HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The type of player I think the Isles ought to acquire

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2004, 08:01 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
crew-

That was more than a fair offer. I think people forget what kind of a player Hamrilik is.
Well, I guess some thought it was unfair because Boynton has high upside and Hamrlik MAY be an impending UFA. But, nonetheless, your balance is appreciated.

Old
09-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Zoo

Ziggy ....enough said !!

Old
09-06-2004, 08:17 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo
Ziggy ....enough said !!
Er, enough said? How exactly would Ziggy Palffy address a need for young defensemen on the Island?

Old
09-06-2004, 08:18 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
crew-

That was more than a fair offer. I think people forget what kind of a player Hamrilik is.

WhambamCam8 thanks for the feedback.
I think that some posters not only undervalue Hamrlik,acting as if 30 yrs old is ancient,but they've been posting for almost 2 yrs about how cheaply he could be aquired.the isles show no intention of trading Hamrlik cheaply and with AA looking like he wants to become a ufa,this let's the nyi backload a contract for Hamrlik.

Old
09-06-2004, 10:15 PM
Mizral

Here's some ideas:

Jim Fahey from the Sharks (probobly could be had cheap since he's currently the #8 or #9 guy on their depth chart)

Ron Hainsey from the Habs

Aki Berg from the Leafs (Still young and hey, you never know... .. okay maybe you do know in this case)

Matthew Spiller from the Yotes (Likely cost a little bit, but he's not even on the Yotes roster currently, so he couldn't be THAT expensive)

Joe Corvo on the Kings (Cheap seeing as he probobly doesn't have the greatest reputation anymore, and I'm not sure if his legal issues are in the past yet or not)

Carlo Colaiacovo (JFJ hasn't had a problem trading youth to get 'right now' assets before. This one might cost you Mike Peca though or something similar. Maybe Hammer for Coca Cola might be a deal worth talking about?)

That's all I've got for now.

PS: I think it's very... VERY unlikely the Hawks move Jim Vandermeer. He was awesome for them after they acquired him, and he looks like the Flyers seriously underrated this kid.

Old
09-06-2004, 11:46 PM
Trottier
Very Random

If Milbury traded Hamrlik straight up for any of those guys, with the possible exception of Colaiacovo, he should be hung from the rafters. Geez Mizral, you are talking about guys who in a couple of cases are periodically healthy scratches on their current teams! Not flaming you, but on this rare occasion, I think you are off base.

Still awaiting informed opinion, especially from a TB fan, on a hypothetical Hamrlik for D prospect Mike Egener and Andre Roy trade.

Old
09-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
If Milbury traded Hamrlik straight up for any of those guys, with the possible exception of Colaiacovo, he should be hung from the rafters. Geez Mizral, you are talking about guys who in a couple of cases are periodically healthy scratches on their current teams! Not flaming you, but on this rare occasion, I think you are off base.

Still awaiting informed opinion, especially from a TB fan, on a hypothetical Hamrlik for D prospect Mike Egener and Andre Roy trade.
Not to defend Mizral, but he never said Hamrlik straight up for any of those guys. He just listed players he tought might fit the Isles organizational need for young dmen.

Old
09-07-2004, 12:20 AM
Peter Griffin

What about Ruslan Salei? At 28 he's not the ideal age you're looking for, and at $2.4 mil his salary may be a bit steep, but I can see Anaheim moving him sometime in the near future, mainly due to that salary. He would provide the Isles with that tough, physical, crease clearer that is needed and would allow the Isles to deal one of their more expensive blueliners such as Aucoin or Hamrlik.

Old
09-07-2004, 06:46 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
What about Ruslan Salei? At 28 he's not the ideal age you're looking for, and at $2.4 mil his salary may be a bit steep, but I can see Anaheim moving him sometime in the near future, mainly due to that salary. He would provide the Isles with that tough, physical, crease clearer that is needed and would allow the Isles to deal one of their more expensive blueliners such as Aucoin or Hamrlik.
Ducks will want cheap,young talent back,which Wang doesn't want moved.

maybe a 3-way trade where the isles get cheap,young talent back for AA or Hamrlik,then trade it away to Anaheim

Old
09-07-2004, 07:34 AM
Zoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Er, enough said? How exactly would Ziggy Palffy address a need for young defensemen on the Island?
What you guys have needed for some time is someone to play with Yashin and there is no better player out there than Ziggy. As for your D ..... you already have 4 horses that can log a ton of minutes. Alot of teams would love to roll out 4 defencemen like that.

Aucoin
Niinimaa
Jonsson
Hamrlik

Old
09-07-2004, 09:19 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo
What you guys have needed for some time is someone to play with Yashin and there is no better player out there than Ziggy. As for your D ..... you already have 4 horses that can log a ton of minutes. Alot of teams would love to roll out 4 defencemen like that.

Aucoin
Niinimaa
Jonsson
Hamrlik
Implicit in all this, of course, is that money is a factor. It's relatively easy to just sign a good core of veterans to paper, if the bottom line is an afterthought, but it's typically not.

Last edited by Drake1588: 09-07-2004 at 09:26 AM.
Old
09-07-2004, 10:09 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
Actually, he is 30-YO. So, as much as I like his game, this is another expensive dman who is near UFA status.

Old
09-07-2004, 11:11 AM
salty justice

I really wish the Isles fans would stop trying to sell us Hamrlik. Im not saying Barinka or Vandermeer are off the table, or even more valuble than Hamrlik. But, we arent going to need a guy like Hamrlik for another 2-3 years (at the earliest) when we are contending. Not to mention theres no way this overpaid guy is going to resign with the cheap ass Hawks once he is a UFA.

I like Barinka and Vandermeer alot, both are huge and mean. Vandermeer is already a top 4 guy for us and has really made strides since we got him for Zhamnov. I actually think we won that trade. He is going to be a fixture on this team for sure. Barinka has top 4 potential on most teams, IMO, but he is too far behind on our D depth chart to be playing for us anytime soon. So I wouldnt have a problem letting him go, but we would need a young finisher or 2 way forward for any of our D prospects. WE DONT WANT OR NEED HAMRLIK!!!

Old
09-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBob
I really wish the Isles fans would stop trying to sell us Hamrlik. Im not saying Barinka or Vandermeer are off the table, or even more valuble than Hamrlik. But, we arent going to need a guy like Hamrlik for another 2-3 years (at the earliest) when we are contending. Not to mention theres no way this overpaid guy is going to resign with the cheap ass Hawks once he is a UFA.

I like Barinka and Vandermeer alot, both are huge and mean. Vandermeer is already a top 4 guy for us and has really made strides since we got him for Zhamnov. I actually think we won that trade. He is going to be a fixture on this team for sure. Barinka has top 4 potential on most teams, IMO, but he is too far behind on our D depth chart to be playing for us anytime soon. So I wouldnt have a problem letting him go, but we would need a young finisher or 2 way forward for any of our D prospects. WE DONT WANT OR NEED HAMRLIK!!!
Excuse me, TheBob but exactly where do you see ANY Islander fan trying to "sell you" Hamrlik in this thread or any other? An Islander fan (myself) posted a thread suggesting that the Isles needed a young defender, and a Washington fan raised Vandermeer's name. No Islander fan even so much as hinted at a Hamrlik to ChiHawks deal. In fact, his name came up on this board mutiple times this year, partially because some of the less knowledgable Hawk fans posted one moronic Sullivan-for-Hamrlik thread after another. You do not speak for Hawk management, or even other Hawk fans.

Old
09-07-2004, 12:20 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBob

and I don't want to see Hamlik dealt.

See how both our wishes coincide?

Old
09-07-2004, 01:02 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
if altanta feels they can contend for a spot, maybe something around sutton?.. i think sutton would fit in quite well on the island

Old
09-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
if altanta feels they can contend for a spot, maybe something around sutton?.. i think sutton would fit in quite well on the island
Sutton would be ideal.

Old
09-07-2004, 03:54 PM
Mizral

Trots - I didn't mean Hammer for them. I just was listing guys I thought that might have fit Darth's idea.

Sutton I think might be dealt, but there is little doubt the Thrashers would want a NHL defenseman in return. Their blueline is the weakpoint of that team, and Waddel has been 'retooling' it as of late.

Closed Thread