HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luke Adam

Old
10-23-2011, 03:27 PM
hockeyfan1

vCash: 500
Luke Adam

I agree that as a rookie, Adam can have some ups and some downs. I think Ruff needs to proceed with caution. Let's not forget what is good for his development.
First line center is a high pressure situation.
He's on a line with Pom and Vanek.Not sure he's going to develop his own game. Whoever plays center for those 2 will get points, but let's not forget personal development!

hockeyfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Evgeni Giroux

I don't see why this will hurt his development

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:52 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

I could see where this would potentially hurt his development. On this line, he's basically trying to let his linemates act as the playmakers and use his big body to either make space for them or get to the front of the net. He might otherwise be getting a little more well-rounded as a playmaker if he were on a line with guys more at his level, or in the A.

That said, he'll probably drop off that line when he's no longer producing there, so no worries about it. And if he can produce for a full season in that kind of a role, who would complain? He'll carve himself out a nice niche.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:59 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972sabres View Post
I don't see why this will hurt his development
agreed if anything I want him in the top-6 rather than playing on a checking line. He needs to improve his skating so he can keep up with the speedsters and most importantly he needs to stop coasting back into his own zone. Skate and play good D the rest will come to him he is very talented and has a great shot..

JOHNBOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor

I have posted in the past that I believe Luke does not have NHL speed. I have been pleasantly surprised this year. This being said, I think Adam belongs in our top 6. He had a hot start, which I never expected to continue at that pace. I had him pencilled in Rochester for this year and so far this start has been a bonus.

Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 05:21 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron C. View Post
I have posted in the past that I believe Luke does not have NHL speed. I have been pleasantly surprised this year. This being said, I think Adam belongs in our top 6. He had a hot start, which I never expected to continue at that pace. I had him pencilled in Rochester for this year and so far this start has been a bonus.
Well said, that's pretty much how I have felt and feel about Luke.
He will have his downs, a healthy amount of downs. That is when he needs to reach deep and rebound and prove, yes prove he should not only be in the NHL but belong in between 2 of our top players. It took a good stretch of games for me to warm up to Adam being on the team. I am not 100% on board, but getting there. It will take a good stretch of games for me to think he doesn't deserve to be an NHL center for the Sabres. He's shown me enough to think he just might be the perfect fit. The downs he experiences will hopefully make him a better overall player. I'm just not one to knee jerk all positive or negative when he has a good or rough game.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 01:45 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan1 View Post
I agree that as a rookie, Adam can have some ups and some downs. I think Ruff needs to proceed with caution. Let's not forget what is good for his development.
First line center is a high pressure situation.
He's on a line with Pom and Vanek.Not sure he's going to develop his own game. Whoever plays center for those 2 will get points, but let's not forget personal development!
First line center is about as good for development as possible. He's obviously there for a reason right now, and what better way to improve than play with the top flankers against the opponents' top D pair?

Stop tinkering. Everybody. We're not 0-54-2

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 06:45 AM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
First line center is about as good for development as possible. He's obviously there for a reason right now, and what better way to improve than play with the top flankers against the opponents' top D pair?

Stop tinkering. Everybody. We're not 0-54-2
That is a ridiculously random record

Adam's development won't be hindered by playing with two great wingers. They're certainly showing him the ropes. It's not like he's our top line center playing on a bad team with bad linemates. Also, he's not expected to play ~20 mins a game.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 08:25 AM
HiddenInLight

I think it is good for Adam to play the top line. I think that it will be good for his development long term because being between two of our best players will hopefully push him to develop good habits. It also forces him to compete against the best talents in the league in other teams best lines, and force him to produce against the opponants top d pairing on a consistant basis. How can that be bad for development? Besides, the way he has been playing, if he keeps it up he may have the stats to be somwhere between great and elite by the end of the year.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote