HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Al Davis "Just win Baby"-Toronto Maple Leafs Vs Montreal Canadiens 10.22.11

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-22-2011, 01:23 PM
  #126
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,667
vCash: 500
If Montreal wins 3, or 4 while gomez is out, would Martin put him as a healthy scratch ?


Probably not.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:27 PM
  #127
68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,463
vCash: 500
I hope we win 8-0 but somehow Martin still gets fired after the game.

68 is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:32 PM
  #128
TheWhiteIdea
Registered User
 
TheWhiteIdea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: DirtyJerz
Country: United States
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Cole must wake up a.s.a.p.

He was the leader (or one of) in hits in Carolina... Has he forgot his shoulders and desire over
No, not at all. He is simply adapting to JM style of play.

He has already become a product of his environment. Physicality is looked down upon by the powers that be in Montreal.

TheWhiteIdea is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:33 PM
  #129
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Our center depth is atrocious with gomez out, this is not a good thing, we only had 3 NHL capable centers to begin with and one of them has been on the wing.

habsjunkie2* is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:37 PM
  #130
Emanresu Wen
Registered User
 
Emanresu Wen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,056
vCash: 500
Gomez out? Christmas has arrived early this year!

Emanresu Wen is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:42 PM
  #131
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Our center depth is atrocious with gomez out, this is not a good thing, we only had 3 NHL capable centers to begin with and one of them has been on the wing.
Give me Dumont over Engqvist any day.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:45 PM
  #132
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,942
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
I deliberately collided with 2 leafs fans on St-Laurent today. That's the spirit!

CareyClutch is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:50 PM
  #133
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
I deliberately collided with 2 leafs fans on St-Laurent today. That's the spirit!
Was it you that bumped into Connolly in the preseason, and injured him?

BLONG7 is online now  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:50 PM
  #134
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Give me Dumont over Engqvist any day.
Engqvist is Martin's favorite like Pyatt was. Dumont could have started the year until White came back, he was a disturber and could have given a bit of life to this hockey team

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:51 PM
  #135
patsbury
Registered User
 
patsbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal or Drummond
Country: Canada
Posts: 963
vCash: 500
I feel this is our go-ahead game

patsbury is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:53 PM
  #136
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,096
vCash: 500
Easy win. No contest.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:54 PM
  #137
smon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,982
vCash: 500
Here's how the powerplay is looking for tonight per Gazette:

PP1 Mathieu Darche, Cammalleri and Gionta on the first wave with Subban and Tomas Plekanec on the points
PP2 Andrei Kostitsyn, David Desharnais and Max Pacioretty with Raphael Diaz and Yannick Weber on the points

I will never figure out why Mathieu Darche is on the first powerplay and Erik Cole isn't, especially in the absence of Gomez? If team really thinks Darche is better than Cole on the powerplay, why sign Cole??

smon is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:55 PM
  #138
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,399
vCash: 500
it`s a win win tonight either way

if we win ,we win, we beat the leafs, yay.

if we lose, we win, because it means we`re 1 step closer to total meltdown , which could be exactly what this team needs to fix 18 years of medicority.

coolasprICE is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:03 PM
  #139
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Here's how the powerplay is looking for tonight per Gazette:

PP1 Mathieu Darche, Cammalleri and Gionta on the first wave with Subban and Tomas Plekanec on the points
PP2 Andrei Kostitsyn, David Desharnais and Max Pacioretty with Raphael Diaz and Yannick Weber on the points

I will never figure out why Mathieu Darche is on the first powerplay and Erik Cole isn't, especially in the absence of Gomez? If team really thinks Darche is better than Cole on the powerplay, why sign Cole??
Especially at 18m over 4 years lol. He wasn't just a stop gap. I don't know, some posters will use the fact that because Erik Cole scored the majority of his goals at ES as a reason to not put him on the PP. I find this reasoning beyond absurd, so I guy who scores 22+ goals ES is somehow a liability on the PP.

I don't know if this is some sort of joke or not, but I find the reasoning rather foolish to be honest. AK barely getting any PP time has been even more absurd. I'm not sure the thought process here, but at some point if it continues to plummet to the bottom of the league he'll have to make changes.

habsjunkie2* is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:08 PM
  #140
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Especially at 18m over 4 years lol. He wasn't just a stop gap. I don't know, some posters will use the fact that because Erik Cole scored the majority of his goals at ES as a reason to not put him on the PP. I find this reasoning beyond absurd, so I guy who scores 22+ goals ES is somehow a liability on the PP.

I don't know if this is some sort of joke or not, but I find the reasoning rather foolish to be honest. AK barely getting any PP time has been even more absurd. I'm not sure the thought process here, but at some point if it continues to plummet to the bottom of the league he'll have to make changes.
learning the hard is better than not learning at all i guess lol

Andy is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:09 PM
  #141
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Engqvist is Martin's favorite like Pyatt was. Dumont could have started the year until White came back, he was a disturber and could have given a bit of life to this hockey team
Send down Engqvist and Palushaj...

Bring up a real 4th line; Conboy-Dumont-Blunden

habitue* is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:10 PM
  #142
smon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Especially at 18m over 4 years lol. He wasn't just a stop gap. I don't know, some posters will use the fact that because Erik Cole scored the majority of his goals at ES as a reason to not put him on the PP. I find this reasoning beyond absurd, so I guy who scores 22+ goals ES is somehow a liability on the PP.

I don't know if this is some sort of joke or not, but I find the reasoning rather foolish to be honest. AK barely getting any PP time has been even more absurd. I'm not sure the thought process here, but at some point if it continues to plummet to the bottom of the league he'll have to make changes.
Agreed, quite absurd. I just looked at Cole's stats and in his prime post-lockout to 07-08, he was putting in the range of 15 PP pts a year. I know coaches love guys like Darche, but talk about a square in a round hole.

smon is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:12 PM
  #143
Nashy
The Honey Badger
 
Nashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Easy win. No contest.
Hmm....if they play like they did against the Sabres, you're right....if they play like they did against the Pens, well....

Nashy is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:23 PM
  #144
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
I deliberately collided with 2 leafs fans on St-Laurent today. That's the spirit!
Awesome! I actually stole a parking spot from a Leafs fan (had a Leafs pendant in their window) at the mall this morning. I followed that up by yelling "GO HABS GO" at them.

I felt bad when I noticed a few seconds later that the guy was a Senior citizen. That was until he yelled back telling me to go **** myself.

Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:24 PM
  #145
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
Pretend to be a habs fan when in reality your a leafs fan
Because I said the Habs were a boring team? Sometimes the truth is ugly huh..

sheed36 is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:36 PM
  #146
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Not really. If the habs win, you lose in both ways.

Win-win would be if the habs lose, Martin gets a step close to getting fired. If they win, well I win money...so win-win.
Uh no I'm still a Habs fan. So if they win, it's a win for me, especially against the Leafs.

Stradale is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:39 PM
  #147
Habit11
Registered User
 
Habit11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Send down Engqvist and Palushaj...

Bring up a real 4th line; Conboy-Dumont-Blunden
I agree on Blunded instead of Palushaj only because Palushaj doesn't seem strong enough yet to play in the league, gets knocked down a lot when he has the puck. Engqvist hasn't been a liability out there imo, just wish he was better on faceoffs.

Habit11 is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:42 PM
  #148
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Uh no I'm still a Habs fan. So if they win, it's a win for me, especially against the Leafs.
Ahh then life is good!

Andy is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:50 PM
  #149
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,942
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Awesome! I actually stole a parking spot from a Leafs fan (had a Leafs pendant in their window) at the mall this morning. I followed that up by yelling "GO HABS GO" at them.

I felt bad when I noticed a few seconds later that the guy was a Senior citizen. That was until he yelled back telling me to go **** myself.
I Hope that our team is in the same mood that you and I

CareyClutch is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:58 PM
  #150
habfan1968
Registered User
 
habfan1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,116
vCash: 50
Ha ha

Was at Canadian Tire this morning so I went into the hockey area where our store is selling lots of Leafs stuff but very little of Habs. I pulled the leaf jerseys of all the hangers, unfolded all the leafs t-shirts and left 1 Habs jersey hanging in the middle of the rack!

habfan1968 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.