Seatexchange Screw Job

Old
10-25-2011, 12:47 AM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
Sorry, nope. Stubhub is 100% legal. All that matters is how much you sell the ticket for. The STH agreement allows you to sell them at face. The amusement act has gray area on that, but the reality is, you will never (ever) be charged for selling the tickets at face.

As far as people losing their tickets go, this has been completely overblown.
No issue with face value. I'm talking about ticket agents selling for over the face value.
Sorry, should have clarified it better.
If someone wants to sell at face value on Stub Hub there shouldn't be any issues imo.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Wpg316

vCash: 500
Come on!

I'm a STH of 4 and i won't be using this service at all but I'm glad it's available. Not sure why everyone is upset at this.

I look at it as a fail safe in that rare case that you can't unload a ticket for whatever reason ( although that definitely won't happen this year ) so call me crazy but isn't that a good thing?

These scalping laws are complete BS like many of us already know. Just because it's a "law" doesn't make it right. How many of you have downloaded something you shouldn't? Went a little fast on Highway 1 perhaps? Did a little Jay-walking maybe? More then likely all of you so stop being hypocrites.

Multimillionaire companies can make cash by inflating prices and following the rules of supply and demand but some dude with a mortgage he can barely afford can't profit 20 bucks off a ticket? Are you kidding me ?!?!?

Like everything else in life if you don't like a service then don't use it. You don't want to buy a ticket that's 20 bucks over the face value at a sold out arena well then stay home and watch it on TV just make sure your paying that extra 10 bucks a month to Bell... cause they obviously need the cash.

If you don't like ketchup are you going to constantly ***** about that also or just use mustard and enjoy your 8 dollar hot dog lol.

Wpg316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Rsyl84

I like this site, at least I think I do.

My main concern is this is going to limit the availability of season tickets (for those on the waiting list) going forward, lets say I have 2 tickets right now in my name, if I know I can offload my tickets without penalty then what is to stop me from upgrading to 4 seasons at a later date, pick and choose the good games to keep the extra 2 seats and then offload the other 30 games, the net cost of those games will still be considerably less then the walk-up price and I will have my 4 seats in a row.

Rsyl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Beazley
In Lozenge We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsyl84 View Post
then what is to stop me from upgrading to 4 seasons
A $5000 deposit?

Beazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:19 AM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
If this is your concern then you should ask yourself why you bought season tickets in the first place.

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:

My main concern is this is going to limit the availability of season tickets (for those on the waiting list) going forward, lets say I have 2 tickets right now in my name, if I know I can offload my tickets without penalty then what is to stop me from upgrading to 4 seasons at a later date, pick and choose the good games to keep the extra 2 seats and then offload the other 30 games, the net cost of those games will still be considerably less then the walk-up price and I will have my 4 seats in a row.
Wait - you think STH's will be able to pick up more seats ahead of people on the waiting list? I think that's unlikely, unless you've heard otherwise...

Actually, this being TNSE, maybe former Moose STH's will be able to add more season ticket seats for next season.

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Rsyl84

Yes, I heard that current STH can purchase more tickets ahead of the waiting list. I think the max remains at 4 though.

Rsyl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 06:48 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 1066
Quote:
Yes, I heard that current STH can purchase more tickets ahead of the waiting list. I think the max remains at 4 though.
I refuse to believe that. I'm on the wait list.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:15 PM
jimmiekool
Rookie User

Quote:

When the franchise reaches a point that STHs can add extra seats because demand abates, bet the farm that you won't be able to return any game you wish. Crazy demand is the only reason TN has this current policy. The minute TN doesn't feel that they can sell every ticket they have for face, the deal ends.

jimmiekool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Ryan Giggs

So when is the Seat Exchange expected to be up and running?

Ryan Giggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 02:54 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Giggs View Post
So when is the Seat Exchange expected to be up and running?
It is.

almostawake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 03:02 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 574
Quote:
It is.
How so?

From The jets website:

Winnipeg Jets Seat Exchange

Winnipeg Jets SeatExchange is coming soon. Please visit www.WinnipegJets.com/SeatExchange in the near future to be able to buy and sell individual game tickets for Winnipeg Jets home games.

For individual game ticket pricing, visit the Ticket Information page.

To sign up for the individual ticket random draw, visit the www.WinnipegJets.com/Tickets.

cheswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 04:52 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
How so?

