HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Good Workouts

Old
10-13-2011, 02:01 AM
duul

vCash: 50
Good Workouts

Alright so I'm 6'1 and 160 pounds, and terribly out of shape. I've never been on any sort of workout plan and all I eat is junk. I play hockey 3-4 times a week with my team and shinny.

I'm fast, however I get tired out pretty quickly. I can make some pretty good passes, and I'm the quarterback of our PP. However in the 2nd and 3rd periods I find myself lightheaded and my vision starts to go on me. I'm guessing this is due to just being out of shape some way or another.

I downloaded p90x yet but haven't started (am planning to on Monday). I'm looking for a workout that's focused around what a hockey player needs, however I'm guessing pretty much anything will do for me given my muscle and being so out of shape.

Also for nutrition, I constantly eat Mcdonalds and drink pop so I'm guessing this is going to be a huge change for me. p90x also gives you a nutrition guide but I'm wondering if there's anything special you need to be doing as a hockey player.

duul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 08:43 AM
AngryBoss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
Alright so I'm 6'1 and 160 pounds, and terribly out of shape. I've never been on any sort of workout plan and all I eat is junk. I play hockey 3-4 times a week with my team and shinny.

I'm fast, however I get tired out pretty quickly. I can make some pretty good passes, and I'm the quarterback of our PP. However in the 2nd and 3rd periods I find myself lightheaded and my vision starts to go on me. I'm guessing this is due to just being out of shape some way or another.

I downloaded p90x yet but haven't started (am planning to on Monday). I'm looking for a workout that's focused around what a hockey player needs, however I'm guessing pretty much anything will do for me given my muscle and being so out of shape.

Also for nutrition, I constantly eat Mcdonalds and drink pop so I'm guessing this is going to be a huge change for me. p90x also gives you a nutrition guide but I'm wondering if there's anything special you need to be doing as a hockey player.
First, how old are you?

If you're 160, I'm hesitant to tell you to stop eating all junk food.
It's good to consume some quantity of fat. Eating McD's 3x a week isn't good, but I've heard some nutrionists say that eating it once a week can actually be beneficial.
Try to eat a balanced meal, but don't worry about counting carbs. If you're on the ice 3-4 times a week, then carbs are your friend as you'll need energy for that much activity.
Protein, helps build muscle but also levels out carbs so that it regulates energy throughout the day.

As far as working out, you want to get stronger.
I'm a big proponent of doing full body workouts and using mostly compound movements.
Try working out 3x a week, and then sprinkle in some cardio on off-days.
If you can only workout 2x a week, that's fine too.

I've always followed the KISS approach. Throw away those dumb muscle magazines that tell you to focus on one body part per day, and do endless reps and exercises for them.
If you're not going to be a pro body-builder, and take massive amounts of supplements and steroids, then working out as a pro BB doesn't make sense.

Squats, deadlifts, pull-ups, bench press, dips, curls, skull crushers, calves, etc.
That's the meat and potatoes right there.
Almost all of those movements involve more than just one muscle group.
Squats work your entire lower half and it's such an intense movement that it increases and promotes muscle growth all over the body.
Deadlifts are probably the most perfect movement you can have.
Ask yourself how many times in a year you'll bend down to pick something up. Then ask yourself how many times have to curl something over a declined surface?
It just makes sense.

Deadlifts help build the core, and legs. Squats do the same.
You're legs will get stronger and won't tire as easy as the game progresses.

For cardio, dabble with Tabata principles.
It works best with a stationary bike and sprinting.
If you have a stationary bike, sprint hard for 20 seconds, then take 10 seconds off. Do that for 8 sets.
You can even do 30 seconds, then 90 seconds off and do that for 4-8 sets.
That mimics a hockey shift.
HIIT training also promotes weight-loss up to 48 hours after you've worked out.
Doing HIIT or Tabata with sprinting is amazing too - but extremely taxing.
Find a 400 meter track and sprint it. Then walk it, then sprint it. Do that for 4 sets.
Trust me, you'll be gassed.

But all of that will help give you the endurance and strength you need.

Finally, make sure you get your needed rest too. Muscles only grow when you're sleeping or resting.
Tear them down and then give them the time to heal afterward.

I always try to take a break every 8 weeks. I don't do anything in that week except go for a mild jog here or there.
But your body needs proper recover time.

I hope that helps. And remember, keep it simple. No need for complex workouts with crazy machines and all that.
Just do what your body would have normally done if it was 200 years ago and working on the farm. Lots of pushing and pulling. You'll get stronger and in better shape. Trust me.

AngryBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 08:44 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Go outside, get a pile of wood, grab a splitting axe and get to work. Splitting wood is a great workout.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 08:52 AM
AngryBoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Go outside, get a pile of wood, grab a splitting axe and get to work. Splitting wood is a great workout.
Climbing rope is insane too. It works the entire upper-body.
But I'm not sure too many guys have the necessary space for a hanging rope, lol.

Old
10-13-2011, 09:01 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
If you weigh 160 at that height you are terribly underweight my friend. While BMI is pretty much a giant farce, you would be under your limit by 20lbs at least. That proves two things to me in this case though. You are either 1) lacking muscle or 2) just skinny as hell. With that, here are the first few things I would tell you:

1) Stay away from typical gym supplements, especially pre-work stuff. You don't need them yet. and you are only going to waste your $$$ on things your body is going to produce anyways. However, with that being said get a Fish Oil, Multi-Vitamin, and Whey Protein. Your goal right now is to digest the same amount of protein as your body weight 1g=1lb. That should help get your weight up with good protein for muscle building.

2) P90X is a great thing if you do it properly. The issue with most guys is they tend to go heavy with weight...P90X is more of a cutting and endurance tool in my book. If you want to put on some mass (which I personally thing you should be doing..but I'm not a doctor either) you need to be weight lifting as well.

3) If you do weight lift, stick to the basics. Compound exercises like Deadlifts, Benchpress, Squats, Shoulder Press. Don't get fancy with some of the exercises you'll see people doing. While you can do isolation exercises, at this point its pretty moot. Build your foundation and get your muscles used to lifting. Remember its not about the amount of weight but your form. I would rather do 135 with 10 perfect reps than 160 with an arched back.

Also, lift after you first get up for the day, regardless of when that is. It will give your muscles the entire day to recover and you will also have the most energy. Don't believe me? Work out in the morning one week and then the next work out after you are done with your job/school. Tell me which one you feel more Alert during.

Quote:
While this isn't nearly as terrible as people will let you on to believe, it depends on what you are eating there. 1) ditch the pop (least I know what part of the country you're from!) all together. Once you ditch it, you'll wonder why you didn't do that in the first place. Next...get your arse in the grocery store and buy chicken breast, fruits and veggies. Oatmeal in the morning (fiber and carbs) to help get you started.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 09:01 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBoss View Post
Climbing rope is insane too. It works the entire upper-body.
But I'm not sure too many guys have the necessary space for a hanging rope, lol.
YES! That will kill your upperbody like no one's business. I love my gym has a climbing wall too

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 09:10 AM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBoss View Post
For cardio, dabble with Tabata principles.
It works best with a stationary bike and sprinting.
If you have a stationary bike, sprint hard for 20 seconds, then take 10 seconds off. Do that for 8 sets.
You can even do 30 seconds, then 90 seconds off and do that for 4-8 sets.
That mimics a hockey shift.
HIIT training also promotes weight-loss up to 48 hours after you've worked out.
Doing HIIT or Tabata with sprinting is amazing too - but extremely taxing.
Find a 400 meter track and sprint it. Then walk it, then sprint it. Do that for 4 sets.
Trust me, you'll be gassed.
What exactly is HIIT and Tabata?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:13 AM
AngryBoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
What exactly is HIIT and Tabata?
High Intensity Interval Training. Tabata is essentially the same, but it's named after a Japanese sports guru.

Basically, you go as hard as you can for short periods, and then rest for a short period.
And then repeat for anywhere between 4 to 8 reps.
It helps build up your anaerobic (as opposed to aerobic) stamina.

