HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Turris to Canucks

Old
10-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Rooooooooooxxxanne*

vCash: 500
Turris is grossly overrated on these boards and frankly I don't see where he would fit in the lineup...

And even if we were to go for him, I wouldn't give up Hodgson...

The only level Turris has shown he can be elite was in the BCHL, and he wasn't that great in college or the AHL... I remember he had a great start to his college career in 4 games, and then barely scored the rest of the way... The kid has talent, but I don't see him becoming a top line player like many people think he will become. He was drafted 3rd overall yes, but it was in a well documented "weak" draft...

I'll pass on Turris, I wouldn't trade Schneider or Hodgson for him... I think Schneider is of more use to us this year than Turris will be.

Rooooooooooxxxanne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 10:23 PM
nowhereman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik2Daniel View Post
Turris is grossly overrated on these boards and frankly I don't see where he would fit in the lineup...

The only level Turris has shown he can be elite was in the BCHL, and he wasn't that great in college or the AHL... I remember he had a great start to his college career in 4 games, and then barely scored the rest of the way... The kid has talent, but I don't see him becoming a top line player like many people think he will become. He was drafted 3rd overall yes, but it was in a well documented "weak" draft...

I'll pass on Turris, I wouldn't trade Schneider or Hodgson for him... I think Schneider is of more use to us this year than Turris will be.
He still has the potential to be a PPG player in the NHL, given the right situation. Perhaps his hometown organization can bring them best out in him? A welcome change looked like it was about to vault former Coyote young gun Peter Mueller into stardom, before his untimely concussion.

And what do you mean he wasn't great in college or the AHL? The guy was practically a point a game player for both Wisconsin and San Antonio.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 11:50 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik2Daniel View Post

I don't know about overrated... IMO he still has good upside and could be a very good player down the road..

I agree though that there is no spot for him... and it just makes more sense to keep Hodgson right now, given that he is still cheaper, and easier to develop having been with this organization since being drafted. And most importantly, the Canucks don't need to take that risk for the possible upgrade given the depth they already have.

If you can get Turris cheap (ie. the Booth type trade) where you give up pieces that just don't hurt you short or long term, then great... I'd deal a pick for him... or a prospect like Sauve or Schroeder....

but there's no sense in moving any of the team's contributing pieces right now for him. This isn't a team that has the cap space nor the need to overpay youth right now for potential later on... and that's basically where Turris is right now with his contract status and demands.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:07 AM
DesertDawg

Trading Turris to Vancouver right now does not make any sense. No reason for the Coyotes to acquire picks &/or prospects (at this time) if they do not help the Coyotes get to the playoffs. I don't see where he fits in with the Canucks either, with Hodgson playing wing, where would KT play? Wing? Vancouver isn't going to overpay Turris with an offer sheet and lose draft picks.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:30 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
I, like many others just don't see how this makes any sense for the 'Nucks right now.

Where does he fit in the lineup? What can they give up for him.

Finally, why would they put forth the best offer? It just doesn't add up.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:57 AM
Kloparren
Hth

Poor Turris, can't get TOI on Phx till it's too late and then if he goes to Vancouver, he has Sedin/Kesler/Hodgson/Malhotra. I always thought he'd be more suited as a winger anyways though. And for what it's worth, I think he is and will be better than Hodgson.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:00 AM
VanJaysFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I, like many others just don't see how this makes any sense for the 'Nucks right now.

Where does he fit in the lineup? What can they give up for him.

Finally, why would they put forth the best offer? It just doesn't add up.
This x 100

The isolated move for Booth was a glaring need and has nothing to do with Turris.

I think one day he'll end up here, but this Florida trade isnt a 'domino'.

VanJaysFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:00 AM
Elliot20

I'm not opposed to getting a player like Turris who is, afterall, a 3rd overall pick with a lot of upside. He's very young and has the potential to be a star in the league.

As Gillis proved this afternoon, he is trading for now AND the present. Samuelsson is a proven playoff warrior and was traded for someone with the potential to become a playoff performer, while getting younger in the process.

Yotes will ask for Hodgson, and Gillis will counter with Raymond.

Elliot20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:45 AM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Trading Turris to Vancouver right now does not make any sense. No reason for the Coyotes to acquire picks &/or prospects (at this time) if they do not help the Coyotes get to the playoffs. I don't see where he fits in with the Canucks either, with Hodgson playing wing, where would KT play? Wing? Vancouver isn't going to overpay Turris with an offer sheet and lose draft picks.
For me I honestly don't see any point in the playoffs, its better to gun for the #1 overall for a few years, and rebuild like the Pens' and Oil did.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:47 AM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagee View Post
For me I honestly don't see any point in the playoffs, its better to gun for the #1 overall for a few years, and rebuild like the Pens' and Oil did.
Lucky the NHL lets lets you rebuild, unlike the grizzlies in Vancouver way back - who couldn't draft and #1 back in the day, as the NBA were haters.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:12 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagee View Post
Lucky the NHL lets lets you rebuild, unlike the grizzlies in Vancouver way back - who couldn't draft and #1 back in the day, as the NBA were haters.
Did you actually just quote yourself and respond to your own reply?