From The jets website:

Winnipeg Jets Seat Exchange

Winnipeg Jets SeatExchange is coming soon. Please visit www.WinnipegJets.com/SeatExchange in the near future to be able to buy and sell individual game tickets for Winnipeg Jets home games.

For individual game ticket pricing, visit the Ticket Information page.

To sign up for the individual ticket random draw, visit the www.WinnipegJets.com/Tickets.
Read the first post in this thread. SeatExchange is a program by which STHs can turn their tickets over to TNSE. Once the tickets have been 'sold' back to TNSE they enter back into the general ticket pool. I'm assuming they can be purchased through TM just like the tickets they usually release on game day.

There will never be a 'SeatExchange' website, but I can say for certain that the program is up and running because when I log into my STH account I have to option to 'sell' my tickets.

Old
10-29-2011, 07:00 PM
kjmz

Quote:
Read the first post in this thread. SeatExchange is a program by which STHs can turn their tickets over to TNSE. Once the tickets have been 'sold' back to TNSE they enter back into the general ticket pool. I'm assuming they can be purchased through TM just like the tickets they usually release on game day.

There will never be a 'SeatExchange' website, but I can say for certain that the program is up and running because when I log into my STH account I have to option to 'sell' my tickets.
Thank you for posting this, I had no idea it was online yet. I was looking at the SeatExchange "Coming Soon" message as well.

kjmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Toomuts

Quote:
This is incorrect according to the Winnipeg Jets website under waitlist FAQ's:

If accounts are cancelled or customers break the term of their agreement, will the tickets go to the waiting list or be offered to the current package holders who want to upgrade?

In the event season ticket packages become available, current Season Tickets Holders will be given first access to upgrade by price category, but will not be able to increase the number of seats. Therefore, when tickets become available, either by cancellation or default, that same number of tickets will be made available to the waiting list.

Toomuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 02:32 PM
GrandChelems

Quote:

It is not true to say there will never be a SeatExchange website available, the program only currently returns tickets to the general pool because the system isn't fully up yet.

Old
10-30-2011, 09:58 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
It is not true to say there will never be a SeatExchange website available, the program only currently returns tickets to the general pool because the system isn't fully up yet.
I don't know, maybe you have more information than me, but I cannot understand why they would set up a separate site when TM handles it just fine as it is.

Old
10-31-2011, 12:00 AM
MTB JET*

Quote:
I don't know, maybe you have more information than me, but I cannot understand why they would set up a separate site when TM handles it just fine as it is.
I'm sure there is a very good reason, probably legal issues.

MTB JET* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:47 AM
GrandChelems

Quote:
Non season ticket holders can create an account with the team (or at least they could 2 months ago ... I don't know anyone who has tried recently), log on to it, and search SeatExchange. There just aren't any tickets available; either it says "On sale Nov. 1" or "Sold Out".

Old
10-31-2011, 12:22 PM
Gutterthegreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
Non season ticket holders can create an account with the team (or at least they could 2 months ago ... I don't know anyone who has tried recently), log on to it, and search SeatExchange. There just aren't any tickets available; either it says "On sale Nov. 1" or "Sold Out".
I am coming up from Philadelphia for the game in November - originally I was going to use seatexchange - however the remaining tickets for November went on sale today. So I am good to go now!

Gutterthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Dallas Stars
Rookie User

I just went to the Seat Exchange site, seems to be close to being up and running!

Dallas Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Stars View Post
I just went to the Seat Exchange site, seems to be close to being up and running!
Looks like it's up for me.

http://jets.nhl.com/ticketexchange/

Although everything just says Sold Out.

11-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Tarks
True North

vCash: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post

I was on it earlier today and there was a pair of club seats to the Sens game available. Looks like they were snatched up already.

Tarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 10:47 PM
KingSalamon

Maybe I'll give it a try and sell a couple of tickets on it to see how quick they sell. Or perhaps I should post them here for members to get a shot at them.

Either way, time to go through the calendar again and sort out the games I can and can't make it to.

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post

There are apparently tickets to 3 games up right now...there were 4 games when I first checked, but one disappeared while I was playing around.

I clicked on one of the game and there were P6 tickets available. I tried to select 2 seats and the price came up as 2 x 193.85 = $387.70. Not sure what that's about. I released the tickets back to the system.

EDIT: I guess there's only 1 P6 available, but a pair of P1's for 193.85 each?

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote