HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs have the last laff, beats Habs 5-4 in OT.Habs dead last in East

Old
10-22-2011, 09:32 PM
drivefor25

vCash: 500
Pretty sad. JM blames lack of experience yet we're at the cap ceiling...don't we usually associate teams with lack of experience as young teams at the cap floor....you think we have a GM problem?

drivefor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 09:32 PM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Going thru customs

Part of this mess is attributable to Markov being slow to recover, but the Habs have squandered so much talent these past few years, in part due to the coach facilitating their departure. Much of this talent was immature and just needed a little mentoring, and would look good on the team right now.

I also think that Hamrlik still has a couple good years left in him, and would have signed for those two: if he was worth signing for one (and PG thought he was), he was just as attractive for two - these athletes take good care of themselves.

The Caps, Preds, Wild, Blues, to name a few, say thank you very much.

VirginiaMtlExpat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPE4HABS View Post
Did anyone hear Eller say he had no idea that the leafs changed goalies??!??!??! Doesn't that say something about the coaching staff??? No communication? Man its a HUGE flashing sign that tells a big story about what is going on behind the bench..... NOTHING.
I'm sure JM thought of it... and wrote it down in his little notepad, but I guess never told the players, since he never says anything behind the bench.

Theosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Markov AND Gomez contracts have ****ed this team for years. People who believe Markov is the savior are in for a big surprise.

Oh look we signed him and we are still in the **** storm we started with.
How can you compare the Markov and Gomez contracts? Markov will either be back, at a good price - probably never as good as he once was, but there's no reason he can't still be a great player.

Or injuries end his career and he's forced to retire.

The Markov situation can only hurt this year, next year it'll eiter have worked out or the Markov era will be over.

I don't get why that's so hard to figure out. Cole was a much more dangerous signing.

I like the Wiz but did you see him for the Ducks or Isles? If you have an already shaky defense he's not what you want. Letting Hammer walk was a much, much worse move.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Maliki2

You know, everyone calling for us to tank, doesn't mean this group of idiots will take the best player available.
I can see it now, the Habs with the first overall pick, pick 5'4 defenseman, Bobby Been Bobby.
Martin, " We wanted some speed in the backend!"

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivefor25 View Post
Pretty sad. JM blames lack of experience yet we're at the cap ceiling...don't we usually associate teams with lack of experience as young teams at the cap floor....you think we have a GM problem?
We're not at the cap ceiling with $11M worth of defensemen out...

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
lampshade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Montreal is very much like a European city. They just started singing it because it's easy to remember all the words

It's a really easy chant for 21,273 people to do together, that's the best answer I can give you. No special reason as far as I'm aware.
No sweat mate, just curious. At Camp Nou when 105k people do it I think it is slighty more impressive. Gl

lampshade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
I'm so ****ing sick of this team. It's improved every year, yet plays worse and worse every year. I don't give a flying **** about Markov. Why the **** would you sign a guy who hasn't even played a half season in 3 years? I think Markov is taking the longest of any NHLer to return from a knee injury
He played half the games in the last 3 years... That's 120+ games, not -41....

Exageration will not make your point better, only worse.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Yeah. Cole isn't that great on the PP reason why Darche is being used there 'cause CLEARLY, after Jacques did his RESEARCH, Darche was way better than Cole in the past....
It also begs the question, did Jacques think Pierre Gauthier did his ****ing research ? Cause if they're in agreeance that he's got no spot on either specialty team and is a 13 mins top9 winger, then why sign him to that deal ? Geniuses...

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 09:36 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I hope TSN 990 puts up Martin's press conference on their site. Everyone needs to hear it... It beyond pathetic.
Screw this! I switched to the World Series. Was it? I need to hear it! All Montreal needs to hear it. If a link comes up someone post it! Thx.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 09:37 PM
sheed36

Is it too early to try the bowling team bonding thing yet?

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Rutabaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Isn't that crazy? We have no legitimate top pairing.
When you have three players injured, its obviously going to be ugly.

The teams with less experience than us on defense are all playing at a level that is under the expectations, which is not a surprise, but might help to understand that we are in a work in progress.

The mistake probably (since its a 2-year contract, we'll see in June 2013) being the choice of Hamrlik instead of Gill.
The fact that so many people here were indeed favourable for such a decision is quite interesting. And yet, they're still thinking that they know whats right for us...

Edit : Wisniewski, at this price, we cant afford it.

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SB164

Quote:
I don't want Martin fire anymore. Any sudden move based on panic is never good. Yet, I don't want to be giving my 1st and 2nd rounder in next year draft. I'm so afraid of Gauthier right now....
I've heard some good things about next year's draft. In a sentence or two, what are your thoughts on it?

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockey8888

Gauthier & Martin are the Bruin double agent.

hockey8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 09:38 PM
SlipperyPete

[QUOTE=Mathradio;38336481

In the 1983-84 season there were two teams that tanked. The Pens and the Devils. The then-Pens head coach, having scouted Lemieux personally, wanted the first overall pick for his team at any cost, from the start of the season, or so the story goes. It appears the Devils took more time to get started.[/QUOTE]

Fine, but of course even if we accept the story that the coach was trying to lose from the beginning of the year, the problem with using that as a strategy to emulate is that the draft lottery didn't exist back then.

SlipperyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KerryFraser

Quote:
Hahaha...Martin responding to a journalist to look at how many points Cole had in the PP last year as the reason why he doesn't use him often.....He says that it's important to do some research.....
If i remember, last year Max Pac was used sometimes in front of the net on PP. I am wrong?

Just try something else for god sake. I have nothing against Darche but this make no ****ing sense and please, stop to use Plecks at the point. Are you ****ing idiot Jacques? i am starting to believe it.

KerryFraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Is it too early to try the bowling team bonding thing yet?
Wait until planes start circling airports.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
drivefor25

Right - One is Spacek (totally useless) - the other is Campoli (nobody wanted till a few weeks ago) and the other is Markov ( had two serious knee operations but yet we signed to a 3 year / $ 17 M contract)...I say again...do we have a GM Problem?

drivefor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
Once Subban and Gorges were out, since they played the first shift, Martin had to pick between Hal Gill and three rookies.
Good luck with that.

Some people here cant understand that, unsurprisingly.
Gill is a huge defensive liability 4 on 4 cause there is way too much ice to cover. And since his offensive game ammounts to zero, why not put one of the kids that yeah, might make a mistake ; but they also MIGHT make a nice transition pass, or join a rush and who knows maybe we score. Who'd thought of that ?

Gill is so bad in OT, I'd rather we revert to the Carbo book of hockey strategy and play 3 forwards, that'd be less painful to watch.

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
How can you compare the Markov and Gomez contracts? Markov will either be back, at a good price - probably never as good as he once was, but there's no reason he can't still be a great player.

Or injuries end his career and he's forced to retire.

The Markov situation can only hurt this year, next year it'll eiter have worked out or the Markov era will be over.

I don't get why that's so hard to figure out. Cole was a much more dangerous signing.

I like the Wiz but did you see him for the Ducks or Isles? If you have an already shaky defense he's not what you want. Letting Hammer walk was a much, much worse move.
Given the way he's been used, definitely. No way he produces with the type of minutes he is getting right now.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PyrettaBlaze

http://www.tsn.ca/montreal/listen/

They're for sure going to replay the segment where Martin laughed at the poor girl who asked why he hasn't tried Cole on the PP. Pat Hickey from HIO is on now.

PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
When you have three players injured, its obviously going to be ugly.

The teams with less experience than us on defense are all playing at a level that is under the expectations, which is not a surprise, but might help to understand that we are in a work in progress.

The mistake probably (since its a 2-year contract, we'll see in June 2013) being the choice of Hamrlik instead of Gill.
The fact that so many people here were indeed favourable for such a decision is quite interesting. And yet, they're still thinking that they know whats right for us...

Edit : Wisniewski, at this price, we cant afford it.
I was against Wiz and still am. Gill looked like he was skating in molasses last year. This year...skating in concrete. WTF we got rid of Hammer and kept this guy makes me wonder. He needs to be fired whomever it was. Like Piere said the other day, whomever wanted Budaj hired at his rate, needs to be fired as well. There is fail all over management here. How Molson lets this continue, makes me have no faith in them either.

Old
10-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
I'd suggest to #Habs Martin: Cole's PP stats last year were with a different team. How about a shot on PP here, now?
http://twitter.com/#!/habsinsideout1...37264411099138

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivefor25 View Post
Right - One is Spacek (totally useless) - the other is Campoli (nobody wanted till a few weeks ago) and the other is Markov ( had two serious knee operations but yet we signed to a 3 year / $ 17 M contract)...I say again...do we have a GM Problem?
And Gomez into that mix. Thats a whole lot of problems!

Old
10-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
ok cool, cheers mate. Just because you guys didnt create it doesnt mean its yours. Keep that in mind.
who gives a flying ****? no one in here is proprietary about it. it's clear you came here to troll under the guise of some kind of disingenuous curious question. you asked about it, because you think it's stupid and shouldn't be sung at the BC or any hockey game for that matter. that's your prerogative. just like i think glen healy's a moron.

Hab fans are passionate and like to have fun, unlike the morgue that's the ACC. deal with it

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote