HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Any real benefit to of replacing these gloves?

Old
10-24-2011, 11:35 PM
damacumich

vCash: 500
Any real benefit to of replacing these gloves?

I play in a pair of cooper hg900, and have another pair of these for when the current pair is shot. These offer quite a bit of protection, but my understanding is that these are quite a few years old. The gloves have great palms but but the fingers are pretty stiff, I have trouble picking my stick up off the ice, or picking up anything for that matter, as they need to be forced open. Are the gloves they make now that much of an improvement?

Edit: Wow grammar in the title.

damacumich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 11:44 PM
vapor11

I think you would see an improvement for sure.. mainly in your stickhandling and shooting..I have a pair of Easton s11's that I got for $60 on clearance..they feel so light and mobile compared to my older Hespeler and CCM ones...All my fingers have great motion and stiff does not come to mind when I put them on... they also do not get as sweaty

vapor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:29 AM
kr580

Send a message via AIM to kr580
How long have you used your current pair of gloves? You may need to just break them in. If you've had them forever and they're still stiff you could definitely find benefits with a newer glove. Most of them these days are fairly broken in already with nice movement in all fingers.

kr580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I think you'd see a big improvement in mobility and dexterity with new gloves. Those are an older 4-roll style and very un-anatomical with a long cuff. A modern 4-roll will offer the same protection but has more finger breaks, tapered back roll, and shorter cuff. This will give you a little less slop in the glove while still offering a loose fit as well as better finger and wrist movement.

Check out the Bauer 4-Rolls...they are a pretty good value and highly protective. Or the more modern gloves if you want a little tighter fit.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote