Free avatar idea:

FACE FULL OF FINN

Old
11-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Bookman

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
Fox Sports Detroit interview with Kronwall. Apparently Kronwall is going to be okay and says the hit was a good play by Koivu.
Thanks. I posted that in the other thread. Can't wait to see the counter-arguments to that

Old
11-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
Thanks. I posted that in the other thread. Can't wait to see the counter-arguments to that
There's gonna be that one poster that just won't let it go even after the Kerry Fraser article and now the Kronwall interview. Some people just argue for the sake of arguing.

Seriously though, glad to hear that Kronwall is okay and shouldn't be having any lingering issues from the hit. The people complaining need to move on and be glad the defensemen they just locked up for 7 more years is going to be okay.

Old
11-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Nino Noderreiter

vCash: 500
Really OT, but i want to make a new Avatar and does anyone know how to make these things...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...Q9QEwAA&dur=66

Old
11-02-2011, 04:40 PM
wildman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
There's gonna be that one poster that just won't let it go even after the Kerry Fraser article and now the Kronwall interview. Some people just argue for the sake of arguing.

Seriously though, glad to hear that Kronwall is okay and shouldn't be having any lingering issues from the hit. The people complaining need to move on and be glad the defensemen they just locked up for 7 more years is going to be okay.
Yeah i cant believe some fans are saying Koivu clearly targeted Kronwall's head

Old
11-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman22 View Post
Yeah i cant believe some fans are saying Koivu clearly targeted Kronwall's head
If Koivu did target Kronwall's head:

1.) He'd have eyes in the back of his head.

2.) He'd make some better passes.

Old
11-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

http://twitter.com/#!/makinenantti/s...49631290265600

"Canes captain Eric Staal: last 7 games 0g 1a . Also -14 is the worst in the @NHL #canes #DallasStars"

Still feel so bad about Koivu?

Old
11-06-2011, 01:24 PM
edgevolution
GO USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwInS1095 View Post
Really OT, but i want to make a new Avatar and does anyone know how to make these things...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...Q9QEwAA&dur=66
I made this:

At http://diy.despair.com/ Which is really easy to use.

Old
11-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxlockbox View Post
http://twitter.com/#!/makinenantti/s...49631290265600

"Canes captain Eric Staal: last 7 games 0g 1a . Also -14 is the worst in the @NHL #canes #DallasStars"

Still feel so bad about Koivu?
Ouch... That's disappointing to hear. I've always liked the Staal's and the Hurricanes are one of my favorite teams.

Old
11-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Bookman

The proof that Koivu had found his mojo is not so much the points, but the fact they aren't getting trapped in the Wild zone anywhere near as much as they were earlier in the season. He's a force again.

Old
11-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Kari Takko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Ouch... That's disappointing to hear. I've always liked the Staal's and the Hurricanes are one of my favorite teams.
Staal is a very slow starter. I've traded for him the last two years in fantasy hockey @ a very discounted price and he's dominated after that point.

In other news, I traded Alex Tanguay for Ilya Kovalchuk last year the day before Lemaire was announced as the Devils new coach.

Old
11-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yeah I still am waiting for Koivu to start playing this year. Maybe he confused daylight savings time with flipping the calendar around instead of the clock?

Old
11-10-2011, 05:33 PM
grN1g

quick thoughts on heater n koivu on why they aren't lighting it up on even strength.

one of the main things i think you see this is cause heater n mikko are both very sound on defense, they play top lines n focus on doing the right things to stop goals rather than focus strickly offense, and gas themselves out letting the other team score goals. plus they both aren't fast as hell and have the endurance to go lead a fast rush, keep the plays alive in the zone and then go back n defend. i forgot which game we got to see this from them n setoguchi, but those games i think are going to come rare this season.

their offense is going to come from the PP. as much as our pp has been off, thats where its going to come from them. they have alot more room to use their offensive skills in this part of the game and Imo Yeo needs to start re thinking his PP strategy and really rely on this part of the game for Heater n Koivu to get their points.

anyway, these are just my opinions, but i hope this sheds some light on the lack of production from mikko n heater on even strength.

Old
11-10-2011, 05:35 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
it's probably the responsible team defense we're playing that's holding some of our scoring back. Seriously, our forwards make as many if not more great defensive plays than any of our defensemen.

Old
11-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Bookman

Although you gotta admit, if Heater cashes in on half the great chances he's had, we aren't having this conversation. The opportunities have been plentiful. I think at some point this season Dany Boy will go on a tear, and Mikko will be vindicated.

Old
11-10-2011, 05:52 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

I think Danny would probably have twice as many chances (and cashing-in twice as often) if we were free-wheeling it. This may be just a case of learning one thing at a time in Yeo's master plan. Concentrate on how to play defense, and eventually you'll be able to pick your spots offensively and be more comfortable charging ahead full blast.

Old
11-10-2011, 06:26 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

BTW - Koivu has 6pts in the last 6 games, so I don't think anyone should be complaining about his performance recently.

Can't ask for much more than a pt/gm pace that he's currently doing, especially when you factor in all the other areas of impact he has besides the scoreboard.

Old
11-10-2011, 06:31 PM
TurnStyles5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
BTW - Koivu has 6pts in the last 6 games, so I don't think anyone should be complaining about his performance recently.

Can't ask for much more than a pt/gm pace that he's currently doing, especially when you factor in all the other areas of impact he has besides the scoreboard.
Agreed. Chemistry is still forming. He is only one goal behind all-star Pavel Datsyuk. I think now that we have a more free flowing offense and more emphasis on cumulating more shots, Koivu's numbers will start to jump.

Old
11-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Caior89

Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
quick thoughts on heater n koivu on why they aren't lighting it up on even strength.

one of the main things i think you see this is cause heater n mikko are both very sound on defense, they play top lines n focus on doing the right things to stop goals rather than focus strickly offense, and gas themselves out letting the other team score goals. plus they both aren't fast as hell and have the endurance to go lead a fast rush, keep the plays alive in the zone and then go back n defend. i forgot which game we got to see this from them n setoguchi, but those games i think are going to come rare this season.

their offense is going to come from the PP. as much as our pp has been off, thats where its going to come from them. they have alot more room to use their offensive skills in this part of the game and Imo Yeo needs to start re thinking his PP strategy and really rely on this part of the game for Heater n Koivu to get their points.

anyway, these are just my opinions, but i hope this sheds some light on the lack of production from mikko n heater on even strength.
Yea, both players dont cheat, especially Koivu.

Old
11-10-2011, 07:25 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 165
Sorry, but every single time I see the title of this thread, this image comes to mind. Every single time!

Old
11-10-2011, 07:44 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Sorry, but every single time I see the title of this thread, this image comes to mind. Every single time!

it's a good look for him!

maybe blue stripes though. gotta rep Finland.

Old
11-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

Given the choice between Offensive Beast Mode, Defensive Beast Mode, and no Beast Mode, I'd prefer offense. But hey, I'll take defense too.

Old
11-10-2011, 08:22 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

if our offense started playing offensively some of you would be horrified by just how inept our defense is. One of you said they were playing "lights-out" for godsake. They're horrible. I too find myself getting excited when Scandella makes a nice play in either end but watch him--he makes more mistakes than he does good plays. We are definitely going to see one of our prospects gone before next season in favor of shoring up the D.

Old
11-10-2011, 08:27 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
if our offense started playing offensively some of you would be horrified by just how inept our defense is. One of you said they were playing "lights-out" for godsake. They're horrible. I too find myself getting excited when Scandella makes a nice play in either end but watch him--he makes more mistakes than he does good plays. We are definitely going to see one of our prospects gone before next season in favor of shoring up the D.
Very true.

Old
11-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Nino Noderreiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemanh View Post
I made this:

At http://diy.despair.com/ Which is really easy to use.
Awesome dude.

Closed Thread