HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Turris to Canucks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-23-2011, 12:44 PM
  #76
Nachoman AlfieSavage*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eating nachos up top
Posts: 2,245
vCash: 500
I would trade Hodgson for Turris. I am not impressed with Hogsons game.

Nachoman AlfieSavage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:21 PM
  #77
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Volchenkov View Post
Turris and Morris for Scheneider and Ballard.
That would be horrible for VAN.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:21 PM
  #78
Canadian Game
Sportsnet sucks
 
Canadian Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Turris trade rumors and then a Canucks trade = Eklund making his usual trade guesses. Maybe next he will add that Montreal has entered the running for Turris

Canadian Game is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:51 PM
  #79
wiredmaverick
Registered User
 
wiredmaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I, like many others just don't see how this makes any sense for the 'Nucks right now.

Where does he fit in the lineup? .
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Turris-Kesler-Booth
Higgins-Hodgson-Hansen
Lapierre-Malhotra-Weise

I didn't crunch the cap numbers, so it might not work financially. But that 4th line is better than most 3rd lines.

wiredmaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:54 PM
  #80
Canuckfan4Life2
Registered User
 
Canuckfan4Life2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredmaverick View Post
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Turris-Kesler-Booth
Higgins-Hodgson-Hansen
Lapierre-Malhotra-Weise

I didn't crunch the cap numbers, so it might not work financially. But that 4th line is better than most 3rd lines.

No room when Raymond returns

Canuckfan4Life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:56 PM
  #81
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast
 
Jamie Benn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: At The Rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,855
vCash: 500
Why do the Canucks need Turris....

They don't need him, at all.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:12 PM
  #82
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,460
vCash: 500
The rumour is Tanev for Turris

Really hope that's not happening

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:49 PM
  #83
Corb
Registered User
 
Corb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
The rumour is Tanev for Turris

Really hope that's not happening
Where is that rumour stemming from (not questioning you, just can't find anything).

Corb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:52 PM
  #84
hyzer23
Registered User
 
hyzer23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Queen City
Country: United States
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corb View Post
Where is that rumour stemming from (not questioning you, just can't find anything).
Eklunds twitter...although he's not that specific

hyzer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:53 PM
  #85
Britton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corb View Post
Where is that rumour stemming from (not questioning you, just can't find anything).
It's not actually a rumor just speculation. Dreger reported that the Canucks may not be done, Eklund that they are after Turris and Chris Tanev was mysteriously scratched from the Wolves game last night.

Britton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:01 PM
  #86
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
The rumour is Tanev for Turris

Really hope that's not happening
Same here. Coyotes need scorers, not defenders.

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:02 PM
  #87
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corb View Post
Where is that rumour stemming from (not questioning you, just can't find anything).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britton View Post
It's not actually a rumor just speculation. Dreger reported that the Canucks may not be done, Eklund that they are after Turris and Chris Tanev was mysteriously scratched from the Wolves game last night.
it was hockey break or something, check canucks thread

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:03 PM
  #88
Canuckfan4Life2
Registered User
 
Canuckfan4Life2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,513
vCash: 500
Canucks have no need for Turris

Canuckfan4Life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:04 PM
  #89
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corb View Post
Where is that rumour stemming from (not questioning you, just can't find anything).
Eklund and now Dreger

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:10 PM
  #90
Corb
Registered User
 
Corb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Thanks everyone.

Corb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:11 PM
  #91
Elliot20
Registered User
 
Elliot20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,573
vCash: 500
Turris to VAN isn't about whether it makes sense right now, but long term. In 5 years, Turris has the potential to be the best Canuck forward on this team, when the Sedins are in decline. We need the youth to be able to take over and continue making this team competitive.

As Gillis said about the Booth trade: "It was an appropriate time". Right now, Turris value is at an all-time low, that's the best time to acquire a potential star.

I would trade Turris for Tanev straight up. We'll address the D needs when it arises. It's not difficult to address a 5/6 defenceman anyways.

You need to give to get. I think most will agree Turris' potential is a lot greater than Tanev.

Elliot20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:25 PM
  #92
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,513
vCash: 50
Didn't Turris want a contract for like $3-4 mil per year? How are the Canucks supposed to afford that?

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:27 PM
  #93
Crows*
 
Crows*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Didn't Turris want a contract for like $3-4 mil per year? How are the Canucks supposed to afford that?
I don't buy him just being greedy. I see this as more him saying " get me the **** out of phoenix"

Crows* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:29 PM
  #94
jimmythescot
Registered User
 
jimmythescot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,400
vCash: 500
If this is all true, I have no doubt that Gillis and Turris are already talking terms. He's a RFA so anyone can negotiate with him.

jimmythescot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:31 PM
  #95
hackey
You're Not Bored...
 
hackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: You're Boring
Posts: 2,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot20 View Post
I'm not opposed to getting a player like Turris who is, afterall, a 3rd overall pick with a lot of upside. He's very young and has the potential to be a star in the league.

As Gillis proved this afternoon, he is trading for now AND the present. Samuelsson is a proven playoff warrior and was traded for someone with the potential to become a playoff performer, while getting younger in the process.

Yotes will ask for Hodgson, and Gillis will counter with Raymond.
Raymond has absolutely no trade value right now
Coming off a broken vertebrae, hasn't played since, on LTIR

He has to play injury free and up to par for a least 40 games for anyone to even sniff him.

hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:34 PM
  #96
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
If this is all true, I have no doubt that Gillis and Turris are already talking terms. He's a RFA so anyone can negotiate with him.
Problem is Gillis is going to want to sign him at a contract that Phoenix would likely just match.

Gillis can't offer sheet Turris at a value that the Coyotes may not be able to match (although they just saved themselves $500 K in salary this morning as a pre-emptive budget move in the event that Gillis went this route) until he reacquires his 3rd round pick from Anaheim.

That leaves Gillis in the position of having to bribe Maloney (overpay) to simply trade Turris to the Canucks so he can sign him at the desired cap hit.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:38 PM
  #97
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot20 View Post
Turris to VAN isn't about whether it makes sense right now, but long term. In 5 years, Turris has the potential to be the best Canuck forward on this team, when the Sedins are in decline. We need the youth to be able to take over and continue making this team competitive.

As Gillis said about the Booth trade: "It was an appropriate time". Right now, Turris value is at an all-time low, that's the best time to acquire a potential star.

I would trade Turris for Tanev straight up. We'll address the D needs when it arises. It's not difficult to address a 5/6 defenceman anyways.

You need to give to get. I think most will agree Turris' potential is a lot greater than Tanev.
Would you rather trade tanev for turris or 1st +3rd for turris?

Cause I think Canucks may as well sign him to an offer sheet between 3.1-4mil instead of trading Tanev.....

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:43 PM
  #98
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Would you rather trade tanev for turris or 1st +3rd for turris?

Cause I think Canucks may as well sign him to an offer sheet between 3.1-4mil instead of trading Tanev.....
Vancouver doesn't have their 3rd. Until they reaquire that pick they can't offer sheet Turris.

Anaheim may be the one holding out for Tanev in order to get them to deal that 3rd round pick. Why would they help the Canucks get better?

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:46 PM
  #99
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.
 
The Bob Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Centre Ice
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Vancouver doesn't have their 3rd. Until they reaquire that pick they can't offer sheet Turris.

Anaheim may be the one holding out for Tanev in order to get them to deal that 3rd round pick. Why would they help the Canucks get better?
They got a third from Florida yesterday.

The Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:48 PM
  #100
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lui View Post
They got a third from Florida yesterday.
Their 3rd from 2013. If they want to offer sheet Turris today they need their 3rd round pick from 2012.

Right now Gillis is powerless to offer sheet Turris.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.