There's many benefits to this. It trains your body to build stamina for this quick bursts of energy it needs. It also helps prepare your body and mind to continue to push even when there's no oxygen left in the tank.

For hockey, it's perfect because it mimics a hockey shift. You're out there for 30-45 seconds and mostly going all-out. Then you sit on the bench for 3-4 minutes recovering, before doing it again.

I know quite a few boxers who do this as well and it's really helped them prepare for fights.

BigT2002, I love the rope. We don't have a regular hanging rope in our gym, but an actual rope machine. I finish my workouts with it and it's amazing how much my bi's and tri's are screaming when I'm done.
It's also helped rehab a bad shoulder I have too.
Great workout!

I swear, Rocky 5 basically shows you all that you need in order to build strength and size.
Deadlifts, squats, military presses, rope climb, etc.
It's exactly what all of us would be doing if we worked the land like our fore-fathers.
I know one farmer that still does a lot of manual labor and the dude's arms are enormous. They are at least 22" and he's never lifted a weight in his life. Just old-school farm-boy work.

Old
10-13-2011, 02:05 PM
newfr4u

duul,

you are severely underweight. up your caloric and protein intake. you may think that you need to eat "clean", but it's all a bunch of nonsense. bulking is bulking. eat more calories and lift progressively higher loads of weight. look into squats and deadlifts on youtube, they are the two best exercises, bar none. if you still have the energy to do other stuff, do HIIT or Tabata as suggested above, though for clarification, you do 30 second intervals with 15-30 second rest. not 3-4 minute rest.

p90x is ****. you will not get significantly stronger, you might drop a little bit of fat, but if you don't get enough calories, you are more likely ot lose muscle mass as well. it will probably help you with your 2nd-3rd period lightheadedness, but not much else. p90x is simply an inferior program, not suited for beginners.

newfr4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfr4u View Post
duul,

you are severely underweight. up your caloric and protein intake. you may think that you need to eat "clean", but it's all a bunch of nonsense. bulking is bulking. eat more calories and lift progressively higher loads of weight. look into squats and deadlifts on youtube, they are the two best exercises, bar none. if you still have the energy to do other stuff, do HIIT or Tabata as suggested above, though for clarification, you do 30 second intervals with 15-30 second rest. not 3-4 minute rest.

p90x is ****. you will not get significantly stronger, you might drop a little bit of fat, but if you don't get enough calories, you are more likely ot lose muscle mass as well. it will probably help you with your 2nd-3rd period lightheadedness, but not much else. p90x is simply an inferior program, not suited for beginners.
P90X is a quality overall fitness program. It's not a program designed to give you massive size or anything of that sort, but it'll help you get fit and strong in all areas of your body. I did P90X for over a year and now am into my own program that I've created using a lot of the principles from P90X. My cardio days are all based on P90X's Plyometrics program which is an interval-based routine. It's great for building endurance and aerobic capacity.

That said, the weakest segment from P90X is definitely the legs routine. It'll help strengthen some, but due to the limitations of it being an at-home program, you won't get the same benefit of doing large weight squats and such you get from going to a full gym.

Stories is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Stronglifts 5x5 workout
4 Hour Body diet
Add hill sprints if you have extra energy

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 02:33 PM
mbeam

I'm shocked by all the people underplaying the eating junk stuff just because you are under weight. There are much better and healthier ways to add bulk than continueing to eat McDonalds. I used to eat pretty ******, not quite as bad as you perhaps, but I've been able to weed mostly all of it out of my diet and prepare good rounded meals (for example: half the plate is vegetables, then a bit of carbs - i like rice or rice noodles, and then some chicken or fish) and just that makes a world of difference to my energy level, enabling me to excercise more and the results have absolutely transfered onto my performance on the ice.

It seems to me your biggest complaint seems to be cardio. Well, get a routine going. Jog for 30 min every day, or bike, or go on an eliptical or climb stairs. If you are consistent with cardio, you will absolutely notice improvements in your on ice energy levels.

mbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 04:01 PM
ponder

Main thing you should be doing is cleaning up that diet, and cardio. Try to eat minimal fat and refined sugar, focus on tonnes of protein (eggs, protein shakes, and meat, especially chicken), tonnes of veggies, and a decent amount of fruits and carbs (whole grains). For cardio, put me in for another vote in the HIIT camp, great way to train yourself for the pace of a hockey game.

As for building muscle, my current routine is:

M/W/F
- Squats (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Bench press (3/10)
- Cable pull downs (3/10) or wide grip pullups (3 sets to failure) <--- I just do whatever's free at the gym, works the same muscles
- Abductor machine (3/12)
- Adductor machine (3/12)
I do the abductor/adductor stuff for my knees, I have weird knees and it helps balance them, but they're also good for hockey, they're muscles you use in your stride. You do them on the same machine too, so easy to superset. Definitely skipable though, I wouldn't do them if my knees weren't a bit wonky.

Tu/Th:
- Deadlift (3/10) <--- bane of my existence, but a must
- Military press (3/10)
- Bicep cable, ez-curl attachment (3/12)
- Tricep cable, ez-curl attachment (3/12)
And I superset the bis/tris, just to speed things up.

And every day in the gym, before the workout, I do the "gym warmup" from Gary Robert's youtube Nike training thing (the one with the wall squat, glute bridge, inchworm, etc.), helps get me nicely warmed up and in the right frame of mind to push myself on the weights. The "side leg lifts on wall" are freaking hard.

For core I just do the P90X "ab ripper x", 3 nights per week, at home (all you need is a yoga mat).

I find it's a good routine for me, and pretty quick too, about 30-40 mins each morning in the gym for the warmup and weights, and it's easy to fit in the ab ripper routine 3 nights a week at home, which is just a 15 minute workout each time. Combine this with a good diet, and a protein shake both before and after the workout, and you'll start packing on muscle. Main thing with any gym routine is just to stick with it, it takes awhile to see noticeable changes to your body, but if you stick with it consistently over a long period of time, always pushing yourself and keeping a good diet, you're guaranteed to see results eventually.

Last edited by ponder: 10-13-2011 at 04:09 PM.
ponder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Also if you want to gain weight, don't eat junk, drink a gallon of whole milk a day.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 04:37 PM
newfr4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Stronglifts 5x5 workout
4 Hour Body diet
Add hill sprints if you have extra energy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Also if you want to gain weight, don't eat junk, drink a gallon of whole milk a day.

Old
10-13-2011, 04:42 PM
newfr4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeam View Post
I'm shocked by all the people underplaying the eating junk stuff just because you are under weight. There are much better and healthier ways to add bulk than continueing to eat McDonalds. I used to eat pretty ******, not quite as bad as you perhaps, but I've been able to weed mostly all of it out of my diet and prepare good rounded meals (for example: half the plate is vegetables, then a bit of carbs - i like rice or rice noodles, and then some chicken or fish) and just that makes a world of difference to my energy level, enabling me to excercise more and the results have absolutely transfered onto my performance on the ice.

It seems to me your biggest complaint seems to be cardio. Well, get a routine going. Jog for 30 min every day, or bike, or go on an eliptical or climb stairs. If you are consistent with cardio, you will absolutely notice improvements in your on ice energy levels.
in terms of bulking up, the most important thing is calories. the second most (though much less) important thing is protein. it doesn't matter where they come from. everything else is only marginally important or negligible. good luck running a good enough caloric surplus on half a plate of vegetables. if you can eat a crate of bananas or a bucket of broccoli, more power to you. but most people need to eat calorie dense foods. the OP is 160 lbs FFS. mcdonalds is fine.

Old
10-13-2011, 04:48 PM
newfr4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Main thing you should be doing is cleaning up that diet, and cardio. Try to eat minimal fat and refined sugar, focus on tonnes of protein (eggs, protein shakes, and meat, especially chicken), tonnes of veggies, and a decent amount of fruits and carbs (whole grains). For cardio, put me in for another vote in the HIIT camp, great way to train yourself for the pace of a hockey game.

As for building muscle, my current routine is:

M/W/F
- Squats (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Bench press (3/10)
- Cable pull downs (3/10) or wide grip pullups (3 sets to failure) <--- I just do whatever's free at the gym, works the same muscles
- Abductor machine (3/12)
- Adductor machine (3/12)
I do the abductor/adductor stuff for my knees, I have weird knees and it helps balance them, but they're also good for hockey, they're muscles you use in your stride. You do them on the same machine too, so easy to superset. Definitely skipable though, I wouldn't do them if my knees weren't a bit wonky.

Tu/Th:
- Deadlift (3/10) <--- bane of my existence, but a must
- Military press (3/10)
- Bicep cable, ez-curl attachment (3/12)
- Tricep cable, ez-curl attachment (3/12)
And I superset the bis/tris, just to speed things up.

And every day in the gym, before the workout, I do the "gym warmup" from Gary Robert's youtube Nike training thing (the one with the wall squat, glute bridge, inchworm, etc.), helps get me nicely warmed up and in the right frame of mind to push myself on the weights. The "side leg lifts on wall" are freaking hard.

For core I just do the P90X "ab ripper x", 3 nights per week, at home (all you need is a yoga mat).

I find it's a good routine for me, and pretty quick too, about 30-40 mins each morning in the gym for the warmup and weights, and it's easy to fit in the ab ripper routine 3 nights a week at home, which is just a 15 minute workout each time. Combine this with a good diet, and a protein shake both before and after the workout, and you'll start packing on muscle. Main thing with any gym routine is just to stick with it, it takes awhile to see noticeable changes to your body, but if you stick with it consistently over a long period of time, always pushing yourself and keeping a good diet, you're guaranteed to see results eventually.

what are your lifts? it is extremely likely that you are doing too many sets/reps of squats/deadlifts and not enough weight.

a couple of other points: (1) you have no heavy explosive movements at all, and (2) you don't have any recovery periods. this is likely slowing down your strength gains.

Old
10-13-2011, 04:54 PM
mbeam

Quote:
in terms of bulking up, the most important thing is calories. the second most (though much less) important thing is protein. it doesn't matter where they come from. everything else is only marginally important or negligible. good luck running a good enough caloric surplus on half a plate of vegetables. if you can eat a crate of bananas or a bucket of broccoli, more power to you. but most people need to eat calorie dense foods. the OP is 160 lbs FFS. mcdonalds is fine.
Yes, calories are important. But you can get those without putting **** preservatives and low-nutrient foods into your system. Obviously half a plate of veggies doesn't give you that, but it gives you the nutrients to not feel like **** every day from eating McDonalds. That's why I didn't say eat JUST that. Fill the rest up with carbs - rice, bread, potatoes, whatever, and then some high protein meats which will also give you your fats.

Fast food is alright once in a while but the OP "constantly eating McDonalds and drinking pop" should not be in the diet plan, even for adding bulk. There are much better ways to do this.

Old
10-13-2011, 05:00 PM
duul

Holy smokes, thanks for all the replies people.

I'm 19 years old by the way, and I won't be able to get to a gym consistently which is why I figured p90x would be a good option.

Basically what I'm thinking now is to consume as much protein as possible (anybody know a good protein shake?) do p90x, eat better and try to do some outdoor stuff like jogging. Someone mentioned running up and down stairs, but there's a big hill by my house that I can run up and down, I'm sure that will work.

Also I don't think I'm severely underweight, this years #1 draft pick is around as skinny as I am and the same height hahaha.

Oh, I also seem to have a really fast metabolism. I do eat a lot, even if most of it is junk..I've always been really skinny my whole life although always doing sports and eating lots.

Old
10-13-2011, 05:04 PM
mbeam

Quote:

I'm 19 years old by the way, and I won't be able to get to a gym consistently which is why I figured p90x would be a good option.

Basically what I'm thinking now is to consume as much protein as possible (anybody know a good protein shake?) do p90x, eat better and try to do some outdoor stuff like jogging. Someone mentioned running up and down stairs, but there's a big hill by my house that I can run up and down, I'm sure that will work.

Also I don't think I'm severely underweight, this years #1 draft pick is around as skinny as I am and the same height hahaha.

Oh, I also seem to have a really fast metabolism. I do eat a lot, even if most of it is junk..I've always been really skinny my whole life although always doing sports and eating lots.
Sounds like you're on the right track. All that sounds really good. The most important thing is trying to get into a routine which can be tough sometimes to motivate yourself when you don't want to do it, but after a while it will become second nature and you'll crave it . Good luck!

Old
10-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Ozolinsh_27

Quote:
Basically what I'm thinking now is to consume as much protein as possible (anybody know a good protein shake?)
If you can, order from trueprotein.com -- their premium flavors for whey are amazing, I like cookies and cream best. Tastes like oreo cookies and milk, I think

The money you save by ordering from them is made up in shipping costs, for example I pay 20-25$ shipping to Canada for 10lbs of protein but it sure does taste better than the crap I'd buy at a supplement store. Its probably cheaper to ship to the US if you live there.

Ozolinsh_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 05:15 PM
newfr4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeam View Post
Yes, calories are important. But you can get those without putting **** preservatives and low-nutrient foods into your system. Obviously half a plate of veggies doesn't give you that, but it gives you the nutrients to not feel like **** every day from eating McDonalds. That's why I didn't say eat JUST that. Fill the rest up with carbs - rice, bread, potatoes, whatever, and then some high protein meats which will also give you your fats.

Fast food is alright once in a while but the OP "constantly eating McDonalds and drinking pop" should not be in the diet plan, even for adding bulk. There are much better ways to do this.
get the calories however you can. if you can spend the time and money to shop for fresh organic stuff every day and cook it, go right ahead. if you can drink a gallon of milk a day and still have normal bowel movements, then do that instead. but you are overstating the effects of "****** preservatives" on concepts like gaining strength. much like you overstate low-nutrient foods. what nutrients are you talking about? vitamins? protein/fat/carbs?

having said that, i would limit sugars, unless you rely on them for your caloric surplus.

Old
10-13-2011, 05:28 PM
duul

Quote:
get the calories however you can. if you can spend the time and money to shop for fresh organic stuff every day and cook it, go right ahead. if you can drink a gallon of milk a day and still have normal bowel movements, then do that instead. but you are overstating the effects of "****** preservatives" on concepts like gaining strength. much like you overstate low-nutrient foods. what nutrients are you talking about? vitamins? protein/fat/carbs?

having said that, i would limit sugars, unless you rely on them for your caloric surplus.
I drink ridiculous amounts of milk hahaha. Not sure how much a gallon is, but I drink around 2 bags a day (Canadian).

Ozolinsh, thanks man. What one on that site do you recommend? I don't have the 300 bucks to get the 50lb one hahaha.

Old
10-13-2011, 05:29 PM
newfr4u

Quote:

this is a huge myth. keep a log of EVERYTHING you eat for a week, then see how many calories you really consume. most skinny people think they eat more than they do. most fat people think they eat less than they do.

as far as p90x, it's inferior to almost any barbell lifts program, and it is also incredibly complicated, not to mention it is difficult to add progressive loads to it. however, we don't all have access to a gym. make an effort to find one, but if you can't, look into other options, like kettlebells or dumbells at home. a good basic lifts program is way better.

Old
10-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Ozolinsh_27

Quote:
Ozolinsh, thanks man. What one on that site do you recommend? I don't have the 300 bucks to get the 50lb one hahaha.
I recommend whey protein isolate cold filtration, cookies and cream or banana bash flavors. Never really tried much else. They have a sample packs you can order where they send you 5 servings of diff flavors you pick or theres another one for 39$ where they send you a sample serving each of all their diff flavors. I just ordered 5 lbs of cookies and cream and 5lbs of banana. You won't really know which ones you like until you try them. But cookies and cream is much more true to the name than banana one. Oh and make sure you get premium flavor, not the natural flavor.

If you need slower digesting protein, I use milk protein isolate. Whey is great post workout.

Ozolinsh_27 is offline   Reply With Quote