Notices

Seatexchange Screw Job

Old
11-09-2011, 08:02 AM
manisback121

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
No, because even though it might circumvent the rule of Manitoba law, your seasons will still be canceled if you are caught.
It's not circumventing though, you are partnering with an agent who isn't violating any law and there is no violation outside of the jurisdiction.

I live in NJ and am half tempted to find holes in purchase agreement, buy off exchange and list em on stub hub at my statutory limit for mark up and see what happens.

Can they screw someone over and bind a law to purchase agreement in a foreign jurisdiction.

I was always curious about the grade school like laws, which is why I'm here.

I'll let you know if I see it feasible and go through with it. If they lose, under new jersey law (where sale technically occurs and thus is binding would TNSE would be liable for damages (fraud multiplier could apply if violations were found egregious enough), interest and attorney's fees.

manisback121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 09:11 AM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by manisback121 View Post
It's not circumventing though, you are partnering with an agent who isn't violating any law and there is no violation outside of the jurisdiction.

I live in NJ and am half tempted to find holes in purchase agreement, buy off exchange and list em on stub hub at my statutory limit for mark up and see what happens.

Can they screw someone over and bind a law to purchase agreement in a foreign jurisdiction.

I'll let you know if I see it feasible and go through with it. If they lose, under new jersey law (where sale technically occurs and thus is binding would TNSE would be liable for damages (fraud multiplier could apply if violations were found egregious enough), interest and attorney's fees.
Please share a picture of your superhero costume.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Mungman
It's you not me.

Quote:

It depends, if you are the STH you could have the tix cancelled for defaulting on the TPA, the relevant clause is below (see bolded portion)

Section 8, subsection b

Quote:
The Account Holder and/or any Bearer having possession of any Ticket(s), can sell, resell, assign or transfer such Ticket(s) to any person or entity provided the Account Holder complies with this Agreement and with all provincial or civic law or statute, or rule or regulation of the Team. Tickets can be sold for the purchase price shown on the Ticket(s) or charged by the Team to the Account Holder. Team recommends that if one wants to sell Tickets, such person shall use the Ticket Exchange service provided by the Team. In the event that Tickets are sold for any price while on the premises of MTS Centre or are sold for any price greater than the purchase price shown on the Ticket(s) or are advertised for sale at a price greater than the purchase price shown on the Ticket(s), the Account shall immediately be considered in default. The Account Holder shall be notified of the default with no right to cure the default, and the Team shall have all of the rights provided under paragraph 9 of this Agreement.

Mungman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:14 AM
tbcwpg

The STH wouldnt be liable if he buys the tickets through SeatExchangs because TNSE has taken those tickets. The STH can't know who will buy their tickets through seat exchange

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Rsyl84

vCash: 894
There is probably some fine print when you purchase from Seat-Exchange that you can not sell the tickets above the face value or the tickets can be invalidated... of course you probably wouldn't get caught.

Rsyl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Mungman
It's you not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
The STH wouldnt be liable if he buys the tickets through SeatExchangs because TNSE has taken those tickets. The STH can't know who will buy their tickets through seat exchange
That's right. I don't use this service, I sell the games I can't go to to friends. In the email with the PDF of the tix I tell them that these are for their use, that way once they are out of my control IF they end up posted for more I've done my due diligence to ensure they aren't resold for more. TNSE looks to be going after those STH looking to profit from having control of seats, not those who can't go to a few games a season and are selling for face value to subsidize their ST package a bit.

Old
11-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:

Your problem lies with the STH agreement. They reserve the right to revoke your tickets if you violate the agreement, and selling the tickets at higher than face value violates the agreement, regardless of where you live, be it Winnipeg, New Jersey, or Timbuktu.

11-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Mungman
It's you not me.

Quote:

Been thinking about the bolded, I think they took care of that by making STH sign the TPA in Manitoba. You sign the contract here there's no reason Manitoba law wouldn't apply, you'd actually have a tough row to hoe to convince a NJ court that they HAD jurisdiction in this case. You may have done the selling from NJ, but EVERYTHING else about the transaction took place in Manitoba (and TNSE would probably enjoy collecting their attorney fees from you as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Your problem lies with the STH agreement. They reserve the right to revoke your tickets if you violate the agreement, and selling the tickets at higher than face value violates the agreement, regardless of where you live, be it Winnipeg, New Jersey, or Timbuktu.
Correct. Contract law would apply regardless what any jurisdictions scalping laws were.

Old
11-10-2011, 11:54 AM
CdnBison

The only season tickets we could get our hands on were 2 in a suite. Then, I ended up with a job in the pressbox. This meant that our tickets would go, for the most part, unused.

The section below screws us *hard*. To the tune of about $100-$150 per game. The "face value" on our game tickets is anywhere from $160-200. The suite licensing fee is not added in there. So, we get to pay can't get back what we actually paid for the seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungman View Post
It depends, if you are the STH you could have the tix cancelled for defaulting on the TPA, the relevant clause is below (see bolded portion)

Section 8, subsection b: The Account Holder and/or any Bearer having possession of any Ticket(s), can sell, resell, assign or transfer such Ticket(s) to any person or entity provided the Account Holder complies with this Agreement and with all provincial or civic law or statute, or rule or regulation of the Team. Tickets can be sold for the purchase price shown on the Ticket(s) or charged by the Team to the Account Holder. Team recommends that if one wants to sell Tickets, such person shall use the Ticket Exchange service provided by the Team. In the event that Tickets are sold for any price while on the premises of MTS Centre or are sold for any price greater than the purchase price shown on the Ticket(s) or are advertised for sale at a price greater than the purchase price shown on the Ticket(s), the Account shall immediately be considered in default. The Account Holder shall be notified of the default with no right to cure the default, and the Team shall have all of the rights provided under paragraph 9 of this Agreement.

CdnBison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 03:33 PM
dhfromkw

I'm loving Seat Exchange right now. I just picked up two P6's for the Hurricanes game on Dec. 9th and two P5's for the Lightning game this Monday.

I also saw two P5's posted for the Washington game next week.

dhfromkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Dallas Stars
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhfromkw View Post
I'm loving Seat Exchange right now. I just picked up two P6's for the Hurricanes game on Dec. 9th and two P5's for the Lightning game this Monday.

Really? I check often but can never find anything better than P1. I do find the odd P5-7 but they are always just singles... I guess you are just getting lucky!

Dallas Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:36 PM
KingSalamon

Lol... you would think that as a person selling my own ticket, that I would see it appear on Seatexchange. I've posted several tickets over the last couple of weeks and everytime I hit refresh I don't see my tickets... I try and try by hitting refresh in the hopes of having one pop up but no such luck. lol

Right now, Seat Exchange is like an additional ticket lottery as you have to be lucky to find seats on it... well at least for upper bowl. lol

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 05:17 PM
dhfromkw

Yeah, I feel quite fortunate right now. P1's are out of my price range (especially the seats in the Budweiser Lounge), however, I'd shell out the $200+ per ticket for P1 seats for the Ducks game should any appear in the future.

dhfromkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 05:44 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhfromkw View Post

Thanks for the heads up. I went on shortly after seeing this (long before posting) and saw the link still up but nothing available. Seems that after someone has them on hold the link is still there but nothing will show when you select the quantity.

I've managed to get pairs to 2 games on seat exchange so far that weren't in the Budweiser lounge. As others have stated, it's suspicious how many tickets are going up in those sections. One time I opened several different browsers (to see what was available beyond what I was holding in my first search) and found I could get almost an entire section to one game. I believe it was 228.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote