HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs have the last laff, beats Habs 5-4 in OT.Habs dead last in East

Old
10-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Rutabaga

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
When you're desperately want Spacek, a guy we wanted out last year and Campoli, a guy nobody wanted September 24th, you know you have a problem. But again, minus Spacek, that D is how the organization wanted it to start the year. They KNEW Markov wouldn't be ready. So they had no problem to start with the guys they had. They realized September 25th it might not cut it, yet, Campoli is not exactly the saviour. But probably better than what we have which says a lot.
The departure of Hamrlik is going to bite us every night.
We cant compete with Diaz or Yemelin playing against Kessel, Roy or Bergeron every night. Not yet.

Its normal, they have to adjust themselves.
If some people here cant understand that, well, its too bad, but Muller, Boucher, Lemaire or Bowman cant fix the miscommunication between the players (leading to stupidly lost pucks), the poor decisions (just look how we give away the puck before the OT goal) and the lack of experience.

Now, even worse, i think that our confidence is quite shot. We came back twice in the third period, to eventually lost the game. (Colorado and then Toronto)
Its really hard.

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey8888 View Post
chill out people, it's just 18 years & 7 games
btw, if they were to get a new coach he/she should speak french, english, chinese, & creol
A Chinese-speaking coach would probably be more attractive as a replacement Canucks or Leafs head coach than s/he would be in Montreal.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HCH

The OT epitomized Martin's strategy. In a 4 on 4 situation where the ice is wide open, where speed is an asset, where you need a goal... he has his slowest, least mobile, poorest passing, most offensively challenged player (Gill) on the ice.

Some of his decisions will never cease to amaze me.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

well atleast we play get to play jose threeormore next game guranteed win

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PyrettaBlaze

Did you guys hear Eller on the TSN 990 post game interview? He said he had no idea that the Leafs made a goalie change. He even asked the reporter when exactly the change happened... Why the **** didn't he know this? Please don't tell me that the coaches didn't mention anything to the players.

PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Sergei Goldenhands
Used Registerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
LOL, Eller's post game interview, sais he didn't even know the leafs made a goaltending change. Which means the coaches weren't emphasizing that the leafs made a goalie change. GG COACHES. I still heart You Lars!
eh boy.

That show how much problems there is with this coaching staff.

Sergei Goldenhands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Kikizaz

Quote:
Well the others are NOT completely hopeless. And the slow one 4 on 4 keep showing that he is in that situation. But hey, let's throw the youngsters under the bus. The org. keep doing that before, will not stop doing it now. I guess we will see their potential once they leave the team. The Habs, you're favorite NHL farm team.
Dude, im all for the youth movement. I dare you to watch Diaz in front of the net or along the boards. He is afraid of shadows. I want him to succeed. But I don't think he should be given a carte blanche.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JohnLennon

I have to admit, this is pretty bad.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 09:09 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
The departure of Hamrlik is going to bite us every night.
We cant compete with Diaz or Yemelin playing against Kessel, Roy or Bergeron every night. Not yet.

Its normal, they have to adjust themselves.
If some people here cant understand that, well, its too bad, but Muller, Boucher, Lemaire or Bowman cant fix the miscommunication between the players (leading to stupidly lost pucks), the poor decisions (just look how we give away the puck before the OT goal) and the lack of experience.

Now, even worse, i think that our confidence is quite shot. We came back twice in the third period, to eventually lost the game. (Colorado and then Toronto)
Its really hard.
that, but it's also easier to blame the coach

whaddaya know...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sergei Goldenhands
Used Registerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
we were up by one at the time

try again ********
We definitely sang Ole when it was tied.

I 'ed really hard when I heard it.

Sergei Goldenhands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Credit to Grabs. Good job to Martin and his fixation of having Hal Gill play 4 on 4......Makes no sense at all....but he's the professionnal. He has to know what he's doing. Right?
Every time I see Gill set foot on the ice in OT, I cringe a little and ask myself why ? Why Jacques, WHHHyyyyyyyy ?

The defence still sucks. PK is still terible. The PP looks awful. And we look like we're gunning for the all-time record for bench minors

On the bright side, we were re-introduced with our now official 2nd line center going forward, mister Lars Eller !! The Danish Thug

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want The 25 View Post
well atleast we play get to play jose threeormore next game guranteed win
I'm afraid the Habs used up their weekly quota of goals tonight so expect a shutout next game for Theo..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Mansfield
possession obsession

as a leafs fan, i think you guys have played better than the points indicate, that game was ****ing ******** on both sides though so w/e

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Did you guys hear Eller on the TSN 990 post game interview? He said he had no idea that the Leafs made a goalie change. He even asked the reporter when exactly the change happened... Why the **** didn't he know this? Please don't tell me that the coaches didn't mention anything to the players.
I'm not even sure what to say about this...

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I ****ing love Lars Eller! Wow wow wow.

Don't ever split him and Kostitsyn. You can put a rock on the LW and that line will still own.
Eller, AK, Pacioretty should be our first line.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
That tells you everything you need to know right there. Muller would have been making sure every single guy knew that the Monster was in net, and to shoot, shoot and then shoot some more.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipperyPete View Post
Ya, the Habs aren't playing great, but they're not playing 1-4-2 bad. If you were to say before the game that the Habs outscored the Leafs and lost by letting in 5 goals, I would probably think that Carey played bad and the Leafs' goalie was great. Wasn't the case at all.

This is just a really bad stretch. I realize that we're losing important points, but I'm still not ready to blow up the team or "tank" (as if a team has ever done that 7 games into a season). Things will improve, it's just a question of whether or not they'll improve enough to get us into a decent playoff spot by the end of the year.
Tha last high-profile tanking attempt that worked started about 5-7 games into the season.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gusfring

This is on Gauthier...

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

I find it absolutely hilarious that everyone is just saying how bad we are and not even mentioning the fact that we likely would have won if that ref called the play when the puck hit the mesh and went out of play..instead the laffs scored....joke and its just how our luck has been this yr. I am so sad

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member

Quote:
Coaching staff fail.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Agreed.

Yakupov is worth a season of fail, IMO.

Let's tank!
Oh great, another midget! I'm using that word ironically

You guys are great, complain about lack of size and toughness, then put all our hopes and future in the hands of a 5'11" 18 year old Russian.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
It's a way to make noise, like chanting Go Habs Go, but of course you knew that and just wanted to troll.
Serious question, not trolling. Where did that come from, I know the do it in soccer but I am not sure why Mon started it. Is there a reason, or is it just a generic chant ?

HockeyFanSince86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zaide
I'm a renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
It's a joke mate. Lay off.
I agree with the fact we ALL want Yakupov, eh. But Fail for Nail, pronounced correctly, sounds awful. We need something else.

Zaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheBuriedHab

Soooooo, Florida,Philly,Boston x2 coming up. Ohhhhh boy.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 09:12 PM
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
That tells you everything you need to know right there. Muller would have been making sure every single guy knew that the Monster was in net, and to shoot, shoot and then shoot some more.
Mod edit:
I'm so tired of this ****. He'd be another rookie coach and this organization does not need that anymore. Muller does not even speak French and believe or not, with over 5 million FRENCH PEOPLE IN QUEBEC the coach has a duty to be able to communicate. I'm not happy with it but it's the reality.

Muller this muller that. No. Muller left because he wanted to.

STOP BRINGING MULLER UP.

We all hate Jacques ****** coaching but it falls on him and only him, not Muller.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-23-2011 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary comment
WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote