HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Did Jacob Markstrom steal the starting job last night?

Old
10-31-2011, 12:14 PM
Erick*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
True there's no guarentee, but i'd be shocked to see Clemmensen stay instead of Markstrom.
I wouldn't.

If they can't find a trade partner for Clemmensen, he's still under contract and a decent backup.

They'll probably opt to go that route, and send Markstrom back to San Antonio so he can develop further and get more starts there.

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 12:21 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I wouldn't.

If they can't find a trade partner for Clemmensen, he's still under contract and a decent backup.

They'll probably opt to go that route, and send Markstrom back to San Antonio so he can develop further and get more starts there.
Markstrom and Jose are a better tandum then Jose and Clemmer. That should be the deciding factor, in a team desperate to make the playoffs. There are good arguments whether Jacob's better up here or down in SA, but the arguments are equal on both sides.

I dont think anyoe can argue that right now, betwen the pipes Markstrom gives us a better chance to win then Clemmer.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 12:34 PM
Erick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Markstrom and Jose are a better tandum then Jose and Clemmer. That should be the deciding factor, in a team desperate to make the playoffs. There are good arguments whether Jacob's better up here or down in SA, but the arguments are equal on both sides.

I dont think anyoe can argue that right now, betwen the pipes Markstrom gives us a better chance to win then Clemmer.
As a Panthers fan, I'd love to see Clem traded and Markstrom get playing time, but I'd say the other alternative might be more realistic.

At the end of the day, Theodore was signed to be the starter and he's playing well.
That means Markstrom might not get significant playing time. The guy is the future, and needs to be (or at least should be) playing consistently somewhere.

I wouldn't put it past the organization to send him back to the A. Especially since Tallon/Santos have been extremely patient with the prospects.

Clemmensen is nothing spectacular but he's capable of winning games in the NHL. He's done it before in the NHL with lesser teams than this one. And realistically, there's probably no team that's going to want to make a trade for him.

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote