HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Up and coming Schedule

Old
02-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
Up and coming Schedule

Wow, Does anyone else think that the flyers schedule is a bit of a joke. I've never seen it as bad as it is in March before.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:46 AM
FlyersFanSinceBirth

The Flyers have 32 games left and 22 of those games are against teams that are currently in the playoffs.

The Canucks have 31 games left and 6 of those games are against teams that are currently in the playoffs.

That is insane.

FlyersFanSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 03:12 AM
dats81

Doesn't matter. Flyers always suck against the bottom feeders anyway. They take those teams too lightly.

dats81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 08:11 AM
dawkins121

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
Doesn't matter. Flyers always suck against the bottom feeders anyway. They take those teams too lightly.
Yeah at this point I like our chances against teams like Pittsburgh and Washington just as much as against teams like Winnipeg and the Islanders. It's weird, I feel like the past couple years the Flyers have absolutely dominated the bottom feeders (which I guess they should).

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:39 AM
MsWoof

Why is it a joke? They played teams that weren't good earlier and did well. Now they face tougher teams which is a great barometer to see how well they'd stack up in the playoffs. Also, who would have expected teams like the Leafs, Panthers, Devils to be in the playoff at the beginning of the season while the habs, Sabres and Caps all suck? It's not like some big conspiracy.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Why is it a joke? They played teams that weren't good earlier and did well. Now they face tougher teams which is a great barometer to see how well they'd stack up in the playoffs. Also, who would have expected teams like the Leafs, Panthers, Devils to be in the playoff at the beginning of the season while the habs, Sabres and Caps all suck? It's not like some big conspiracy.
Where did I say it was any kind of conspiracy. Lol keep your pants on. I was commenting on the sheer number of games that the flyers have to play in march. Was it really that difficult to seperate some of those games into the long breaks we had at the start of the season. They play 3 weekends in a row back to back.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:27 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Where did I say it was any kind of conspiracy. Lol keep your pants on. I was commenting on the sheer number of games that the flyers have to play in march. Was it really that difficult to seperate some of those games into the long breaks we had at the start of the season. They play 3 weekends in a row back to back.
You know that the rink is used for other things, right? It's no different than when the Canucks had an absurdly long road trip during the Olympics or for the jets this year who have a royally screwed up schedule due to them being a central team in the eastern conference, or San Jose having a tennis tourney in their arena, forcing the Sharks out on the road.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

itīs a good stress test for the young team. Overcome it and be prepared for the play offs! I donīt need games against Columbus all the time ^^

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
has anyone noticed that we have yet to play a normal weekday game against the Rangers or Bruins.

every game we play against them it seems like its coming off a back to back or some weekend early afternoon affair. It has really put us at a disadvantage I believe.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 05:26 PM
s3x

Why is this thread about the up and coming schedule and not the upcoming schedule?

s3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanSinceBirth View Post
The Flyers have 32 games left and 22 of those games are against teams that are currently in the playoffs.

The Canucks have 31 games left and 6 of those games are against teams that are currently in the playoffs.

That is insane.
It's mainly just a division thing. The Atlantic Division is featuring 4 of 5 teams holding playoff spots. The Canucks play in a weak Northwest Division. Only 2 of the teams are holding playoff spots and the 2nd place team is the Wild whose record is under .500 and clinging to the 8th overall seed.

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote