Originally Posted by TwInS1095 View Post
That is fricking awesome!

Old
10-06-2013, 03:34 PM
countrygentleman
The Kaptain Says ARR

vCash: 500
I did some quick research and here are the facts:

Dating back to March 29 of this year, Koivu has played in 23 games (playoffs included). He has recored two goals and six assists in that time. Let's just project that over a full season and he's on pace for a career year of 7 goals and 21 assists = 28 points!

Slightly disappointing that over two years later, this question is still as relevant as ever: Where is Mikko Koivu?

I understand that some will say he is not a goal scorer, he is a distributor. Yet his assists surely don't reflect that. How can anyone objectively claim that Koivu is not holding back the full potential of Parise and/or Pominville.

The question remains: Where is Mikko Koivu?

Old
10-06-2013, 03:38 PM
P10p

The whole team went to the dumps late last season/playoffs, unfair to single mikko out, if the team was winning or even mediocre, you could make a point. But we were getting thumped nightly in that time period.

Old
10-06-2013, 03:38 PM
P10p

sooooo many comma's my bad lmao!

Old
10-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygentleman View Post
I did some quick research and here are the facts:

Dating back to March 29 of this year, Koivu has played in 23 games (playoffs included). He has recored two goals and six assists in that time. Let's just project that over a full season and he's on pace for a career year of 7 goals and 21 assists = 28 points!

Slightly disappointing that over two years later, this question is still as relevant as ever: Where is Mikko Koivu?

I understand that some will say he is not a goal scorer, he is a distributor. Yet his assists surely don't reflect that. How can anyone objectively claim that Koivu is not holding back the full potential of Parise and/or Pominville.

The question remains: Where is Mikko Koivu?
Well, he's played ~ 5 games on the same line as Pominville, hardly enough evidence to make any reasonable conclusions, but I see that with your arbitrary cut-off point, that evidence doesn't really mean a whole lot in this case.

Some additional quick research shows that over the past 105 games, Koivu has 82 points; which is a projected 64 point season.

In 50 games, Parise has 40 points; good for a projection of 66 points. I question how much Parise is actually being held back.

Old
10-06-2013, 03:53 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

I thought the first line looked great last night. Can't complain about Koivu's game last night. He kept the play going, took shots at the right times, made passes at the right times. 18 faceoff wins (in 28 tries), that's huge too.

Old
10-06-2013, 03:59 PM
countrygentleman
The Kaptain Says ARR

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
I thought the first line looked great last night. Can't complain about Koivu's game last night. He kept the play going, took shots at the right times, made passes at the right times. 18 faceoff wins (in 28 tries), that's huge too.
I concur with your assessment. The line hasn't looked bad and him winning faceoffs is vastly underrated by most.

Yet, if I'm recalling correctly, the line never looked straight up bad last year towards the end (but not as good as the first couple games here). I'm just continually waiting for this thing to turn around and it simply hasn't. How much longer can we have a captain that is so inconsistent? He started slow in 11-12, started slow last year and could very well start slow again. He looked good mid season last before for a while then fell completely off the map at the end.

Old
10-06-2013, 04:39 PM
J22

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygentleman View Post
I concur with your assessment. The line hasn't looked bad and him winning faceoffs is vastly underrated by most.

Yet, if I'm recalling correctly, the line never looked straight up bad last year towards the end (but not as good as the first couple games here). I'm just continually waiting for this thing to turn around and it simply hasn't. How much longer can we have a captain that is so inconsistent? He started slow in 11-12, started slow last year and could very well start slow again. He looked good mid season last before for a while then fell completely off the map at the end.

How is 2 points in 2 games while outplaying Anze Kopitar and Ryan Getzlaf a slow start?

I guess if people constantly complain about Koivu being the problem, they will be right eventually.

Old
10-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Tuomaz

I have noticed that every board has a thread about their captain/best player where they criticize him. Philly has it (giroux) anaheim has one Perry or Getz and so on. I guess we must have this then although it's getting pretty lame.

Old
10-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Chrisinroch

Odd to see this thread necro'ed after just 2 games where koivu has played very well.

Old
10-06-2013, 07:53 PM
behemolari

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala View Post
So what's up with him?
I came here to ask where is mikko koivu hatred thread and here it is, so ordinary

Closed Thread