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:26 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Gillis will audit the team for a while, I think, to determine his needs.

I don't see a place for Turris on the roster. He'd be a better fit in Edmonton, where they are playing a bunch of kids. Of course, he may not want that.

I don't see Raymond as a big factor this season. His game was speed and broken backs do not promote that. I have never heard of someone coming back without pain, either, from a vertebrae fracture. He might be getting arthritis even now, if he is unlucky. There are alot of variables.

If Raymond is thought to need an extensive rehab, Turris might be a viable option.

Didn't Turris negatively impress Gretzky? That can't be good.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:07 AM
VanJaysFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Didn't Turris negatively impress Gretzky? That can't be good.
Gretzky as a player? Nobody short of Orr or Lemieux compares.

As a hockey mind? What's eating Gilbert Grape?

VanJaysFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:14 AM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Can he develop into a top 2 line center? His skating and lack of finish thus far at either the AHL or NHL level are a bit of a red flag at this point.
His skating has been more than fine for the NHL level to start the season. He's just inexperienced and losing puck battles - leading to Vigneault benching him.

And to Grub - no, Malhotra was not benched in the game, he played in the third period.

The Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:25 AM
jimmythescot

So, Chris Tanev wasn't playing for the Chicago Wolves last night. If that's the price for Turris, I'd much rather pass.

jimmythescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 07:46 AM
GCM
Stork

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
So, Chris Tanev wasn't playing for the Chicago Wolves last night. If that's the price for Turris, I'd much rather pass.
Gillis is not an idiot.

There's no chance Tanev gets traded for Turris. Tanev is NHL ready as we've all seen him fit in seamlessly last season, he's just pushed out of a spot for cap/seniority reasons.

In the big picture, Tanev is really all we have in the pipeline for legitimate NHL defensemen.

Whereas on offense, not only was it a struggle to get Hodgson finally in the line-up, but next season, potentially even this season guys like Schroeder, Rodin etc., will be knocking on the door for their shot at the big club. That's not even mentioning Mason Raymond's inevitable return.

Gillis doesn't trade from points of weakness to add to points of strength. He's done enough to earn that credit at the very least. There would need to be something coming back to replace what Tanev is to us and that would probably be something like Schlemko and at that point the trade just makes completely no sense for either club.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:30 AM
King of Anarchy

Quote:
DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
Vancouver and Florida make a significant early season trade. Not surprised,a lot of discussion around the league. Canucks may not be done.
There's no end in sight to this rumour...

King of Anarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:49 AM
jimmythescot

Yeah, if others are talking about it there must be something there. Doesn't mean it will happen, but there are almost certainly advanced talks going on.

jimmythescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
Yeah, if others are talking about it there must be something there. Doesn't mean it will happen, but there are almost certainly advanced talks going on.
holy crap Eklund may of been on to something for once.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

vCash: 796
If Raymond's return is in doubt, then we could be seeing a wholesale change to Kesler's wingers. Cap wise, probably an extra $1M. Play wise, there was no upside with Raymond and Samuelsson - the latter was getting long in the tooth and Raymond seemed to have totally plateau'd last year though could still be a serviceabled 3rd liner - we have plenty of those.

I wouldn't want to lose Tanev, but situation has changed on our back-end with the emergence of Erixon and longer term, Corrado so if that's the price to pay...

Outside99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Capathetic

I think Turris is better than Hodgson..just look at the playoffs last year. Turris was heating up. I was a big fan of Hodgson for a few years but he hasnt impressed as much as the consensus top prospect should. Two years ago some posters on this board had him labeled as an 80 point 2 way center. I know that lineup is tough to crack but someone with such talent shouldnt be a third liner.

I wouldnt want to give up Tanev if I was a nucks fan either..as someone said hes as close to nhl ready as they have.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Ched Brosky

Raymond Reinprecht for Turris!

Re-unites Reinprecht and Phoenix and it works in NHL 12 if you add a 1st going to Phoenix

Last edited by Ched Brosky: 10-23-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
if eklund calls 2 trades in a day I think Im going to have to start taking this 2012 **** seriously

Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:27 AM
HamhuisHip
LeggsOverMyHamhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot20 View Post
I'm not opposed to getting a player like Turris who is, afterall, a 3rd overall pick with a lot of upside. He's very young and has the potential to be a star in the league.

As Gillis proved this afternoon, he is trading for now AND the present. Samuelsson is a proven playoff warrior and was traded for someone with the potential to become a playoff performer, while getting younger in the process.

Yotes will ask for Hodgson, and Gillis will counter with Raymond.
If you put yourself in the Coyotes shoes, I would be asking for Hodgson too. Both are highly touted draft picks who have struggled to reach potential. Maybe a new start for both players would be beneficial.

I like Hodgson, but his skating and size is an issue. Turris has better speed and size but there may be an issue with work ethic and drive.

Tough decision to make.

HamhuisHip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:40 AM
jammyrft

I know it's early in the season but Ballard has been one of our best D so far. He's playing really well and to trade him makes our team worse

jammyrft is offline   Reply With Quote