HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

stupid penalties!?

Old
10-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

vCash: 500
stupid penalties!?

I never played hockey so i´am not really an expert for on ice movements and the feeling to play with a stick while skating. But i play field hockey alot and so i think i know a little bit how to prevent the stick from injuring the opposition.

If i look to Briere or Hartnell or Walker, Coburn, i can´t understand all the stupid Stick penalties. Are they just too dump or too lazy to be patient with their sticks or is it all accidently happening?

Sry for my bad english as always ^^

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 04:27 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Ice hockey is a lot different because of the motions and speed of skating. Skating is a lot different than running, IMO a lot harder to accelerate and stop than running. Stick infractions happen.

10-24-2011, 02:20 PM
mirimon

Stick infractions happen, but some of our players (especially Brière) needs to be a lot more responsible/careful, or however you wish to put it, about it. I can't really be bothered enough to look it up atm, but I'd at least bet that we've taken quite a lot of this kind of penalties over the past few years, compared to the other teams.

Brière is pretty close to being a midget compared to the guys he is playing against, so he kind of has to be active with his stick, but still. Coburn and Hartnell doesn't have that excuse, so I guess they're just plain dumb (as far as hockey IQ goes, at least). I think Coburn was a lot better about it last season though (again, not bored enough to go look it up).

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 02:47 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Don't remind me of when Walker took two high sticking penalties on the same shift against the same guy

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 03:14 PM
FlyersFan61290

JVR is getting out of hand actually. He's only been caught once this season so far but he slashes (stick on stick) w/ two hand and pretty hard and once these stupid sticks break it's an automatic penalty. He needs to get that under control

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 04:52 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1688
Stick infractions occur and sometimes they comes as a result of being late in shifts (player can be tired), getting beat, even laziness. Hooking and tripping generally are penalties that are equated with laziness. Sometimes, sticks being lifted can cause a cut to the opposing player; that can't always be controlled.

At one of the recent practices, Laviolette worked on reducing penalties especially stick violations, IIRC he used the word "unacceptable."

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Crossbar Ping

Briere and JVR do it all the time.

Briere gets a full out pass unless its during a major crucial moment like game 7s etc. He is tiny and easily gets tossed around, so he even admitted that he has to be super aggressive with his stick sometimes to remind people he isnt some joke. He is fiery, but is still so tiny compared to others. And he absolutely more than makes up for it during playoff time. Ya he might be the cause of a goal, but he will end up potting 2+1 in the same or next night. Hes just straight up one of the best come playoffs.

JVR on the other hand is young blood and highly touted. He needs to get this under control now so he doesnt continue throughout his career. He is way too strong and skilled to bother hacking away like he has been. Just hang onto the puck a bit more and keep shooting, JVR.

Crossbar Ping is offline   Reply With Quote