Looch and Seguin!!!

Old
10-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Jdawg*
I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!

vCash: 500
Looch and Seguin!!!

All I can say is wow.

These guys have some serious chemistry already. I love how they do the cross-crease pass to each other, its so sick.

Keep these guys together Claude.

Looch has his swag back, and Seguin will benefit by having someone who can create some space for him (much like what Looch did for Savy, and Kessel .

So pumped because they are my favorite 2 players, (along with Marshmont and Bergy)

Keep it going guys!!!!!!!!

Jdawg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:45 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Boston whalers

Might as well change the spoked b to an angry black and gold whale

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:45 AM
RussellmaniaKW

Yeah, the chemistry they have is very similar to what Looch had with Kessel, but the nice thing is that Lucic is a much better player now than he was then, and is really confident offensively. They look really great out there together, and Kelly is fitting in nicely.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
All I can say is wow.

They look outstanding together and you have to wonder if Lucic is skating better/more because he has to keep up with Segs. And Tyler's feeding off Lucic as well, he looks very determined and calm and I have no doubt that a presence like Looch helps calm the nerves and boosts your bravado.

10-23-2011, 11:06 AM
ODAAT

Pretty content with Kelly on that line too but...yet again, a guy that won`t be mentioned when he should be cuz he ain`t Looch/Segs or flashy with all due respect to a poster I like in the OP

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Pretty content with Kelly on that line too but...yet again, a guy that won`t be mentioned when he should be cuz he ain`t Looch/Segs or flashy with all due respect to a poster I like in the OP
Spot on ODAAT.

I said it in the GDT. Watch all of the Looch Seguin goals from the last 2 games starting from the play before. Guess who set all of them up, you guessed it Chris "Battleship" Kelly.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
All three of them are 1-2-3 in scoring on the B's. I hope Claude keeps them together.

Bruins4Lifer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Jdawg*
I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Thanks ODAAT

And you are right, Kelly has been great with them, I would not swap him with Krejci right now.

Old
10-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Lifer View Post
All three of them are 1-2-3 in scoring on the B's. I hope Claude keeps them together.
Unless they really cool off, I see that line sticking around for awhile. 13 pts in 2 games is crazy.

Old
10-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Keep Kelly in there to as he has been playing well. The pairing of Lucic and Seguin is promising, a thunder and lightning combination. I like the idea of Looch being out there to protect Seguin from some liberties to. That's the benefit of Lucic, when he is on his game is a big tough guy that has some skill and can play with skill.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:58 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Thanks ODAAT

And you are right, Kelly has been great with them, I would not swap him with Krejci right now.
Wasn`t trying to call ya out Jdawg, trust me, a guy like Kelly who plays a quiet game gets noticed mostly from the perceived deficencies he has offensively (clearly he isn`t a sniper or playmaker) but he is a guy that every team/line loves to have and it`s not one bit surprising to me that CJ felt that a guy like Looch would be well served by playing alongside a guy who`s willing to do what many aren`t.

Take Kelly off that line, and you may still have some chemistry between Segs, but not sure who`d do the dirty work to get that going???

Add to that I have always been a Looch for 2nd/3rd line kinda guy, minute he stepped up onto the 1st, many of those intageables that make him a rare player, slowly slipped by the wayside for the most part camouflaged by his pt totals IMO.

Old
10-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Jdawg*
I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Wasn`t trying to call ya out Jdawg, trust me, a guy like Kelly who plays a quiet game gets noticed mostly from the perceived deficencies he has offensively (clearly he isn`t a sniper or playmaker) but he is a guy that every team/line loves to have and it`s not one bit surprising to me that CJ felt that a guy like Looch would be well served by playing alongside a guy who`s willing to do what many aren`t.

Take Kelly off that line, and you may still have some chemistry between Segs, but not sure who`d do the dirty work to get that going???
Also, Kelly always hangs back defensively, which allows Looch and Seguin to bolt up the boards, often creating 2 on 1s.

And from what I've seen so far, when those 2 are in alone only good things are gonna happen!

Old
10-23-2011, 12:09 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Also, Kelly always hangs back defensively, which allows Looch and Seguin to bolt up the boards, often creating 2 on 1s.

And from what I've seen so far, when those 2 are in alone only good things are gonna happen!
Yep, he is the defensive conscience of that line, his job is to do the dirty work often starting in his own zone, get the puck to either, then let the skill take over from them. He`ll never be the highlight reel goal guy, he`ll plug home rebounds etc...I love him, always been a Kelly guy, mentioned I had season tix in Ottawa for a few years with pops and he was one of both of our favourite players to watch just for pure hockey IQ which doesn`t mean big pt totals but..

Old
10-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Until the other night I thought the only guy on the team that could keep up with Seguin was Paille (sheer speed) but Looch's got some wheels too and Seggy seems to be bringing that out in him.

I love the line because even if you exclude one the other two also have chemistry with each other and it looks effortless. This line is lightning in a bottle.

I don't care if Looch doesn't put up 30 goals as long as he continues to play this way. Claude looks like a genius for developing him slowly last year.

Old
10-23-2011, 12:58 PM
InTentsProductions*

despite kelly's inability to finish i think his net drive, hustle, and defensive play still make him valuable to that line. considering krejci is in that "oh its regular season i'll go 70 percent until the third" mode, i don't think you replace kelly with him yet.

InTentsProductions* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:11 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post

They look outstanding together and you have to wonder if Lucic is skating better/more because he has to keep up with Segs. And Tyler's feeding off Lucic as well, he looks very determined and calm and I have no doubt that a presence like Looch helps calm the nerves and boosts your bravado.
I think that's what happened on both counts. Hopefully it sustains.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:08 PM
KCBRUIN
Tuukka Time

vCash: 50
In the Seguin TOI thread there were a lot of point predictions in the 40-50 range. Anyone else ready to bump their prediction up now that were 1/10th of the way through, and he has a legit power forward in Lucic on his line? Segs is going to pile up the assists and get Lucic close to if not at another 30 goal season IMO. I'm going 20-40-60 as my safe prediction, and 30-40-70 as my Seguinista homer fanboy prediction. Yes I know we're only 8 games in, but barring injury I don't see the kid slowing down for the rest of the season.

KCBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

The real question is, should they send him back to Juniors this year to make up for last seasons mistake?

That line looks great, the Bergeron/Marchand line does as well, however I think Krejci has been left out to dry here. Wouldn't mind seeing them switch up Pouliot and Horton so Krejci has at least someone who can pot a few with him.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:19 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
The real question is, should they send him back to Juniors this year to make up for last seasons mistake?

That line looks great, the Bergeron/Marchand line does as well, however I think Krejci has been left out to dry here. Wouldn't mind seeing them switch up Pouliot and Horton so Krejci has at least someone who can pot a few with him.
Good question, he's also making a good case for them to NOT send him to Providence we he turns 20.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Cheesy

Those two (and Kelly to a slightly lesser extent) have been dynamite together. It has absolutely woken Lucic up and it's made Seguin look even better than he was already playing. Now I wish the rest of the team would catch up, cause as a team, they're inconsistent as **** right now and it's maddening.

Cheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:39 PM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Spot on ODAAT.

I said it in the GDT. Watch all of the Looch Seguin goals from the last 2 games starting from the play before. Guess who set all of them up, you guessed it Chris "Battleship" Kelly.
Battleship?

XtremeofParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:56 PM
seemlessglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post

Krejci left out to dry? He's playing like he's in a coma? How many times do we have to watch him stand at his own freakin blue line and turn over the puck trying to make a cute play. Personally I would be looking to trade him, he's got good value and the B's are strong down the middle. he looks dry cuz he hardly breaks a sweat.

seemlessglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia View Post
Battleship?
It was his nickname it Ottawa because he is always battling to make things happen and that he's solid on defense..

I guess here in Boston we'll just stick to "The Cage"

Old
10-23-2011, 06:25 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:33 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP