HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/22/11 - 7:00PM EDT - Buffalo vs Tampa Bay

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Maria

vCash: 500
Go Hedman!!!!

Old
10-22-2011, 09:29 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

and a shutout.

I LIKED THIS GAME

Old
10-22-2011, 09:29 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Allllright! Great Win!

Old
10-22-2011, 09:30 PM
AllAbout813

This was nice

Old
10-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 134
Two solid defensive/goaltending games in a row? I may start to get spoiled.

Also, Garon on Tuesday? I don't see how you can sit him the way he's played the last two games. Very solid back there.

Old
10-22-2011, 09:32 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Just another great game by our Bolts! We now look structured, fairly disciplined and in mid season game form. Ecstatic to beat a good team like the Sabres.

Old
10-22-2011, 09:32 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAB4Norris View Post
Two solid defensive/goaltending games in a row? I may start to get spoiled.

Also, Garon on Tuesday? I don't see how you can sit him the way he's played the last two games. Very solid back there.
Same could be said for the current lineup with Jones, Pyatt, and Gilroy. After these past 2 good games, I don't think you change anything up yet.

Wow, Connolly had 7 shots on goal. He had a good game on Vinny and Martys line. 1 game left before the big decision.

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 10-22-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old
10-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 134
Yeah, did anyone else notice Gilroy playing D tonight? I mean, playing D well?

Do we have *two* Norris candidates on that pairing?

Old
10-22-2011, 09:52 PM
AllAbout813

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Same could be said for the current lineup with Jones, Pyatt, and Gilroy. After these past 2 good games, I don't think you change anything up yet.

Wow, Connolly had 7 shots on goal. He had a good game on Vinny and Martys line. 1 game left before the big decision.
Agreed, and yea Conolly was all over the place I noticed. I'm in the let him stay camp, can't wait to see the ultimate decision

Old
10-22-2011, 10:05 PM
snowden
Man is matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunistDayKare View Post
I'd say so, judging from how everyone was looking up
It did not. Probably everyone looking at the jumbotron for the replay. Only time it went off was at the very beginning and it was a very weak fizzle.

Old
10-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAB4Norris View Post
Yeah, did anyone else notice Gilroy playing D tonight? I mean, playing D well?

Do we have *two* Norris candidates on that pairing?
Gilroy looking totally different than he did at the start of the season, he is taking a load off of everyone else, and as a result everyone's play has started to settle down. He made quite a few nifty plays tonight, Boucher and company have done an excellent job with him; for somebody who's problem up until now has been his smarts he has certainly picked up this system quick.

MAB is MAB, he's the only one who I feel like doesn't play with his head, but with the bad comes the good.

Old
10-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

A shutout to shutup all the Sabres fans. I love it. Seeing all the idiots leaving after the ENG was a thing of beauty.

I was in the upper deck and noticed it right away, but the Sabres literally got away with having 8 guys on the ice at once. How the **** was that NOT called? I mean in the end it didn't matter but like the building noticed, yet no call.

Garon continues to impress. We seem to have found our groove again.

Old
10-22-2011, 11:17 PM
TBLightningFan

Send a message via AIM to TBLightningFan Send a message via MSN to TBLightningFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowden View Post
It did not. Probably everyone looking at the jumbotron for the replay. Only time it went off was at the very beginning and it was a very weak fizzle.
From my section (201) the one to our left was very, very awesome... the one across in the other corner didn't look as good. I'm sure they are not done yet, and still messing with it. I think YMMV depending on what angle you have on them.

Old
10-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Bolto
?

Just got home. At the end of the game the crowd was chanting, "go home, Buffalo". Good stuff. I think it was the teams best played game this season. Even better stuff.

Old
10-22-2011, 11:32 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

I just got home too. I was sitting one section away from one of the coils (I was in 206, and the coil was in front of 205), and I was holding magnets the whole game.

As the night went along, I grew decreasingly impressed by them.

They weren't used for any of the goals (although I could not see if the other one was used).

I also smelled the gas it gives off, (which an Edison coil would never do) not pleasant, but not ideal. I can still smell it on my skin.

The leaked video seemed to give off the impression that the bolts were bigger than it seemed up being.

It also has sort of a 'mad scientist' vibe to it, rather than the 'fury of Zeus' I think a lot of us were hoping for.

I do wonder now if someone on the Fan Zam can launch a t-shirt through one of the Tesla coil's rings, while it's on, just to see what happens. Confetti just might come out of Stammerspace to throw us a celebration.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 10-22-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old
10-23-2011, 05:04 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Finally a game when Vanek didn't score on us, read that we are the team with most goals by defensemen, 8 ,compared to the second team with 4 such goals.

10-23-2011, 05:42 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...-bolts/1198177
Quote:
"I talked about eating an elephant, and what we're trying to do is we're all trying to chew on that one leg, and that one leg is discipline."
Hmmmm Tastes like victory.

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 10-23-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Old
10-23-2011, 07:56 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
Finally a game when Vanek didn't score on us, read that we are the team with most goals by defensemen, 8 ,compared to the second team with 4 such goals.
Brewer made sure that didn't happen. Even if it meant laying on him after the whistle had blown.

He's still a threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
If one leg is discipline, what are the other three? Intensity, intensity, intensity?

Where does structure fit into this? Are they the tusks, and therefore cannot be eaten? (if not thoroughly boiled?)

The question remains, who will eat the anatomy? Well, that's what rookies and Downie are there for. Somebody's going to be the hero.

Maybe that's why Connolly is diving, so he doesn't have to pay for the rookie dinner?

Last edited by Felonious Python: 10-23-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old
10-23-2011, 01:13 PM
LightningStrikes

Great win!

Welcome aboard, NHL Lady!

Old
10-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

I didn't see the horrible displays of behavior by Sabres fans that everyone was hyping.

Most of the game, there had to be a "Let's go Lightning" chant to quell their attempts at a "Let's go Buffalo", but they didn't seem to do much besides that.

There's a few in every crowd, but I've seen worse overall.

Old
10-23-2011, 07:18 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

I know it's still early in the season, but Vinny and Stammer's face-off winning % worries me. While Hall and Moore are at 61.5% and 57% respectively (which is awesome), Vinny and Stammer are both around 46% right now. Granted that Stammer is generally around that % anyway, I'd still like to see him get to just over 50% of face-offs won; Vinny usually finishes the season around 80-81%, so hopefully he'll improve. Luckily, they don't play the pk but it's still important for puck possession and to help us on the PP. It's a statistic that becomes even more important in the playoffs.

Maybe they also need to start to work on draws in practice or get a couple pointers from Hall and Moore. I'm probably over-reacting/over-thinking but it's something that should be addressed imo.

Old
10-23-2011, 07:44 PM
snowden
Man is matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I didn't see the horrible displays of behavior by Sabres fans that everyone was hyping.

Most of the game, there had to be a "Let's go Lightning" chant to quell their attempts at a "Let's go Buffalo", but they didn't seem to do much besides that.

There's a few in every crowd, but I've seen worse overall.
That's because they didn't score/weren't winning. You would have seen why everyone hates when they come to town if they did/were.

Old
10-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Bolto
?

Quote:
That's because they didn't score/weren't winning. You would have seen why everyone hates when they come to town if they did/were.
And when that happens they are the worst out of town fans we get coming into our arena.

Old
10-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 1738
Awards:
I will post this rule again as a reminder. It will be the last warning on this subject.

Quote:
Trolling: Do not post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against or demean their team, or cheer for their opponent. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit team forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Copying posts from one HFBoard team forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling.