HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Pouliot doesn't pan out, what about Prospal?

Old
10-23-2011, 04:18 PM
rocketdan9

vCash: 500
If Pouliot doesn't pan out, what about Prospal?

A very good vet and has 8 pts in 8 games already and is known to produce year in and year out.

Pouliot has been trying but unfortunately that can't be enough. He has to score goals. At this pace, it looks like he won't even score 10 goals. IMO there won't be a resurrection of his career in Boston. I give him 10 more games before CJ/PC send him down to prov or waive him

Prospal is an older vet. But he can score, has skill and lately has demanded more from his teammates. He would have zero problems fitting in

2.6 million this year and next is a UFA. So someone is going offer for him via trade deadline.

rocketdan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:24 PM
bostonphoenix

I haven't minded Pouliot's play in comparison to some players on our team who really should be putting up stats....

I think he'll be great here.

bostonphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

What does Pouliot have in common with Ryan Getzlaf, Erik Cole, Patric Hornqvist, David Booth and Mikko Koivu?

That they should all be traded for Prospal, it appears.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp15569

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:30 PM
rocketdan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
What does Pouliot have in common with Ryan Getzlaf, Erik Cole, Patric Hornqvist, David Booth and Mikko Koivu?

That they should all be traded for Prospal, it appears.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp15569
this is a funny comment. PC was semi bashed when Pouliot was brought in. Some were still hopeful for the best. Slowly but surely the bashing has been warranted.

But you think because these other guys have something in common with him that he is in the clear??

Unlike these vets you listed, Pouliot doesn't have time luxury. Every game gets him closer to the exit door.

nice try though

Last edited by rocketdan9: 10-23-2011 at 04:39 PM.
rocketdan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketdan9 View Post
this is a funny comment. CJ was semi bashed when Pouliot was brought in. Some were still hopeful for the best. Slowly but surely the bashing has been warranted.

But you think because these other guys have something in common with him that he is in the clear??

Unlike those other vets that likely will get clicking, Pouliot doesn't have that luxury. Every game gets him closer to the exit door.

nice try though
"In the clear"? What is this, Thunderdome?

Unless you're in the Bruins offices every day with Chiarelli and Julien, you have no idea who's nearing the so-called exit door.

They're eight games into an 82-game season. Unlike some fans, coaches and GMs don't look at long-term projects in eight-game increments.

Old
10-23-2011, 04:55 PM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

In all seriousness I am concerned about Pouliot. I was one of the folks who wanted to give him a chance and 8 games isn't long enough for that to play out (I'm thinking more like 20 games), but he isn't even getting chances. I'm glad he's working hard and hitting, but this is a team that depends on scoring by committee and if he isn't going to get you 15-20 goals then they'll need to get someone who will.

Last edited by PurpleShamrock: 10-24-2011 at 02:20 PM.
PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 05:31 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
A very good vet and has 8 pts in 8 games already and is known to produce year in and year out.

Pouliot has been trying but unfortunately that can't be enough. He has to score goals. At this pace, it looks like he won't even score 10 goals. IMO there won't be a resurrection of his career in Boston. I give him 10 more games before CJ/PC send him down to prov or waive him

Prospal is an older vet. But he can score, has skill and lately has demanded more from his teammates. He would have zero problems fitting in

2.6 million this year and next is a UFA. So someone is going offer for him via trade deadline.
I want Alfredsson from Ottawa. He will cost more, but he will bring more as well.

Whitney is another guy who I would love on the team. Doan, Iginla, Hemsky are all guys I would love to see on the team but will probably cost a lot and in Hemsky's case there is always concerns about his health.

I'm just not a fan of prospal, I don't know what it is, but I don't like it.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 05:36 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
"In the clear"? What is this, Thunderdome?

Unless you're in the Bruins offices every day with Chiarelli and Julien, you have no idea who's nearing the so-called exit door.

They're eight games into an 82-game season. Unlike some fans, coaches and GMs don't look at long-term projects in eight-game increments.
Long-term projects? The guy was signed to a one year deal. He's here to help the team win games and if he doesn't start doing that, he'll find himself in the press box.

You can bet that Chiarelli is looking to upgrade the forward group and based on the way everyone has been playing, Pouliot will be the one on the outside looking in.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

At the end of the 1 year deal he's an RFA. Don't tell me the team didn't factor that in.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 05:44 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post

In all seriousness I am concerned about Pouliot. I was one of the folks who wanted to give him a chance and 8 games isn't long enough for that to play out (I'm thinking more like 20 games), but he isn't even getting chances. I'm glad he's working hard and hitting, but this is a team that depends on scoring by committee and if he isn't going to get you 15-20 goals then they'll need to get someone who will.
I agree on time span of the Poo experiment AND on the scoring thing.
We need 9 guys (and sometimes 12) guys to produce to some extent for us. We don't really have that 1 guy who can carry us through rough patches.

Also: Maybe we can turn this thread into a potential 3rd line W targets thread.

What about Mikael Samuelsson now that he's on Florida? Part of taking him was probably so Vancouver didn't add cap and he has more value to a good team than a Panther one.

My list so far
1) Ray Whitney (Bruins management has wanted him for years, and I think he'll be a Bruin by February)
2) Tuomo Ruutu
3) Vinny Prospal (good call, intriguing)
4) Mikael Samuelsson
5) Zach Hamill????

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

We need another winger whether or not Pouliot's in the starting lineup IMHO.

Old
10-23-2011, 05:58 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
We need another winger whether or not Pouliot's in the starting lineup IMHO.
agree with this

KnightofBoston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post

Yea I was a fan of the signing. No nastiness so far, or offense. I think he will be on the waiver wire by Christmas if he keeps this up. They cant afford someone like Pouliot playing 3rd line minutes, with their premiere center (Sorry Chris Kelly)

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Gonzothe7thDman

Quote:
At the end of the 1 year deal he's an RFA. Don't tell me the team didn't factor that in.
If we signed him as a free agent, how is he an RFA at the end of the season?

Gonzothe7thDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneKenov View Post
If we signed him as a free agent, how is he an RFA at the end of the season?
He was so **** that Montreal didn't tender him a contract.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 07:49 PM
22Brad Park

Give me Prospal anyday over him,And twice on Sunday.Vinny puts up pts and can play on pp.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 07:54 PM
MoeLemay

Chiarelli is not one to admit to his mistakes expect
Pouliot to be here all season trying to fit in.

MoeLemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:00 PM
DaveFromNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeLemay View Post
Chiarelli is not one to admit to his mistakes expect
Pouliot to be here all season trying to fit in.
Dave Lewis and Peter Schaefer say hi...

DaveFromNB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:17 PM
KOHitter87

I would love to see Sauve. I think he gives them the best option. Im not that high on Caron he just reminds me Bitz with higher upside. Sauve has the talent to help the team he just needs to stay healthy.

KOHitter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:20 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Long-term projects? The guy was signed to a one year deal. He's here to help the team win games and if he doesn't start doing that, he'll find himself in the press box.

You can bet that Chiarelli is looking to upgrade the forward group and based on the way everyone has been playing, Pouliot will be the one on the outside looking in.
"Long-term" doesn't mean a couple of years, it simply means more than "eight games."

Old
10-24-2011, 01:21 AM
MoeLemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFromNB View Post
Yes after a full year of trying to fit in.

MoeLemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 01:24 AM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFromNB View Post
i'd like to add Morris

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 06:18 AM
ODAAT

Quote:

8 games in RD, no way Prospal is moved for BP at this point without Chia severely sweetening that pie. Not sure why I have never been a Prospal guy either?

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
He was so **** that Montreal didn't tender him a contract.
Eh that's close enough for government work. The point is that if we tender him a contract at the end of this year, Pouliot's an RFA. This isn't (necessarily) a one year deal. If Pouliot somehow manages to stick, he could be a Bruin for awhile.

Old
10-24-2011, 09:11 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Eh that's close enough for government work. The point is that if we tender him a contract at the end of this year, Pouliot's an RFA. This isn't (necessarily) a one year deal. If Pouliot somehow manages to stick, he could be a Bruin for awhile.
He hasn't played badly, but for a guy on his 3rd team early in his career, I'm not sure he's a long term fit.

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote