HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME #8 - New York Rangers at Winnipeg Jets - INTRODUCING SPINNING JETS LOGO!

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2011, 11:10 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Ranger fan coming in peace.

We had no business being in that game. You guys completed dominated us for long stretches and the only reason we were in the game was Biron. You guys have some incredible young talent. I truly look forward to watching Burmistrov, Kane, Schiefele, etc. continue to develop. You guys have a lot to look forward to in the future.

To get the two points after playing so bad is shocking beyond belief. It was a fun game though.

wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
Bogo was solid tonight. The deflection goal was a unfortunate fluke.
Totally agree

Old
bazaaa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Spy View Post
Hi all

great game, poor result

but it's nice to see that the team is doing better now

greetings from Ufa, Russia, i'm kinda "converted" Jets fan (fav team in NHL cos i like the city of Winnipeg)

to be honest i don't regret that i'd set alarm and woken up 6.00 in the morning to watch that game before job, i like what i've seen.i saw all the games so far (had to buy NHL GC pass to watch all games live) and i believe Jets can push it to PO.

P:S: i'd prefer this team to get into play-offs than draft Yakupov.It's a question of pride, well kind of

cheers and night-) off to work
Nice. Welcome.

Old
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
Bogo was solid tonight. The deflection goal was a unfortunate fluke.
Crap happens We seem to get a lot of those unfortunate bounces. I'm just happy that we worked hard this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Ranger fan coming in peace.

We had no business being in that game. You guys completed dominated us for long stretches and the only reason we were in the game was Biron. You guys have some incredible young talent. I truly look forward to watching Burmistrov, Kane, Schiefele, etc. continue to develop. You guys have a lot to look forward to in the future.

To get the two points after playing so bad is shocking beyond belief. It was a fun game though.
Haha, a few guys from the Rangers board came over and apologized after that goal. I got a kick out of that. Thanks for the kind words, I'm a huge fan of Callahan and glad he got the C.

Old
10-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
Hi all

great game, poor result

greetings from Ufa, Russia, i'm kinda "converted" Jets fan (fav team in NHL cos i like the city of Winnipeg)

to be honest i don't regret that i'd set alarm and woken up 6.00 in the morning to watch that game before job, i like what i've seen.i saw all the games so far (had to buy NHL GC pass to watch all games live) and i believe Jets can push it to PO.

P:S: i'd prefer this team to get into play-offs than draft Yakupov.It's a question of pride, well kind of

Diakoyu...........bitaimo!

Old
10-24-2011, 11:12 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 800
Wheeler back to usual self tonight, his one good game against Carolina was an aberration. No fight for the puck, little effort topped off with a complete absence of hockey sense. He would be the first guy on the team I would trade except you wouldn't get anything for him!

Little, Ladd and Wheeler are NOT first line players on any team in the NHL period!

Old
10-24-2011, 11:13 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Hi all

great game, poor result

Bryzgalov, I thought you hated us! Haha jk, welcome!

Old
WJG
Running and Rioting

Disappointing result, but certainly not discouraging. The team has finally started to gel. Once Pavelec starts to feel it again, we'll be a good team.

I like that Byfuglien has finally started to take one timers instead of always winding up for a slap shot or taking a wrist shot. I was also impressed by Maxwell and McArdle, both of whom stepped in and didn't miss a step.

Oduya just scares me every time he has the puck. Between him, Jones and Meech, we need help on the blue line. I wouldn't be against calling up Postma and sending Meech to St. John's.

Also, Ladd needs to learn how to pass. Any time the puck reaches his stick, he always takes the shot, despite the angle or who else might be open.

Old
Andy6
Court Jetster

What do people think about Mason? That was another really solid game for him.

Old
10-24-2011, 11:15 PM
PostmanPat1919

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Wheeler back to usual self tonight, his one good game against Carolina was an aberration. No fight for the puck, little effort topped off with a complete absence of hockey sense. He would be the first guy on the team I would trade except you wouldn't get anything for him!

Little, Ladd and Wheeler are NOT first line players on any team in the NHL period!
All I'm gonna say is that the first line has to start producing points, or else there's really no point in giving it first line minutes. Kane/Antropov/Burmistrov had to carry the team offensively for the most part, and that won't happen forever.

Closed Thread