HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

10/22/11 - 7:00PM EDT - Buffalo vs Tampa Bay

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunistDayKare View Post
missing text: for warmups

Old
10-22-2011, 12:38 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Stamkos and Vinny will be wearing the same jersey number tonight

Should be a great game tonight, Buffalo's been looking great (as I expected) thus far. Can't wait to see the Tesla Coils finally, Go Bolts!!

Old
10-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Checked Buffalos GDT and realized how spoiled we are with your amazing GDTs TheDaysOf04, hats off!

Oh and for some reason I really dislike Sabres, not so much the team as their fans, lets beat em!

10-22-2011, 01:35 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...it-perspective
Quote:
"If you take ego out of it and look at it from their perspective, saying the coaches are management, they have to make decisions on things that are outside me as a player," Shannon said. "If I think about it as being a victim, yeah it (stinks), but that doesn’t get you anywhere; just work hard and try to get back in the lineup and be a regular and contribute every night."

"There are some players we need to see and there are experiments we’re not done with," Boucher said. "We’ve got to get through those experiments. I could have put him in today, but the last game we played the type of game we played all of last year and you don’t want to mess with that. That’s what he’s got to live with."

That said, "If he had been racking it up since the beginning of the year, then somebody else will have to sit," Boucher added. "But he’s like all the new guys trying to figure out how we do things. He's doing better every day, but you've got to look at the overall picture regarding some other players, and some other players have been more consistent."
Quote:
"All I can do is go out and perform and execute," he said. "But, really, all I can control is the things I can do on the ice and how I prepare for practice and games. … I can use this time to really learn the details part of the game. It’s not wasted time at all."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High View Post
Stamkos and Vinny will be wearing the same jersey number tonight

Should be a great game tonight, Buffalo's been looking great (as I expected) thus far. Can't wait to see the Tesla Coils finally, Go Bolts!!
Haha, there's always 1 thing I mess up it seems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
Checked Buffalos GDT and realized how spoiled we are with your amazing GDTs TheDaysOf04, hats off!

Oh and for some reason I really dislike Sabres, not so much the team as their fans, lets beat em!
Thanks. I try to make it nice for all you cool people.

Old
10-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Bosswally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post

Sabres fan here, we seem to do better when the GDT has minimalist approached, we had garrish ones for the montreal game and the canes game, the habs game we played horrible but still won and the canes game we lost, so like most big fans of sports teams we being ridiculously superstitious

good luck tonight

Old
10-22-2011, 01:55 PM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

Hey guys, how has Conocher looked in the "A" this year? He was my buddy's roommate at Canisius, pretty cool dude. I know he was making some noise in training camp, any chance of him getting some NHL time this year?

Old
10-22-2011, 01:57 PM
chasespace

Roloson or Garon to start?

Old
10-22-2011, 01:58 PM
chasespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by htsportplaya View Post
Hey guys, how has Conocher looked in the "A" this year? He was my buddy's roommate at Canisius, pretty cool dude. I know he was making some noise in training camp, any chance of him getting some NHL time this year?
Dominant. 6 points(3G-3A) in 4 games. If I remember correctly he's on Ashton and Johnson's line. He's on the fast track to getting a contract from Tampa.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosswally View Post
Sabres fan here, we seem to do better when the GDT has minimalist approached, we had garrish ones for the montreal game and the canes game, the habs game we played horrible but still won and the canes game we lost, so like most big fans of sports teams we being ridiculously superstitious

good luck tonight
Yeah I read that and guess it's fair enough but I hope we beat you tonight so you can get back to nicer GDTs

Old
10-22-2011, 02:05 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04
Haha, there's always 1 thing I mess up it seems.
Haha was just kidding, great GDT as usual!

It'd be nice to be added to the Be The Thunder section of the GDT...feeling pretty left out here

Old
10-22-2011, 02:06 PM
CommunistDayKare
I'M SORRY RUM HAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
Dominant. 8 points(4G-4A) in 5 games. If I remember correctly he's on Ashton and Johnson's line. He's on the fast track to getting a contract from Tampa.
ftfy

Old
10-22-2011, 02:22 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Its like... for these games, Buffalo kicked out all the jerks and sent them to Tampa to stay. Buffalo people on the board are pretty cool, but the people we get at the game are gigantic ****s. Its still mind boggling.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Is it possible to use the RFID chips in the sweaters to create a high pitched noise only Sabres fans can hear?

Based on what I'm hearing about their fans, they almost make plastic sitters seem like reasonable people. Almost.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 8237
Awards:
Ok guys... Enough talk about the fans of other teams. Stick to the game, teams, and everything else.

10-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
Its like... for these games, Buffalo kicked out all the jerks and sent them to Tampa to stay. Buffalo people on the board are pretty cool, but the people we get at the game are gigantic ****s. Its still mind boggling.
Agreed, there have been a few bad posters that I've seen on here but Buffalo fans here are usually pretty good. I've been friends with a few of em(hey Afino/Kassian/whatever your name is now)..but the one's that go to our games are terrible. I hate going to Sabre games.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 8237
Awards:
Back on topic... Let's go Bolts!!

Old
10-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

fans

Old
10-22-2011, 02:48 PM
CommunistDayKare
I'M SORRY RUM HAM

3-1 Bolts.

Last edited by Kristia: 10-22-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: removed unneeded comment.
Old
10-22-2011, 03:14 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High View Post
Haha was just kidding, great GDT as usual!

It'd be nice to be added to the Be The Thunder section of the GDT...feeling pretty left out here
I know. It was just funny to me because before I saw Boucher wasn't changing the lineup up like he normally does and I was thinking nice I got the bolts line up right today.

Yeah I'll add your name. When I made it before the season started I wasn't sure if you were coming back here or going back to the Leafs.

Old
10-22-2011, 04:15 PM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
Agreed, there have been a few bad posters that I've seen on here but Buffalo fans here are usually pretty good. I've been friends with a few of em(hey Afino/Kassian/whatever your name is now)..but the one's that go to our games are terrible. I hate going to Sabre games.
This seems to be a re-occuring theme among southern teams (CAR, FLA, TB). Buffalo has a lot of displaced fans that move down south but keep supporting their home teams. They probably just forget that not everyone else down there is a Sabres' fan, like they are in Buffalo.

Old
10-22-2011, 05:36 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://twitter.com/#!/clarkbrooks
Quote:
Odd: The Lightning are wearing the alternate "Bolts" sweaters tonight, and they have the old logo on them.

Old
10-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
We are required to wear them and you are only allowed to change your jerseys so many times so maybe they were not allowed to change the logo.

I kinda wish they would have gone with a new updated 3rd but the NHL requires you to keep your 3rd atleast 3 seasons I believe. I expect an updated 3rd jersey as early as next year.

10-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

So I guess some of you are already in the arena... are the tesla coins already working? How awesome are they?

Old
10-22-2011, 05:48 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
So I guess some of you are already in the arena... are the tesla coins already working? How awesome are they?
First Coils now Coins?? I'm really hoping these two make a big impact tonight with all this talking we've done about them.

Old
10-22-2011, 05:49 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
I know. It was just funny to me because before I saw Boucher wasn't changing the lineup up like he normally does and I was thinking nice I got the bolts line up right today.

Yeah I'll add your name. When I made it before the season started I wasn't sure if you were coming back here or going back to the Leafs.
I'll be here for life, I don't even watch Leafs games anymore...I stream as many Lightning games as I can get. Don't feel anxious at all when the Leafs are playing, I've started to cheer against them.

Closed Thread