Is Gomez hurt or just a healthy scratch?

Good luck tonight guys.
OMG i busted a gut on this one !!! Maybe he can rub Connelly's sore whatever it is thats sore this time in the press box ?

Old
10-22-2011, 12:38 PM
CGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
I hope Eller plays center tonight, and does really well.

Glad Gomez is out!!

Sure, 'cuz I'm sure Aaron Pulushaj is a better NHLer than Gomez and will help with our Power Play, neutral zone, and carrying the puck into the other team's end.

Old
10-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Who hopes that their team loses? Seriously guys get real.
I dont hope for the Habs to lose but if they do, I will see it as a step closer for Martin to be fire. And I bet against the Habs tonight so win/win situation for me.

Old
10-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
If we lose our next 2 games, I really believe Martin is gone... but as a Habs fan, I don't ever wish for a loss... ever.

Hopefully we come out strong tonight but I have a feeling this will end in OT.
I don't think he makes it to Monday if we don't get a win tonight, Something is going to happen to Martin or Gauthier

Old
10-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Bob Cole

Win-Win situation. We win, we beat the Laffs. We lose, one game closer to Martin getting fired.

Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Those who want a better future for the team?
How do you know it will be better especially when we are not yet certain that this one is all that bad?

Let's wait a few games and see if it can get turned around. Hoping for losses is just stupid why even watch or cheer. Go watch games of teams you do like.

Old
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGG View Post
The biggest flaw in this plan, and the rest of the lemmings out there that want to fire the coach, is the assumption that some unidentified potential new coach would come in here instantly and do better than Jacques Martin, who has been coaching in the league for about 20 years.

Don't forget, any new coach would have to by definition be suspect, since the main qualification of a coach to be hired at mid-season is for that coach to be so fabulous that he's currently enemployed. But no, let's get rid of Martin because he looks funny and doesn't yell at the referees all game!

20 years ? Holy **** he sucks. Not 1 cup in 20 years ?

Old
10-22-2011, 12:42 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
Closet leafs fan
Please explain..

But I will say watching the Leafs play is way more exciting that the emotionless product on the ice for the Habs right now..

Old
10-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Bacchus1

I'm going to jinx it and say that we will lose miserably! I mean ... why not ... hoping for a win hasn't helped thus far! (Please start an insane winning streak!!!) ... no, we will loses miserably!

Old
10-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I dont hope for the Habs to lose but if they do, I will see it as a step closer for Martin to be fire. And I bet against the Habs tonight so win/win situation for me.
Not really. If the habs win, you lose in both ways.

Win-win would be if the habs lose, Martin gets a step close to getting fired. If they win, well I win money...so win-win.

Old
10-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't think he makes it to Monday if we don't get a win tonight, Something is going to happen to Martin or Gauthier
If that really happens, I'd say Montreal has some serious balls. I don't know how Wilson survives every year...yes the Leafs were bad when he began coaching the Leafs but there are always signs of improvement in PK or PP as the years go on.. his specialty teams have ALWAYS been terrible.

Already 26th in PK...at this point, it's more surprising if a team doesn't score a PP goal against the Leafs. PP is a work in progress like it always has been.

Old
10-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
20 years ? Holy **** he sucks. Not 1 cup in 20 years ?
If I'm not mistaken, I don't Ruff has ever won a cup and there is no doubt he's one of the better coaches in the league and I think people on this board agree. In fact many people on this board praise him constantly. He's been coaching for 13 years.

Just to clarify before I get accused as a Martin lover. It's not a defense of Martin, it's to show that it's a stupid argument. You don't will cups. Winning goes beyond the coach and has to do with the personnel as well. Over a 3rd of martin's career was spent coaching awful Florida teams and inherting an awful Ottawa team that eventually progressed to be one of the better teams in the league for a good portion of his tenure there.

Last edited by Andy: 10-22-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old
10-22-2011, 12:46 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Please explain..

But I will say watching the Leafs play is way more exciting that the emotionless product on the ice for the Habs right now..
Pretend to be a habs fan when in reality your a leafs fan

Old
10-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
I am definitely happy to see Eller back at center. That is where he is best suited and I feel he has a very high ceiling. I want to see the Habs give him more trust and responsibility. Give him better wingers (I think him a Pacioretty would be a great combo) and some time on the special teams. Develop him to be our top scoring center.

But never did I want it to happen because of an injury. I want this team 100% healthy and firing on all cylinders. I feel it is just a matter of time before he forces Martin's hand and he has to play him more.
I would really like to see Eller with Pacioretty and Kostitsyn, or Pacioretty and Cole. Big and skilled, I think that would be something to look forward to, especially against a big Leafs team.

Cole - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Eller - Kostitsyn
Moen - Desharnais - Cammalleri
Darche - Enqvist - Palushaj

Maybe switch Gionta and Cammalleri... I like these lines, minus that brutal 4th line.

Gomez ; Addition by subtraction.

Old
10-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

There's been 3 games where the habs stormed out of the gate and got nothing or very little out of it. These games were against toronto, buffalo, and colorado.

For all the flaws and mistakes that the habs have had this year, if they make some of those early storms count, this is at least a 500 hockey club at this point.

Its not just a fast start that counts, its time to get a couple goals out of it too, so this team can go back to playing with the lead. We've seen over the past couple years that this team is like night and day when playing with the lead as opposed to playing from behind.

Just watching those games against the leafs, avs, and sabres you just knew it was going to bite them after they couldnt manage anything for their fast starts. It gets tough to watch the instant something goes wrong.

Old
10-22-2011, 12:51 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Here's a great pump up song for your guys:

Old
10-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Bacchus1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post

I can figure our if you are a complete Bollywood geek, or tasteless/racist!

Old
10-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:

lmao hahahaha oh man daler mehndi has become an icon because of this lol

Old
10-22-2011, 12:57 PM
nighthawk57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
I would really like to see Eller with Pacioretty and Kostitsyn, or Pacioretty and Cole. Big and skilled, I think that would be something to look forward to, especially against a big Leafs team.

Cole - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Eller - Kostitsyn
Moen - Desharnais - Cammalleri
Darche - Enqvist - Palushaj

Maybe switch Gionta and Cammalleri... I like these lines, minus that brutal 4th line.

Gomez ; Addition by subtraction.
you made my day buddy

Old
10-22-2011, 12:58 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus1 View Post
I can figure our if you are a complete Bollywood geek, or tasteless/racist!
wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
lmao hahahaha oh man daler mehndi has become an icon because of this lol
I actually downloaded his Best Of album after hearing Tunak Tunak Tun

This is my favourite song of his:

So catchy

Old
10-22-2011, 01:01 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Of course it's one game closer to the day Martin GTFO, he won't stay eternally...

Old
10-22-2011, 01:14 PM
NLHabsFan

Quote:

W... T... F...

Old
10-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25